• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I Hate Offseason Hype

Writers really dig deep for content in the offseason doldrums, but we need to temper our expectations Based on the hype surrounding Mike Williams in the last week or so, you’d think that he’s an automatic lock to be a pro-bowler this season. I’m writing today because I’m getting annoyed with all the hype pieces surrounding him, when he hasn’t played a meaningful game yet this season. In ten games last season, Philip Rivers targeted Williams 23 times. He caught 11 of those balls for 95 yards. Not exactly the type of production you want from your 7th overall pick, but that’s not the point of this article.
    I am really hoping for great production from Mike this season. He’s put in a ton of work this offseason, and is obviously starting to gain the trust of Philip Rivers, and has improved each day in camp. He’s a big receiver who has incredibly strong hands and can win contested catches like crazy. It looks like he will even get the chance to start across from Keenan Allen, with Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjami

More...
Working...
X