• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Melvin Gordon admits he will be playing at less than 100 percent health

It has been a little over three weeks since Melvin Gordon suffered a sprained MCL, and the star running back will have had four weeks to heal when his Los Angeles Chargers take on the Baltimore Ravens Saturday night. While he is expected to play, he may not be at full strength. Gordon, who has missed the last three games, told reporters on Monday that he feels good enough to play but not 100 percent. “I feel good, not 100 percent obviously,” he said, per Jeff Miller of the Los Angeles Times. “I don’t think that’s a secret. But I’m good enough to get out there.” Gordon’s initial timeline for recovery from a Grade 2 MCL sprain was 2-4 weeks, so he should be feeling much better than he was even a week ago. However, the Ravens have the No. 1 scoring defense in the NFL and rank third with just 87.6 rush yards allowed per game. Gordon knows they will not be an easy opponent. “It’s going to be tough,” he said. “But we’re going to go out there and knock off some rust and get myself ready for the playoffs.” The Charg

More...
Working...
X