• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Will Muschamp slams ‘gutless’ reporting of Maryland football allegations

South Carolina football coach Will Muschamp defended former assistant D.J. Durkin on Saturday, accusing the media of irresponsibly sharing anonymous accounts of alleged “toxic culture” inside the Maryland football program.Durkin, who served as an assistant on Muschamp’s Florida Gators staff, painted a picture of a culture under Durkin that focused on fear, intimidation, and embarrassing and belittling players. The story relied on anonymous former players and others close to the program, which Muschamp took particular issue with when asked about the story. “I know D.J. Durkin. He worked for me for four years at the University of Florida. He is an outstanding football coach. He’s also an outstanding husband and a father and he treats people with respect,” Muschamp said. “And I will use your word, alleged article. There’s no credibility in anonymous sources. If that former staffer had any guts, why didn’t he put his name on it? I think that’s gutless. And in any business, and in any company, and in any football

More...
Working...
X