• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Ed Orgeron explains why watching Clemson's Travis Etienne makes him 'sick'

One would think Ed Orgeron would be pretty happy with how his LSU tenure has gone considering his team is favored to beat Clemson and win a national title. But Orgeron still has some regrets, and he’ll be facing off against one of them in that game. Orgeron spent time recruiting Louisiana native Travis Etienne in 2016. Etienne ultimately opted to leave the state and sign with Clemson, where he has since become one of the nation’s best running backs and a key part of the offense. And Orgeron is still fuming at missing out on the running back and failing to keep him in the state. “All the time. I wonder how it is,” Orgeron said Tuesday, via Matt Connolly of The State. “I know how it happened. And every time I watch Clemson play or every time I see him having success I’m sick to my stomach. Obviously we like our running backs and we have great running backs here, but we wanted Travis Etienne at the end, but it was too little too late.” Orgeron can take solace in the fact that he has Clyde Edwards-Helaire in his

More...
Working...
X