• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Jerry Jeudy wears Star of David necklace because of his nickname

Jerry Jeudy proudly wore a necklace featuring the Star of David while answering questions from reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine on Tuesday, but the receiver said it was not a symbol of his religion. When Jeudy was asked about his necklace, he said he decided to get it because his nickname is “Jew.” He’s not Jewish, but he felt a necklace with the Star of David would be a nice accessory for him because of the nickname. “My last name’s Jeudy. People sometimes call me ‘Jew’ for short — my boy, Jew — so I just got a Jewish star,” Juedy explained. “I’m not Jewish, though.” Jeudy has apparently been wearing the necklace for a while, as the former Alabama star was also spotted rocking it during warmups before at least one game last season. People who look for any excuse to be outraged will probably find Jeudy’s necklace offensive, but he clearly isn’t wearing it to offend anybody. There’s nothing wrong with wearing a religious piece even if you belong to a different religion or don’t practice religion at all.

More...
Working...
X