Chasing A.J. Green: Former Georgia receiving great says George Pickens closing in

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotOffTheWire
    RSS Feeds
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Chasing A.J. Green: Former Georgia receiving great says George Pickens closing in

ATHENS — Terrence Edwards is on the verge of making a concession regarding George Pickens, recently explaining why there might be a change to his all-time Georgia receivers’ list pecking order. “Pickens is a guy who has unbelievable talent,” Edwards told DawgNation last week. RELATED: The Pickens Plan, why No. 1 will be key to modified UGA offense “I put out a tweet after the bowl game, or maybe it was somewhere else on social media, where I said I’m about to get bumped down to the third best receiver in school history.” Pickens’ first-half performance in the Bulldogs’ 26-14 Sugar Bowl win over Baylor was indeed amazing. Pickens had 11 catches for 165 yards in the first 30 minutes of player before the Bears finally adjusted and Jake Fromm started spreading the ball around. RELATED: Georgia football game ball, George Pickens ties bowl record Still, the final numbers — 12 catches for 175 yards — were enough for Pickens to be named the game’s MVP and Edwards to be on the verge of demoting himself on an all-time

More...
Working...
X