• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

O-linemen either can or they can't.
    They can keep opponents off of their QB... or they can't.
    They can give their QB an extra second... or they can't.
    They can keep the pocket clean... or they can't
    They can help pick up 3 yards on 3rd-and-2... or they can't..
    OC Josh Myers from OSU

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

gonna take a two year look @things as think this next year is pretty much gonna be a transition year w/a new HC, and w/Campen the only holdover from this current coaching staff….

QB Justin Herbert * how anyone would be comfortable w/Stick as your starting NFL QB is beyond me, as dude is ps material, and so…. we need a good NFL backup that can also help Herbie in the QB room

RB Austin Ekeler, Joshua Kelly * for the life of me, don’t know what happened to the Bruin that I saw over the draft process, as dude def looks like he had a talkin’ to after his first game runarounds and fumble, and do think another coaching staff will see a changed man as think he’s a good NFL back, and that said, do think we need a feature back to take the load off of Ekeler

WR Keenan Allen, Joe Reed, KJ Hill * if we go into next season w/these three guys as our starting three, I won’t be losing any sleep, and that said…. we def need to get some more talent in that group, as again, think Hill is much more talented than he has shown this season, and hopefully a new staff will help him

TE Hunter Henry, Virgil Green, Donald Parham * think this trio is gonna stick for awhile, albeit there is nothing wrong w/adding some talent here, as do like Cade Otton outta Washington for if and when he declares

OT Sam Tevi, Trey Pipkins * don’t think we’re done w/these two quite yet, albeit don’t see a long tenure for Bulaga given his durability concerns, so do hope we have some luck in the draft, as have my eye on the both of Daniel Faalele and Spencer Brown, as still thinkin’ Penei goes two overall (sorry fellas)

OG Forrest Lamp * wouldn’t have a problem penciling in Feeney @RG, but do think he’s gonna sign somewhere else, and doubtful that Turner is back either, so def lookin’ in the draft, and in my case that means Trey Smith, and in FA like OG John Miller, currently playing for Carolina (maybe Joe Brady can bring him over when he is hired as our new HC)

OC Ryan Groy, Scott Quessenberry * sorry Ninj, as not ready to jettison your nemesis quite yet, and even tho do have an eye on Josh Myers in the draft, who I think would help a lot in bringing this line together, as much like Easton, it is beyond me as to how someone sees Dan as the anchor to this Oline
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

NT Linval Joseph * think ol’ Joe is gonna surprise the some of you and outlive your welcome for him, and who better than him to groom and help develop someone that we draft, and hopefully sooner than later

3T Justin Jones, Cortez Broughton * know some of you guys would like better players (@most every position), and…. think this guy holds it down for the foreseeable future, and w/the help of Cortez, who for some reason has been mostly MIA for his tenure here

DE Jerry Tillery, Isaac Rochell * as mentioned before, you play the hand you’re dealt and we took this guy round one, and don’t need the either of him nor Justin Jones riding pine w/that much draft capital invested, and…. think these two’ll be alright, again…. for the foreseeable future

LEO Joey Bosa * think it’s time to replace Uchenna, and do like Jaylen Oweh in the draft, and…. nothin’ wrong w/giving Joey another year to let his other arm heal up, and while he wrex havoc from the other side of the line

SAM Emeke Egbule * not a pressing concern and maybe you can pencil in Malik Jefferson for now, but if we come across a good SAM in the next draft, then yeah bring him on board

MIKE Denzel Perryman * know a lotta folks here do their best to chase/kick Denzel down the road, but dude is a straight baller, and brings an energy, focus and fire that few if any others on this team harbor, and…. have been sayin’ for awhile now, we need to bring in an injury hedge for him as that is his kryptonite, and do (really) like Palaei Gaoteote for again if and when he declares

WIL Kenneth Murray, Nick Vigil * guessin’ the some of ewe will be sayin’ “what ?” but don’t see the either of Tranquill (injuries/health prolly is my guess), nor Kyzir stickin’ around for too much longer, and given that Jefferson is pretty much a WIL also, just don’t see the need/attraction to add here

CB Mike Davis, Brandon Facyson * yep, we’re gonna need some reinforcements and then some here, as that’s what happens for if and when Casey continues to fall off and you sign an aging slot corner and bid adieu to your younger Pro Bowl version there, so…. hoping we go Eric Stokes in the draft and maybe another one or coupla few later, and maybe dip into FA as well, albeit don’t see anyone there yet

S Derwin James, Nasir Adderley, Alohi Gilman * don’t know if AL would take the all of Rayshawn, Tyrod and Square w/him to wherever he lands (maybe Detroit ?), but do think this roster component could stand an upgrade and do see some nice adds in the draft by way of Hamsah Nasirildeen and Divine Deablo

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

OC Josh Myers from OSU
          If he's there in the 3rd round... yes.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

If he's there in the 3rd round... yes.
            Propped up by his OGs.
            Best move IMHO is Creed in rd 2,
            & have him flanked by Lamp/Feeney.
            I really like Creed especially as the alpha dog calling the blocking signals.
            ​​​​​​And get Feeney back to OG.
            Wave good bye to Trai.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Propped up by his OGs.
              Best move IMHO is Creed in rd 2,
              & have him flanked by Lamp/Feeney.
              I really like Creed especially as the alpha dog calling the blocking signals.
              ​​​​​​And get Feeney back to OG.
              Wave good bye to Trai.
              Good ideas! I've liked Creed for a while. All of the qualities you look for in a center. Definitely in my 2nd round cluster.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Good ideas! I've liked Creed for a while. All of the qualities you look for in a center. Definitely in my 2nd round cluster.
                I meant to have a question mark in there. Some scouts claim Myers is not much better than Drake Jackson, Trey Hill, or the others. The value could be there for beach in rd 3. I am not sure personally about that judgment call. Linderbaum is the tough call though. Zion I have late rd2.
                You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

CB Mike Davis, Brandon Facyson * yep, we’re gonna need some reinforcements and then some here, as that’s what happens for if and when Casey continues to fall off and you sign an aging slot corner and bid adieu to your younger Pro Bowl version there, so…. hoping we go Eric Stokes in the draft and maybe another one or coupla few later, and maybe dip into FA as well, albeit don’t see anyone there yet
                  Gotta agree with you on Erik Stokes. Liking this kid more and more every week and he's giving me reasons to doubt the pedestal on which Surtain and Farley sit. Even games that UGA got lit up (i.e BAMA & Florida) he played super solid, forcing Mac Jones and Kyle Trask to throw to the other side. Not to mention his pick 6 against Trask. He looks quick and twitched up in man coverage.

Just watch #27 shutdown the outside WR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQ-FuR8WJU
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Gotta agree with you on Erik Stokes. Liking this kid more and more every week and he's giving me reasons to doubt the pedestal on which Surtain and Farley sit. Even games that UGA got lit up (i.e BAMA & Florida) he played super solid, forcing Mac Jones and Kyle Trask to throw to the other side. Not to mention his pick 6 against Trask. He looks quick and twitched up in man coverage.

Just watch #27 shutdown the outside WR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQ-FuR8WJU
                    Farley is @least a round too high by my take, and Surtain looks pretty good but not sure he's so well suited for what we run ?? not to mention am not spending early draft capital on a corner ahead of linemen/front 7.... (still opting for a trade down atm).

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Farley is @least a round too high by my take, and Surtain looks pretty good but not sure he's so well suited for what we run ?? not to mention am not spending early draft capital on a corner ahead of linemen/front 7.... (still opting for a trade down atm).
                      Farley is my top rated CB but I love Stokes. His play back half of 19 and now this season is outstanding. I think he’s moved up boards and will be a top 25 pick.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I meant to have a question mark in there. Some scouts claim Myers is not much better than Drake Jackson, Trey Hill, or the others. The value could be there for beach in rd 3. I am not sure personally about that judgment call. Linderbaum is the tough call though. Zion I have late rd2.
                        I think Myers can stand on his own. Haven't seen Drake play... I've tried, just haven't found the tape yet. Trey Hill, I like. Kind of big... movement skills down field is my question with Hill. Zion I've liked for a while (as a guard last year). 2nd round for him might be too high... IOL is deep this year. Nutty's dream would be Penei in the first, Zion in the 3rd... Jarrett Patterson with 3b or 4th.

Enjoy trenchers...! ND vs BC 2020... Patterson (ND) @ center #55. Zion (BC) @ left tackle #77. Zion probably projects to guard. Bonus material: Eicheberg and Lindstrom.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish did not have a letdown in Boston, defeating the Boston College Eagles, 45-31. Irish quarterback Ian Book threw for 283 yards a...

Pass along some Drake Jackson if you got some, Woody!

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I agree with where you going here.
                          ​​​Identity of the LA Chargers Spanos not wanted in LA
                          Telesco roster failures and HC hire failures
                          Lynn 2 good year 2 bad years
                          Rivers dumped
                          Herbert stud QB
                          had to bring this over here as "Telesco roster failures" could take up alotta thread, and so....

have always championed three things when it came to the draft.... don't trade up, draft linemen early and often, and heavily consider durability.

looking over team Tommy John's work of late, will hasten to add a coupla few more things.... when you draft for need rather than knowing what it is in a player that makes him a Charger and drafting when said player slots to your pick, regardless of need.... that is a winning formula, i.e. when you look @wideouts thru out the drafts, there are most oft @least a value pick or coupla few in each draft, ala Keenan Allen, and.... they don't always fall your way, ala Courtland Sutton, and AJ Brown woulda prolly raised a few eyebrows as well, and.... (we did reach for MW @seven overall).

'nother thing that is def not paying any Chargers' dividends is drafting the Golden Domers, and can prolly throw in team captains and Catholics while we're at it....

'nother thing we don't do is draft for value @premium positions, as is Erik DeCosta's strategy, and of which only magnifies your value if you're drafting a premium position, and vs. reaching at a non premium position, which serves to deflate your poor value even further, for if and when you're overdrafting, which again unfortunately for team Tommy John, is not a completely uncommon occurrence.

basically it comes down to one thing, and it's not even so much philosophy or strategy related, as it is as simple as hitting on your picks.... which is not so simple.

most GMs hit on about half their picks, so if you're allotted seven picks and you hit on four of 'em your hangin' tight w/the big boys, albeit if you look things over, eye think it's rare and ill advised to think you're going to be hitting on five, let alone six picks (let alone when you've already traded one of your seven away and are left w/just six picks overall), and out draft all the other GMs on your way to the SB, coz that's just not how it works, 'specially considering the law of averages, and....

from what I can tell, good drafting GMs usually share this one thing in common.... the ability to/knack for stockpiling picks, as it's alot easier to hit on six picks if you've got ten or more to start with.

on top of that, eye think what really ails team Tommy John in their draft process is that they are young and not necessarily draft savants (who is right ?), nor do we have any on staff, which fosters what I would refer to as losing sand in the pants and fast, as 'specially early on in the process, Telesco and Spanos would trade up coz they were afraid of not getting the guy they wanted or what they perceived as their near desperation need falling short and out of reach, i.e. Te'o or Attaochu, or the last difference maker left in the draft.... Melvin Gordon the Third.

eye do think team Tommy John is getting better, and yet really think they need to put their Catholic faith to better use, and.... trust the process and in the football gods more.... let the draft come to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍