• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Adderly can be the single high in a 4-6. Diablo is a guy to look at if we don't sign Johnson. No Clue if Jenkins is resigned.

BTW, Doesn't Divine Diablo mean "Excellent Devil"? Lol.
    ninja loves him.
    It's not just a name.
    LOL.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

ninja loves him.
      It's not just a name.
      LOL.
      He has the size. Have to see more but rounds 4-6 he would be a cheap Kam Chanceller type. Not quite as good as Kam but he is big.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-22-2021, 07:44 PM.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

You've got to be kidding me Nutty.
        I only "Liked"your post because it was spicy.

You have undervalued Slater, oh draft guru.

Tillery. Long arms. Narrow shoulders. Narrow base. Fits nowhere.
        ​​Who the hell talked TT into drafting him ?
        It was gusD wasn't it ?
        Get outta here.
        Go to Vegas.
        Slipper Lobster all-you-can-eat buffet.
        Chucky's buyin'.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Listen, if Slater has short arms, you know TT won't draft him at OT. Get yourself all lathered up if you need to. I don't pick OG's in the 1st round. I'm building my IOL through FA after I cut all those bloated contracts. BTW, I hated both the Tillery and MW draft picks. If Tillery don't show soon... I'm cutting his ass, too.

I'm done waiting for people to develop (Tevi, Lamp, Feeney, Pipkins... ect.) too.

If you want to wait on old man Hayward and Harris @ $11 million each... I can hold on for 1 more year. But so help me... if they suck like they did last year... I am not putting up with your wait, wait, wait inclinations...

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

My point is,... So if Farley or Surtain is there, you will still pick Collins?

​​​​​​I would not. (I'd also pick Ojulari over him)

If Parsons is there, I'd pick him over the CBs but if he isn't and one of them are, I'm picking the CB as we need a CB that can start on the outside if we lose Hayward. Then that changes things. But again, free agency dictates things more and we just don't know right now.

Also you are assuming we are only going to play a base 3-4. I wouldn't assume that. It may be used but I'm thinking as much or less than a 4 man front for a 4-6 or even a 5-2 at times. Looks like we will use multiple looks of all three perhaps depending on his evaluation of the strength of our personnel.
            You think Farley or Surtain are really THAT good...? Yeah, I'd go with Collins. He could play any LB position in the 3-4. He's better in coverage than Ojulari... and has only been playing the position for 2 years. In 2018 he was a QB... in 2020 he won the Bednarik Award. Laugh if you must... but I was having this same damn conversation with Woody (and the whole CMB) about Bud Dupree 5 years ago...

There are a million ways you can build this defense now that Gus is gone... and Staley is here.
            Remember what took Wade's defense to Staley's defense was disguise and position flexibility.

Imagine drafting ILB Collins (1st), OLB Tryon (3rd), and DE Dayo Odeyingbo (4th)... you wouldn't even need any CB's... You ever wonder why the Steelers can put just about anyone out there at CB...? Give me 4 LB's that can rush from anywhere and are well-rounded (ALA Bud Dupree)... Don't defend, attack! Gus is gone.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You think Farley or Surtain are really THAT good...? Yeah, I'd go with Collins. He could play any LB position in the 3-4. He's better in coverage than Ojulari... and has only been playing the position for 2 years. In 2018 he was a QB... in 2020 he won the Bednarik Award. Laugh if you must... but I was having this same damn conversation with Woody (and the whole CMB) about Bud Dupree 5 years ago...

There are a million ways you can build this defense now that Gus is gone... and Staley is here.
              Remember what took Wade's defense to Staley's defense was disguise and position flexibility.

Imagine drafting ILB Collins (1st), OLB Tryon (3rd), and DE Dayo Odeyingbo (4th)... you wouldn't even need any CB's... You ever wonder why the Steelers can put just about anyone out there at CB...? Give me 4 LB's that can rush from anywhere and are well-rounded (ALA Bud Dupree)... Don't defend, attack! Gus is gone.
              Just anyone at CB?
              I don't think Joe Haden, Steve Nelson, Justin Layne, Sutton and then you throw in Micah Fitzpatrick and Edmunds at the safety spots and bro,... that ain't just anyone lol.

What I wonder is why on earth you would say that whack statement.

The rest, ok. I wouldnt pick Collin's over those CBs. And it's personnel, not player flexibility.

I don't think you understand what he will try to do. Many of us don't and admittedly, I'm not sure myself but if you listen to his presser, in his words its about personnel and what they are best at, not how many positions they can play but I know people can hear the same things and interpret it different.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Adderly can be the single high in a 4-6. Diablo is a guy to look at if we don't sign Johnson. No Clue if Jenkins is resigned.

BTW, Doesn't Divine Diablo mean "Excellent Devil"? Lol
                godlike devil
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  You've got to be kidding me Nutty.
                  I only "Liked"your post because it was spicy.

You have undervalued Slater, oh draft guru.

Tillery. Long arms. Narrow shoulders. Narrow base. Fits nowhere.
                  ​​Who the hell talked TT into drafting him ?
                  It was gusD wasn't it ?
                  Get outta here.
                  Go to Vegas.
                  Slipper Lobster all-you-can-eat buffet.
                  Chucky's buyin'.
                  Definitely wasn’t a first round talent.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Just anyone at CB?
                    I don't think Joe Haden, Steve Nelson, Justin Layne, Sutton and then you throw in Micah Fitzpatrick and Edmunds at the safety spots and bro,... that ain't just anyone lol.

What I wonder is why on earth you would say that whack statement.

The rest, ok. I wouldnt pick Collin's over those CBs. And it's personnel, not player flexibility.

I don't think you understand what he will try to do. Many of us don't and admittedly, I'm not sure myself but if you listen to his presser, in his words its about personnel and what they are best at, not how many positions they can play but I know people can hear the same things and interpret it different.

Of course it was a bit tongue-in-cheek. But consider this (keeping in mind that I've promoted getting a CB in round 3)...

Sutton's a 3rd rounder. Steve Nelson's a 3rd rounder. Layne's a 3rd rounder. And you forgot Hilton (UDFA). You realize that their late season collapse (lost 4 out of 5) coincided with Bud Dupree's injury, right? Woody's right (pains me to say that)... Hayward's demise coincided with Ingram's demise. I'd like to replace Hayward (get younger)... but do I think the only way to replace is through the 1st round of the draft? No. In fact, both Sutton and Hilton are FA's on my target list.

Do me a favor... go count 1st round draft picks on all these remaining playoff team's rosters. Tell me how many 1st round CB's and safeties you find. Then count pass rushers for me. And don't forget to count Devin White (9 sacks). ILB's are pass rushers, too... which was my whole point.

I understand exactly what he's trying to do. He tries to disguise coverages and bring pressure on the QB from different places (positions, if you will). You don't necessarily need a 1st round CB to disguise your coverage. And your pressure can come from various places... positions... with various... personnel...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Of course it was a bit tongue-in-cheek. But consider this (keeping in mind that I've promoted getting a CB in round 3)...

Sutton's a 3rd rounder. Steve Nelson's a 3rd rounder. Layne's a 3rd rounder. And you forgot Hilton (UDFA). You realize that their late season collapse (lost 4 out of 5) coincided with Bud Dupree's injury, right? Woody's right (pains me to say that)... Hayward's demise coincided with Ingram's demise. I'd like to replace Hayward (get younger)... but do I think the only way to replace is through the 1st round of the draft? No. In fact, both Sutton and Hilton are FA's on my target list.

Do me a favor... go count 1st round draft picks on all these remaining playoff team's rosters. Tell me how many 1st round CB's and safeties you find. Then count pass rushers for me. And don't forget to count Devin White (9 sacks). ILB's are pass rushers, too... which was my whole point.

I understand exactly what he's trying to do. He tries to disguise coverages and bring pressure on the QB from different places (positions, if you will). You don't necessarily need a 1st round CB to disguise your coverage. And your pressure can come from various places... positions... with various... personnel...
                      More Ben playing bad. He threw only 10 INTs during the regular season and 6 of those were in the last 6 games and then he threw 4 in the playoff game. Only completed 52% against the Bengals & 56% against Buffalo so he hasnt been playing well and their run game hasnt been good. Didnt score even 20 points in a game during Dec til they played the Colts the last week of Dec.

You dont neccessarily need a first round ILB either, ( did that last draft) and we have those in place. Ramsey is a guy he speaks highly of, we dont have a Ramsey but we do have Murray and they really like Tranquill. Not sure what we do with Perryman. Davis has been our best CB, Facyson is shit so id let him walk. Campbell id let walk. Hayward was hurt but still, whatever they do with him either way, im ok withbut he has 1 more season and then likely gone.

CB is a need however we get one and they wont come cheap and if they keep Hayward, doubt we sign one.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-23-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Just spitballing here... so give me grace. I played around with Spotrac's cap manager and ended up $15.5 million under the cap (with draft picks yet to sign). Here's what I did:

Cuts: Trai Turner, Casey Hayward, Mike Williams (if we could trade for a 3rd rounder, I'd love it)... $37 million in cap savings.
                        Re-signs: HH, Mike Davis, Rayshawn Jenkins, Nick Vigil, Virgil Green, Stephen Anderson, Tevaughn Campbell.
                        FA signs: OC Corey Linsley, OG Austin Blythe, OG Ethan Pocic, CB Cameron Sutton

Draft:
                        1st: ILB/OLB Zaven Collins
                        2nd: OT Dillon Radunz (The Draft Network gave me Eichenberg... but let's be realistic)
                        3rd: CB Rodarius Williams.
                        3rd: OLB Joe Tryon
                        4th: DE Dayo Odeyingbo
                        5th: WR Josh Imatorbhebhe
                        6th: OG Josh Sills
                        6th: RB CJ Verdell
                        7th: OC Michael Menet

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Offense:

QB: Herbert, Stick
                          RB: Kelly, Ekeler, Jackson, Verdell, Nabers
                          WR: KA, Guyton, Johnson, Hill, Reed, Imatorbhebhe
                          TE: HH, Green, Parham, Anderson
                          OT: Radunz, Baluga, Pipkens
                          OG: Blythe, Pocic, Qberry, Sills
                          OC: Linsley, Menet

Defense:

DE: Bosa, Tillery, Fehoko, Odeyingbo
                          NT: Joseph, Jones
                          OLB: Nwosu, Tryon, Vigil, Lemonier
                          Jack: Murray, Kyzir
                          Mike: Collins, Tranquil
                          CB: Davis, Sutton, Harris, R.Williams, Campbell, Vaughn
                          S: James, Jenkins, Adderly, Gilman

Comment

Working...
                          X