• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    beachcomber, how about RB Kalen Ballage today? Bio says he's Ron Meeks son. Between the tackles kind of runner I like.
    seems like he's another stop gap back, who can handle pass pro and prolly be an asset on STs.

he had a coupla few big games in college, and had a good post season @the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Day.

there are questions 'bout his mindset and vision outta the backfield.

he's broken off an impressive run or coupla few in the Pros, but is likely a better athlete than football player ??

he's got speed 'n power, can catch some and even has even completed a pass or coupla few in his career.

in college he was team captain, and returned kicks as well....

sounds like if he has got his head on straight and can produce a bit more consistently, that he might be able to help ??

apparently he is not the bruiser that some peoples wish for or make him out to be ??

sounds like we should throw him the ball some, and.... if AL can make him into something, would def be a feather in his cap.

personally am rather disappointed that Kelly has not taken over the lead back role, as def had that in mind after we selected him....

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

seems like he's another stop gap back, who can handle pass pro and prolly be an asset on STs.

he had a coupla few big games in college, and had a good post season @the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Day.

there are questions 'bout his mindset and vision outta the backfield.

he's broken off an impressive run or coupla few in the Pros, but is likely a better athlete than football player ??

he's got speed 'n power, can catch some and even has even completed a pass or coupla few in his career.

in college he was team captain, and returned kicks as well....

sounds like if he has got his head on straight and can produce a bit more consistently, that he might be able to help ??

apparently he is not the bruiser that some peoples wish for or make him out to be ??

sounds like we should throw him the ball some, and.... if AL can make him into something, would def be a feather in his cap.

personally am rather disappointed that Kelly has not taken over the lead back role, as def had that in mind after we selected him....
      I'm reading this has this back all the physical gifts in the world, but it's between the ears and perhaps maturity has brought things into focus concerning his lapses in concentration. Let's see how hard he works the next 8 weeks.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

coupla few other sidebars here, as am willing to give Telesco heaps of cred/it for the drafting of Herbert, albeit we have quite a few oversights half littering the roster that have his name stamped on them…. my question is how much does he defer to young Spanos and his head coach ?? personally think I prefer more of a maverick/talent evaluator type of GM, rather than a roundtabler who is all inclusive, and wondering for if and when the other shoe is gonna drop/fall at his feet, as the General Manager ??

WR KJ Hill * sure seems like Stitch gave him his chance, and he sure (literally) fumbled his chance today, as seem to recall he was known for never dropping passes over 20 yards ?? he had a coupla drops his first game and doesn’t seem to have ever recovered ?? a seemingly great p/u as a seventh rounder, and…. def had some high expectations for this guy coming into the season.
        Joe Reed had 0 drops on targets of 20+ yards during his collegiate career. He had only 3 drops in his 129 receptions over 4 years.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Mine.....

EDGE - QUINCY ROCHE
          CB - SHAUN WADE/ERIC STOKES
          OLINE - WALKER LITTLE/CREED HUMPHREY
          With the Bolts teetering on sliding into the Top 5 draft lottery, my take is draft DE Greg Rousseau and then trade back up into the 1st Round and select OKLA/C Creed Humphrey.

Find a CB in the 4th Round or free agency. And build team depth. The Chargers have added blue chips to both lines and protected the franchise in the process.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Joe Reed had 0 drops on targets of 20+ yards during his collegiate career. He had only 3 drops in his 129 receptions over 4 years.
            yeah.... had a feeling/suspicion that I was mixing the two of 'em up.
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

With the Bolts teetering on sliding into the Top 5 draft lottery, my take is draft DE Greg Rousseau and then trade back up into the 1st Round and select OKLA/C Creed Humphrey.

Find a CB in the 4th Round or free agency. And build team depth. The Chargers have added blue chips to both lines and protected the franchise in the process.
              the irony is that if we had waited 'til day two instead of trading back up into the first last year, that we coulda gotten a CB 'n DE, or.... we coulda drafted OC Cesar Ruiz instead of Murray @23 ??

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

the irony is that if we had waited 'til day two instead of trading back up into the first last year, that we coulda gotten a CB 'n DE, or.... we coulda drafted OC Cesar Ruiz instead of Murray @23 ??
                Saints GM Mickey Loomis is good. Real good. 15th season as Saints GM, with a Lombardi win his C.V. In another class than TT.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

I’m not sold on GR yet. He only has his RFR year of 13 games. Now those 13 games were exceptionally impressive and he has ideal physical traits. The lack of continued production over multiple years causes me pause. I like to see a more extensive body of work especially if it is a top 5-10 pick.

If we pick in the top 5, I’d make a deal, if necessary, to get Penei Sewell.
                  I would trade our 2021 first and latter third plus 2022 first. I think he is a special talent at the 3rd most important position and we haven’t had a true dominating OT since (?).

Love me some Creed too. We’ll probably pick around 9-14. Little, Humphrey, Farley, W. Davis .....
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I’m not sold on GR yet. He only has his RFR year of 13 games. Now those 13 games were exceptionally impressive and he has ideal physical traits. The lack of continued production over multiple years causes me pause. I like to see a more extensive body of work especially if it is a top 5-10 pick.

I would trade our 2021 first and latter third plus 2022 first. I think he is a special talent at the 3rd most important position and we haven’t had a true dominating OT since (?).

Love me some Creed too. We’ll probably pick around 9-14. Little, Humphrey, Farley, W. Davis .....
                    GR's body of work is limited. No dispute. Like CB Antonio Cromartie at Fla. St., he had a limited body of work too, that was about the time in his tenure AJ was starting to gamble on picks.

I'm dazzled by GR's triangle numbers, and his splash plays as a defender.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Since Marcus McNeill played at a Pro Bowl level at OT w/ two broken thumbs.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2020/4/27/21238253/roundtable-who-will-be-the-next-husky-1st-round-pick-uw-washington-huskies-football

sounds like they think my guys Letligasenoa and Cade Otton are more likely for 2022 rather than next year.... ??
                        2022 Round 7...
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Yep...I was not a fan of throwing away that valuable 3rd rounder to trade up...

Comment

Working...
                          X