• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

QB JHerbert. EStick.
    RB Mohamid Ibrahim Rd4. AEkeler. K Ballage. JKelley. GNabors.
    TE HHenry. VGreen. DParham. Brant Kuithe Rd7.
    WR KAllen. MWilliams. Jaylen Waddle Rd1. JGuyton. JReed.
    OT STevi. BBulaga. TPipkins.
    OG FLamp. TTurner. CToner. Rayshawn Slater Rd2.
    OC DFeeney. SQuessenberry.

DE JBosa. MIngram. UNwosu. IRochell. Patrick Jones II Rd3.
    DT LJoseph. Tyler Shelvin Rd3. JTillery. JJones.
    LB KMurray. DTranquill. KWhite. DPerryman. EEgbule. Ventrell Miller Rd6.
    S NAdderley. DJames. RJenkins. AGilman. Ar'Darius Washington Rd5.
    CB CHayward. CHarris. MDavis. TJ Carter Rd6. BFacyson.
    LS CMazza.
    P TLong.
    PK MBadgley.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 11-16-2020, 05:23 AM.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Nice job, Wood! There are some draft picks on your list that I hadn't looked into, yet.

Did you run across this guy...? What do you think?
      Quinn's instagram @qm67hunnid 6'3, 320 lbs1st Team All American (2019)2nd Team All West Region (2018)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        Nice job, Wood! There are some draft picks on your list that I hadn't looked into, yet.

Did you run across this guy...? What do you think?
        Quinn's instagram @qm67hunnid 6'3, 320 lbs1st Team All American (2019)2nd Team All West Region (2018)

LOL.
        He does seem to dominate against that level of competition.
        I see defensive depth and Oline as our issues.
        Who will we retain ?
        Waddle would help Herb & Oline.
        ​​​​Plus he is a dynamic KR.
        It has to be Sewell, Parsons or Chase, BPA if we get in early, doesn't it ?
        It is too soon.
        I am noodling.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
          He does seem to dominate against that level of competition.
          I see defensive depth and Oline as our issues.
          Who will we retain ?
          Waddle would help Herb & Oline.
          ​​​​Plus he is a dynamic KR.
          It has to be Sewell, Parsons or Chase, BPA if we get in early, doesn't it ?
          It is too soon.
          I am noodling.
          Yes, depth (and talent) are a problem on this roster.

And we have some players that are being over-paid.
          if we want depth, we'll have to cut some descending players with bloated contracts.
          In your opinion, is Trai Turner worth the $11.5 million next year?
          Linval Joseph's contract jumps up to $11.5 million next year...

I say cut some of the waste... then find sneaky-good ascending players in free agency.
          And there is one of TT's weaknesses. Dude should be allowed to scout and sign CB's... and that's it.

I'm not a huge proponent of FA signs... but there isn't much in the toolbox.
          The whole left side of the OL will become FA's... and I'm not convinced that any of them deserve raises...

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

And, while I'm not usually a proponent of drafting WR's in the 1st round (especially early 1st round) I get why you might want Waddle in the 1st round. His underneath routes and speed would help Herbie and an OL that can't pass block long enough for longer routes to develop. I'm not sure Mike Williams 5th year should be picked up... $15 million for a guy that catches 2-3 balls a game doesn't seem like smart money. Of course, if we had an OL that could pass block long enough for him to get open/deep I might reconsider...

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

TE for sure has to be a priority this off season.
              Pass rushers should always be a priority.
              O-line can always use some more talent and depth.
              Can never have enough DBs.
              Special teams unit needs improvement. If Badgely has the yips instead of just an off year, then he needs to be replaced.
              And you can't pass up talent. So if WR is BPA. Add him.

​​​​​
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                TE for sure has to be a priority this off season.
                Pass rushers should always be a priority.
                O-line can always use some more talent and depth.
                Can never have enough DBs.
                Special teams unit needs improvement. If Badgely has the yips instead of just an off year, then he needs to be replaced.
                And you can't pass up talent. So if WR is BPA. Add him.

​​​​​
                hard to believe, but you might even have enough draft picks left to do a modicum of what you've volunteered, as think you might have 6 out of your 9 picks left ??
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

hard to believe, but you might even have enough draft picks left to do a modicum of what you've volunteered, as think you might have 6 out of your 9 picks left ??
                  I'm good. And there is free agency too. I'll trade back and forth. What I'm not doing is waiting and hoping that my player is there. If I'm going down, I'm going down swinging not dodging.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

So..."we wanna draft Oline for Herb." BTW there will be several Olinemen to choose from in round 2.

Or..."we wanna draft this impact superman defender Parsons." BTW there will be several EDGE players to augment Nwosu, MI (?), Tillery opposite Joey, even in round 4. And we did just draft Murray to be our MIKE. Is LB going the way of the FB anyhow ?

Why wouldn't we..."wanna draft a supremely talented weapon for Herb...J'marr Chase?" BTW there will be WRs up and down this draft, but none of them will be as good, or as impactful for Herb, as Chase would be. I do not give a shit who is here already.

Then there are trade down scenarios, with a fistful of QBs and anxious teams in play.

Coaches in '21 ?

The final answer has yet to be revealed.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      So..."we wanna draft Oline for Herb." BTW there will be several Olinemen to choose from in round 2.

Or..."we wanna draft this impact superman defender Parsons." BTW there will be several EDGE players to augment Nwosu, MI (?), Tillery opposite Joey, even in round 4. And we did just draft Murray to be our MIKE. Is LB going the way of the FB anyhow ?

Why wouldn't we..."wanna draft a supremely talented weapon for Herb...J'marr Chase?" BTW there will be WRs up and down this draft, but none of them will be as good, or as impactful for Herb, as Chase would be. I do not give a shit who is here already.

Then there are trade down scenarios, with a fistful of QBs and anxious teams in play.

Coaches in '21 ?

The final answer has yet to be revealed.
                      well, you know there are a coupla few day two linemen that eye like, and.... think both Parsons and Chase are unlikely as we've got a first rounder in each of their steads, in Murray and MW.

and not opposed to moving Bosa over to LEO and to let Tillery see what he can do against the run @end, as he seems to be catching his stride in getting the pressures he accumulated @ND.

a trade down would def be outta character and put Telesco @risk if he whiffs (again), as him and his buddy John are much the better w/the higher selection, as are most GMs.

Telesco has a history of drafting to fill (big) needs.... is that RG ?? is that Wyatt Davis round one, Trey Smith round two, or Deonte Brown round three ?? or do you go Creed Humphrey and move Dan over to RG ?? is Alex Leatherwood in play ?? or does he sc/reach for the Golden Domer w/Eichenberg ?? you like Slater and personally think Faalele is another Oline worthy of consideration ??

if he drafts IOL, can he avenge/absolve himself of his miscue w/Fluker, or does he leave another Star Lotulelei like player on the board ?? is there another Polamalu that he is @risk of passing on ??

for myself, the two guys you don't leave on the board are Trey Smith and Eric Stokes, and would be hopeful of getting the both of 'em w/a trade down w/Jax to later in the first, to first grab the Olineman, and then the Dback.
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

well, you know there are a coupla few day two linemen that eye like, and.... think both Parsons and Chase are unlikely as we've got a first rounder in each of their steads, in Murray and MW.

and not opposed to moving Bosa over to LEO and to let Tillery see what he can do against the run @end, as he seems to be catching his stride in getting the pressures he accumulated @ND.

a trade down would def be outta character and put Telesco @risk if he whiffs (again), as him and his buddy John are much the better w/the higher selection, as are most GMs.

Telesco has a history of drafting to fill (big) needs.... is that RG ?? is that Wyatt Davis round one, Trey Smith round two, or Deonte Brown round three ?? or do you go Creed Humphrey and move Dan over to RG ?? is Alex Leatherwood in play ?? or does he sc/reach for the Golden Domer w/Eichenberg ?? you like Slater and personally think Faalele is another Oline worthy of consideration ??

if he drafts IOL, can he avenge/absolve himself of his miscue w/Fluker, or does he leave another Star Lotulelei like player on the board ?? is there another Polamalu that he is @risk of passing on ??

for myself, the two guys you don't leave on the board are Trey Smith and Eric Stokes, and would be hopeful of getting the both of 'em w/a trade down w/Jax to later in the first, to first grab the Olineman, and then the Dback.
                        Parsons >> Murray
                        Chase >>> MW

The one and only trade down that interests me is one where we get extra premium picks,
                        and are still ensured of getting Sewell.

Do we only draft clean prospects ?
                        Who is fundamentally sound ?
                        Who has grit ?
                        "Check the tape...what tape?"
                        A draft like no other.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Fatties @ OL ?
                          That's not Campen.
                          Campen is midrounders lacking in sand in the pants, but capable of taking to coaching ie minimal bad habits.

Comment

Working...
                          X