• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

2021 Roster Build

game plan is always under revision and just wantin’ to get it on paper,

QB * amazing fell swoop by Mr. Telesco. If that doesn’t buy him the golden ticket for @least a coupla few more years under contract, guess I’m underestimating the alchemy that is team Tommy John. As far as Tyrod goes, don’t see the merit/logic in bringing him back, and think I’d be on the lookout for a vet mentor for Herbert, albeit not sure eye see that guy (Matt Schaub ?) atm ?? am also in the camp that is not convinced that Easton Stick is ready to orchestrate an NFL passing game, albeit don’t see them moving on from him quite yet.

RB * given that D’Andre Swift was off the board when we mighta had a shot @him round two, don’t know that we coulda done any better than Joshua Kelly, and speaking for myself am glad we moved on from MG3, as was never on board w/that pick to start with. Ekeler is a godsend, and not ready to give up on JJ’s health concerns, albeit am ready to add another component to the stable back there, and my choice atm is Kylin Hill, w/our PR comp pick @the end of round three, if things go as we hope regarding compensation for losing Rivers. Am interested in seeing more of Darius Bradwell as well.

FB * loved me some Bobby Holly, but apparently that’s not the direction we’re going in atm, and know lotsa peoples like Gabe Nabers, and maybe he becomes/stays on as part of the 53 ??

WR * job one here is not to put too much on Keenan’s shoulders and to make sure we get our monies worth outta that rather mondo investment. case in point is that would be willing to spend some FA monies here in getting a Keenan sidekick, as don’t like the injury concern odds in paying MW for a fifth year, and would prefer to go after the guy that we coulda, woulda, shoulda drafted in his stead, Chris Godwin. Do like KJ Hill quite a bit, and am willing to let things play out w/Joe Reed. Am also fine w/Guyton for now as well, but do not want to go into camp next year hoping for one of our upstart talents to emerge. We have too much invested in Keenan to put it all on him, and we have a rookie QB that needs another guy that can get open and catch the ball. Also wondering about Jeff Cotton on the ps ??

TE * everybody loves HH, albeit not sure it’s a given that he’s gonna see the field as oft as most of us would like. Love me some Virgil Green and don’t see a reason not to extend the Parham experiment for another season, albeit also wondering if I wouldn’t want to hedge my Stephen Anderson roster spot w/a draft pick ?? Jake Ferguson and Cade Otton have caught my eye among the draft prospects @TE.
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

OT * we’re set here aren’t we do like Sam as a Charger, just not sure how I feel about him as our starting LT ?? ditto for Pipkins, and Bulaga is already fulfilling my concerns about his health over the course of his three year contract, and given that I recently read that his contract is only guaranteed for this year, he could well be the odd man out if we go to the draft well @OT next season. There’s a coupla few guys that am keeping an eye out for, albeit Daniel Faalele seems slotted a wee bit too high as have seen him as high as the first round, albeit until eye am convinced otherwise, would feel better about getting him if he was available day three instead of day one. Another day three guy that am watching is Syrus Tuitele. And think you gotta have Liam Eichenberg on your radar, as he hails from you know where, and from what I can tell his stock is rising, albeit again would hope to be able to get him day three as well, even tho he has also been slotted much higher by mock draftniks. So bottom line, am hoping to wait ‘til day three to go fishin’ for an OT3 next draft go ‘round.

OG * Trai Turner wants to get paid, and many if not most here oft refer to him as a Pro Bowl talent, when in truth he was coming off a Michael Schofield comparable season, so not sure how I’d feel ‘bout resigning him, ‘specially given our track record of late with such things. And have many a times mentioned that eye think Dan Feeney deserves a shot @RG, but there seems to be no such thing happening, and def not ready to ride into town w/the either of Storm Norton nor Tyree St. Louis as my go to RG going into next season, and think this is the ideal spot to upgrade the line in the interest of our new franchise QB, and as there is no shortage of major talent @the guard spot in this next year’s draft. Trey Smith just seems like a rock solid individual and talent and Deonte Brown close to a can’t miss prospect as well, and both could conceivably be available day two, or…. our GM could do the inconceivable and actually trade down and out of the first round instead of up, and double down on day two and perhaps swoop in on the one or even two of ‘em in rounds two/three, if we’re very lucky/fortunate.

OC * if Dan is our center of the future moving forward, I will be straight up befuddled/buffaloed and then some, as just don’t see him as a Charger, let alone our OC, and soon as this season is no longer in question am on the phone to SF and seeing if I can get a draft pick in return, and as have no problem in letting the either of Groy/Qberry finish out the season hiking the ball to Herbert. In the draft do like a later rounder/UDFA named Ryan McCollum, as not lookin’ to win it all next year, and rather more interested in cleaning house a bit, and to start bringing in the depth we need.
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

NT * loved the Linval Joseph signing, albeit woulda preferred the younger Danny Shelton, and do think it’s a priority to get a solid backup to rotate with and develop behind Linval. The guy eye like earlier than later in the draft is Tyler Shelvin, and later on would take a look @Tuli Letligasenoa.

DT * can’t imagine we’re gonna do much here w/the both of Jones and Tillery, although we could lose Cortez Broughton if we’re not careful/don’t put him to much if any use this season. Jay Tufele has my eye in the draft here.

DE * ditto for doubt we do much here w/the both of Bosa and Rochell, and wonder if Fehoko fits here @all, and there has been the mention of Tillery getting some time in @end, and even Gus has half inferred that Bosa could play LEO if need be. In the draft have my eyes on LaBryan Ray, albeit his draft stock is a little high for my liking atm, as would prefer him day three rather than round one.

LEO * have been in the let Mel go camp for awhile now, but unless Ninj or someone can sway me, just don’t see his replacement in this draft, as do like him as a Charger, albeit not sure his Supagent is gonna take even a reasonable offer from our FO, and of which is fine by me, as would not want to offer him anymore than a fair market value contract. Don’t see Nwosu as the answer, and don’t see anyone else on this roster either to help lessen his load/responsibilities, unless you move Bosa over and let Tillery play some DE ?? which would also possibly help ensure that we are able to hold onto Broughton @3T.

SAM * Egbule is more than fine by me, and know that plenty of peoples are happy w/Kyzir here. Kuony Deng is a very intriguing day three LB prospect in the draft.

ILB * gonna be a Denzel proponent ‘til the day I die, and still prefer him in the middle and w/Murray outside. If Jon Bostic is available in FA, still think he’d be a good get here, as want nothing to do w/Drue here nor most anyone else on this roster @MIKE. In the draft Dylan Moses is hellah tempting and not sure Palaei Gaoteote IV isn’t someone we shouldn’t be keeping our eye on as well.

WIL * we’ve got a full boat w/Drue and Vigil here, not to mention Murray and maybe even Malik. In the draft Merlin Robertson has got my attention, but still a wee bit wary w/him, albeit not quite sure why ??

SS * the Derwin James saga continues and how it ends is most anybody’s guess ?? hopefully he pulls a Keenan and his injury bugaboo is a thing of the past. Regardless am very high on Hamsah Nasirildeen in the draft, and given that am a growing fan of bpa, would not hesitate to take this guy if he is there round 2, as see him as the consummate Charger, not to mention hellah talented deep safety that can come up and make plays. Will also mention that if Eric Reid is still available, would def be looking his way in FA.

FS * well we got our wish to see more of the Nas, and he has been without fanfare, save for maybe playing a little lost back there ?? and we’ve got Rayshawn who may be better backing up at SS ??

CB * there are some mumblings/rumblings ‘bout replacing/moving on from Casey Hayward, and not sure that’s such a bright idea as there is something to be said for vet savvy, and his ability to play zone. Mike D. just had a pick six, so gotta believe he stays in the conversation for the foreseeable future, and personally am a Facyson supporter, and a huge supporter of DK, as think he’s a lot like Mel and Denzel, in that they actually hit people instead of just wrap up and drag people down. All that said, do think we have room to add someone, albeit not sure Eric Stokes won’t be off the board or lose out to more pressing needs/higher priority picks in the draft for us.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

HC * dude went 22-9 and have little doubt he is NFL HC material. My hesitation is whether he plays Charger football or not ?? was never a Marty guy, albeit was hard not to be a fan of Boss Ross, not to mention he got us to a SB, albeit whether Lynn is in that mold is debatable. He seems to be a solid, personality/character wise, but do have my hesitations. He started 0-4 after implementing his system, and seemed to step off things and adapt to the Rivers/Whisenhunt repertoire before going on his near legendary tear after that. and this year when he had a freer hand post Phil, he got off on an ugly foot in Cincy w/Tyrod and whatever else was supposed to be trademark Anthony Lynn football. On top of that, he got Derwin back last season, along w/a healthy Joey B. and had a hellah first game, but then got badly tripped up by Minny after that and we finished out 1-4 ?? so not so sure that the either of Derwin nor AL is the answer ?? so yeah, the guy is a good coach no doubt, albeit do have my doubts whether his football is Charger football, coz I’m darn well certain that JH10 plays Charger football, and not sure there isn’t a better guy to max out what we’ve got in Herbert and the other offensive skill guys that Tommy T. has assembled ?? and guessin’ the most of you know which guy eye have in mind to fill that role.

So overall, have two FAs on my radar, the QB mentor in Matt Schaub and the Keenan catalyst in Chris Godwin. Am also very keen on trading down and out of the first round to recoup our lost draft capital from the Kenneth Murray trade, and hopefully trade our first next year for a second and third round pick, which would help fortify both our lines and perhaps add an impact player or two for the secondary as well.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

image_3853.jpg

QB
          * JH10, Matt Schaub, Easton Stick

RB * Austin Ekeler, Joshua Kelly, Justin Jackson, Kylin Hill, Darius Bradwell
          FB * Gabe Nabers
          WR * Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, KJ Hill, Jaylen Guyton, Joe Reed, Joe Cotton
          TE * Hunter Henry, Virgil Green, Jake Ferguson/Cade Otton, Donald Parham
          OT * Trey Pipkins, Sam Tevi, Daniel Faalele/Syrus Tuitele/Liam Eichenberg, Tyree St. Louis/Ryan Roberts
          OG * Forrest Lamp, Trey Smith/Deonte Brown
          OC * Ryan Groy, Scott Quessenberry, Ryan McCollum

NT * Linval Joseph, Danny Shelton, Tyler Shelvin/Tuli Letligasenoa
          DT * Justin Jones, Jerry Tillery, Cortez Broughton, Jay Tufele
          DE * Joey Bosa, Isaac Rochell, Breiden Fehoko, LaBryan Ray
          LEO * SupaMel, Uchenna Nwosu,
          SAM * Kyzir White, Emeke Egbule, Kuony Deng
          ILB * Denzel Perryman, Jon Bostic, Dylan Moses/Palaei Gaoteote IV
          WIL * Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill, Nick Vigil, Malik Jefferson, Merlin Robertson
          SS * Derwin James, Eric Reid, Rayshawn Jenkins, Alohi Gilman
          FS * Hamsah Nasirildeen, Nasir Adderley
          CB * Casey Hayward, Mike Davis, Desmond King, Brandon Facyson, Eric Stokes

HC * David Shaw

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

There he is.
            Danny Shelton.
            And Hamsah's back.
            ​​​​​Of course.

:lol:

Love me some beach.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

I’ll take an early shot here beach........

——————

This would include the 2021 draft of.......
              1) WALKER LITTLE (OT) STAN - 6’7” / 320#
              2) PATRICK JONES II (SDE/LEO) PITT - 6’5” / 260#
              3A) JAYCEE HORN (CB) SC - 6’1” / 205#
              3B) CHARLIE KOLAR (TE) ISU - 6’6” / 260#
              4) CHARLES SNOWDEN (LEO/OTTO) UVA - 6’7” / 245#
              5) COY CRONK (OG/OT) IOWA/IU - 6’5” / 320#
              6) ZYON MCCOLLUM (CB) SHSU - 6’4” / 195#
              7) LORENZO NEAL JR (DT/NT) PUR - 6’3” / 325#
              UDFA - Spencer Brown (RB) UAB - SR - 6’ / 220#, Tony Poljan (TE) UVA/CMU - RSR - 6’7” / 265#
              Garret Wallow (LB) TCU - SR - 6’2” / 230#, Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR) UIL/USC - RSR - 6’2” / 215#
              Aaron Banks (OG) ND - SR - 6’5” / 325#, Zach Davidson (TE/P) UCM - RSR - 6’7” / 245#
              Qwynnterrio Cole (DS/DLB) ASU - SR - 6’3” / 200#, Elerson Smith (LEO/SDE) NIU - RSR - 6’7” / 250#

* Projected 53-Man Roster

QB * JH10, Easton Stick
              RB * Austin Ekeler, Joshua Kelly, Justin Jackson, Spencer Brown - (R)
              FB/HB * Gabe Nabers
              WR * Keenan Allen, MikeDub, Jaylen Guyton, Joe Reed, Tyron Johnson, JK Hill
              TE * Hunter Henry (NC), Charlie Kolar - (R), Donald Parham
              OT * Bryan Bulaga, Walker Little - (R), Trey Pipkins
              OG * Forrest Lamp (NC), Joe Thuney, Coy Cronk - (R) - (OG/OT), Tyree St. Louis (OG/OT)
              OC * Dan Feeney (NC), Scott Quessenberry

Projected Starters Offense
              QB - Justin Herbert
              SKILL - Austin Ekeler, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Jalen Guyton, Hunter Henry
              OLINE - Walker Little, Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Joe Thuney, Bryan Bulaga

NT * Linval Joseph, Lorenzo Neal Jr - (R)
              DT * Justin Jones, Jerry Tillery, Cortez Broughton
              DE * Joey Bosa, Patrick Jones II - (R), Isaac Rochell (NC)
              LEO * Uchenna Nwosu, Charles Snowden - (R)
              SAM * Kyzir White, Emeke Egbule
              MIKE * K9, Malik Jefferson
              WIL * Drue Tranquill, Bilal Powell
              SS * Derwin James, Alohi Gilman
              FS * Nasir Adderley, Rayshawn Jenkins (NC)
              CB * Mike Davis (NC), Jaycee Horn - (R), CHJR, Brandon Facyson, Zyon McCollum - (R)

Projected Starters Defense
              DLINE - Joey Bosa, Justin Jones, Linval Joseph, Uchenna Nwosu
              LINEBACKERS - Kenneth Murray, Drue Tranquill
              DBACKS - Mike Davis, Jaycee Horn, Chris Harris Jr., Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins

PK * Mike Badgeley
              PUNT * Ty Long
              LS * Cole Mazza

I don’t expect a ton of FA spending with the reduction in projected cap space. A concentration in retaining our own with 1 exception.
              Joe Thuney (OG) - 5yr/$70M/$45G

* Key Cuts
              Casey Hayward
              Trai Turner

* Key UFA Lost/Not resigned
              SupaMel
              DKing
              Sam Tevi
              Mike Pouncey
              Tyrod Taylor
              Denzel Perryman
              VGreen
              Nick Vigil
              DSquare

(R) = rookie
              (NC) = new contract
              Last edited by like54ninjas; 10-22-2020, 10:38 PM.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                East Coast Chargers Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                • Send PM

Love me some Chris Godwin wanted him coming out of Pin State

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Hey guys, first post here.
                  Should we consider spending a late draft pick on a kicker? That kid Jose Borregales from Miami looks like an absolute stud.
                  I really like the idea of picking up a blue chip OT in free agency if we can swing it...Baktiari or Stanley would be ideal.
                  Then drafting a guy like Trey Smith or Creed Humphrey in the first.
                  I really believe that with a solid investment in the O-line, Herbert will make us a legit contender year after year.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                    Should we consider spending a late draft pick on a kicker? That kid Jose Borregales from Miami looks like an absolute stud.
                    I really like the idea of picking up a blue chip OT in free agency if we can swing it...Baktiari or Stanley would be ideal.
                    I really believe that with a solid investment in the O-line, Herbert will make us a legit contender year after year.
                    welcome to the Blues Dudeski.... thanx for being a part of things,

personally not ready to give up on Badgley.... he was money from 40-49 yards in college, and not so much from 50+ and the same has held true in the Pros.... hopefully he can improve on things there.

and do think Bakhtiari is a likely FA target, albeit wouldn't offer him more than $11m/year for 3 years, and w/only the first year guaranteed, and....

love me some Trey Smith, and hoping we can trade down w/Jax to the bottom of the first for Smith and an additional early second rounder, which hopefully turns into Hamsah Nasirildeen.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      I’ll take an early shot here beach........

——————

This would include the 2021 draft of.......
                      1) WALKER LITTLE (OT) STAN - 6’7” / 320#
                      2) ERIC STOKES (CB) UGA - 6’1” / 195#
                      3A) JORDAN SMITH (LEO/SDE) UAB - 6’7” / 255#
                      3B) ZION JOHNSON (OG/OT) BC - 6’3” / 315#
                      4) TAMORRION TERRY (WR) FSU - 6’4” / 210#
                      5) ZYON MCCOLLUM (CB) SHSU - 6’4” / 195#
                      6) ZACH DAVIDSON (TE) UCM - 6’7” / 245#
                      7) LORENZO NEAL JR (DT/NT) PUR - 6’3” / 325#
                      very wary of both your first and last selections there.... very encouraged by Stokes and worried that he's gonna rise too high, as not taking him ahead of Nasirildeen, or a coupla linemen.... Shelvin/Deonte.

Jordan Smith sounds like just what the doctor ordered, albeit gotta do some double check research on him and the rest of your guys.... thanx for sharing, and for posting your scouting reports.... good stuff,

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        Welcome to TPB!.!.!

Good stuff.
                        Kicker not so worried. Most kickers have flubs and the NO game was Badgeley’s.

Creed is a top 15 guy for me so will be happy to see him in powderblues.
                        Trey Smith has a medical issue that may plague him through his career but talent wise is a top 50-75 prospect.

I’d love to pick up R. Stanley but doubt the Ravens let him hit FA.

Penei Sewell is my dream draft pick for this season.
                        Last edited by like54ninjas; 10-15-2020, 12:39 PM.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂