• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

far as the roster stuff.... you're ok w/Stick as your plan B @QB ?? and not worried @all that you might be leaving yourself a little thin @RB ??

and no Virgil Green ?? am assuming your rook there can block ?? how does AL feel 'bout being down his vet TE ??

and no more Tevi.... even as your swing tackle ??

will also add and just for the record, that know you abhor Groy, but personally prefer/think we're better off w/him @the OC and Feeney @RG.

oh, and you're ok w/MW @15m ?? !! :O
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

on D.... does your rook overtake Uchenna sooner than later ??

and no more Vigil ?? and no Harris or King ??

and already mentioned Bakhtiari as a/the most likely FA candidate, and.... any second tier FAs that you've given any thought to ??
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

very wary of both your first and last selections there.... very encouraged by Stokes and worried that he's gonna rise too high, as not taking him ahead of Nasirildeen, or a coupla linemen.... Shelvin/Deonte.

Jordan Smith sounds like just what the doctor ordered, albeit gotta do some double check research on him and the rest of your guys.... thanx for sharing, and for posting your scouting reports.... good stuff,
        How can you be wary of a 7th rounder? His 1 injury during college career?

Besides the ND game, what issues do you have with WL? He only allowed 3 total pressures in the 10 games that followed.
        Former 5-Star recruit, Freshman All-American, 1st team PAC-12 as Sophomore, dominates LOS, explosive run blocker, very athletic with mirror agility/CODskills, footwork technique is near flawless. Only issues in my scouting is his powerstep with punch location consistency and angles when he is out in open space (ie.... screens).
        Last edited by like54ninjas; 10-15-2020, 12:08 PM.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

far as the roster stuff.... you're ok w/Stick as your plan B @QB ?? and not worried @all that you might be leaving yourself a little thin @RB ??

and no Virgil Green ?? am assuming your rook there can block ?? how does AL feel 'bout being down his vet TE ??

and no more Tevi.... even as your swing tackle ??

will also add and just for the record, that know you abhor Groy, but personally prefer/think we're better off w/him @the OC and Feeney @RG.

oh, and you're ok w/MW @15m ?? !! :O
          Yes, Easton is our 10 year QB2. I think this is what TT had in mind all along looking back with hindsight.
          RB depth, I’ll look for in UDFAs. We only carry 3 maybe 4 with EKELER getting majority of snaps with a good duo behind him.

AL will have his vet TE in HH.
          Davidson is more of a receiving threat but is a very willing competitive blocker. Small school so lack of talented competition on the opposition may take time to adjust too. Kid was a former QB and has a great feel for the game of football/high IQ.

Salary Cap is going to be reduced next year. We are going to be letting some vets go and offering reduced new contracts to guys like Perryman, Rayshawn, Lamp, Feeney.
          V. Green’s contract is up.
          Tevi contact is up. He is the Olinemen that has played the best out of our 3 2017 draftees. He may see a decent FA contract offer since he plays OT.
          SupaMel contract up not seeing him resigned with the cap as is.
          I cut Casey Hayward to save $8 million for cap space as well.

Groy is fucking terrible and should be cut (nuts to neck) for his on field play.

MikeDub is on his 5th year. He will be here next season after that will depend on the next 27+ games. I did draft a replacement in T. Terry to develop in 2021 for insurance.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

on D.... does your rook overtake Uchenna sooner than later ??

and no more Vigil ?? and no Harris or King ??

and already mentioned Bakhtiari as a/the most likely FA candidate, and.... any second tier FAs that you've given any thought to ??
            J. Smith may take a year to acclimate to the NFL coming from a small conference school but he is a monster talent with unreal physical abilities. Great guy for rotation at both LEO and SDE.

V. Green contract is up. Doubt we give another $3-$5 million for a non receiving threat TE.

CHJR is on the squad.

DKing will not be resigned.

No, I haven’t given any thought to in-depth Free Agency yet.
            Have to see who will actually be available.
            With the cap situation there maybe a ton of mid level vets looking for jobs on limited contracts.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Besides Penei Sewell, who do you guys think is the most NFL ready (plug and play) OT in the draft?
              Lotsa people seem to think it's Cosmi, but after watching a few Texas games, I have a few concerns about athleticism at the next level.
              As a project player I'd love to draft Faalele and have him sit behind Bulaga for a year. Dude's a mountain. Can't teach size.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                Besides Penei Sewell, who do you guys think is the most NFL ready (plug and play) OT in the draft?
                Lotsa people seem to think it's Cosmi, but after watching a few Texas games, I have a few concerns about athleticism at the next level.
                As a project player I'd love to draft Faalele and have him sit behind Bulaga for a year. Dude's a mountain. Can't teach size.
                In order....
                Penei Sewell
                Walker Little
                Jalen Mayfield
                Alex Leatherwood
                Daniel Faalele
                Dillion Rudunz
                Sam Cosmi
                Alaric Jackson

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

In order....
                  Penei Sewell
                  Walker Little
                  Jalen Mayfield
                  Alex Leatherwood
                  Daniel Faalele
                  Dillion Rudunz
                  Sam Cosmi
                  Alaric Jackson
                  looking at the Draft Network they've got Walker Little, Jalen Mayfield and Deonte Brown all clustered in the third round.... who do you have outta those three ??

and all this Penei Sewell talk reminds me of the poster(s) who would have nothing short of Joe Burrows as the next Chargers QB.... are we gonna run the table and close out w/all losses ??

for myself, am hoping to trade down w/Jax and get two picks instead of any trade up, nab Nasirildeen and a linemen, of which @present would have the choice of Trey Smith, Faalele and/or Tyler Shelvin.... Eric Stokes is in the mix as well by some accounts.

do you prefer Little and/or Mayfield over Creed, and are you ok w/Leatherwood if ala Fluker, all your prized prospects are off the board by the time you are up to the podium ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                    think eye like Faalele outta the bunch as well, however isn't his weight a huge caution flag, and apparently he's a bit of a developmental prospect as well.... if I'm Telesco do I want another developmental prospect on my already "developing" Oline ??

and early second round seems a bit high, albeit the main thing eye like 'bout him are his intangibles, as he strikes me as someone that would make a good Charger ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

J. Smith may take a year to acclimate to the NFL coming from a small conference school but he is a monster talent with unreal physical abilities. Great guy for rotation at both LEO and SDE.

V. Green contract is up. Doubt we give another $3-$5 million for a non receiving threat TE.

CHJR is on the squad.

DKing will not be resigned.

No, I haven’t given any thought to in-depth Free Agency yet.
                      Have to see who will actually be available.
                      With the cap situation there maybe a ton of mid level vets looking for jobs on limited contracts.
                      Vigil, not Virgil....

EDGE JORDAN SMITH, UAB

Smith spent a year with the Florida Gators in 2016 and was a redshirt freshman, but an off-the-field issue caused him to sit out 2017. He then played 2018 at a community college before transferring to UAB after that season. As a result, no one expected him to be the fourth most valuable edge defender in 2019, ranking among the elite of college football:

Most wins above average (WAA) by an edge defender in 2019
                      Player Wins above average
                      1. Chase Young, Ohio State 0.57
                      2. Quincy Roche, Miami FL (Temple transfer) 0.55
                      3. Curtis Weaver, Boise State 0.54
                      4. Jordan Smith, UAB 0.48
                      5. Zack Baun, Wisconsin 0.47

The 6-foot-7 Smith was stout against the run and one of college football’s best edge defenders. He was just one of two edge defenders to produce elite 90.0 grades in run defense and in the pass-rush. He proved he could more than handle Power-5 competition, too. UAB had one game against a Power-5 school, a Week 10 bout versus Tennessee. That day, Smith recorded nine pressures on 24 pass-rush reps. No wonder why he was once offered by Alabama, Ohio State and LSU back in 2015-16. He might just be the most underrated player at his position.
                      how high do you think he's gonna rise up draft boards ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Yes, Easton is our 10 year QB2. I think this is what TT had in mind all along looking back with hindsight.
                        RB depth, I’ll look for in UDFAs. We only carry 3 maybe 4 with EKELER getting majority of snaps with a good duo behind him.

AL will have his vet TE in HH.
                        Davidson is more of a receiving threat but is a very willing competitive blocker. Small school so lack of talented competition on the opposition may take time to adjust too. Kid was a former QB and has a great feel for the game of football/high IQ.

Salary Cap is going to be reduced next year. We are going to be letting some vets go and offering reduced new contracts to guys like Perryman, Rayshawn, Lamp, Feeney.
                        V. Green’s contract is up.
                        Tevi contact is up. He is the Olinemen that has played the best out of our 3 2017 draftees. He may see a decent FA contract offer since he plays OT.
                        SupaMel contract up not seeing him resigned with the cap as is.
                        I cut Casey Hayward to save $8 million for cap space as well.

Groy is fucking terrible and should be cut (nuts to neck) for his on field play.

MikeDub is on his 5th year. He will be here next season after that will depend on the next 27+ games. I did draft a replacement in T. Terry to develop in 2021 for insurance.
                        think this is the kind of thinking that gets us in trouble.... what have you seen from Stick that makes you think he can helm this offense for four quarters, let alone a stretch of four or more games.... seem to recall him stringing together a series or coupla few, but unvariably would hit the wobbles and have a woebegone series or coupla few as a follow up ?? and not to mention his running acumen way outflanks his passing of the same.... anointing him for ten years runs in the face of your usual empirically based rants.

and between Ekeler and JJ that's almost a guaranteed extended injury consideration, not to mention that Kelly is yet to break out, and your man Nabers is only good on paper/film to date ?? we are asking for trouble leaving ourselves thin like that in the offensive backfield.

ditto for TE, as Henry is obviously an injury concern, and your guy is a developmental rookie, along w/Parham who has reeled in all of one NFL pass, and that's who you're going to battle w/for 16+ games.... again, don't like the exposure there for team Tommy John, not to mention our HC.

and not so up to speed on the salary cap situation, but obviously a major consideration there.

if Tevi doesn't get snatched up, would you consider retaining him ??

and yeah, not sure Mel's agents are gonna let him sign for anything less than top loot, given he can avoid the MG3 conundrum.

and lotsa faith in our secondary minus Hayward and plus an aging vet who is already sitting out games this season.... agreed we are gonna have to say good bye to Casey at some point in time, but personally would prefer to get a year under an Eric Stokes belt before doing the such, and would also lean toward going w/the younger Desmond King.

also paying $15m to MW really messes w/the cap, as think it's been shown that receivers are less impactful toward winning a Super Bowl, as compared to their salaries, and we're already paying Keenan, and given there could well be a more affordable, if not better option out there in FA ?? and again given that MW is inefficient catch/target wise, oft injured and/or hobbled, and just doesn't get open so much, hence why a lot of his catches are circus/highlight catches, as he just doesn't get the separation.... yeah he got a 1k yards, but 49 catches for $15m ?? $300k/catch ??

ps. not sure Tamorrion Terry's mindset/mental tenacity is on par w/his physical gifts ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

How can you be wary of a 7th rounder? His 1 injury during college career?

Besides the ND game, what issues do you have with WL? He only allowed 3 total pressures in the 10 games that followed.
                          Former 5-Star recruit, Freshman All-American, 1st team PAC-12 as Sophomore, dominates LOS, explosive run blocker, very athletic with mirror agility/CODskills, footwork technique is near flawless. Only issues in my scouting is his powerstep with punch location consistency and angles when he is out in open space (ie.... screens).
                          well, have already posted my notes on Little awhile ago, which are borderline alarming, 'specially for a guy you're willing to select top ten.... double checking via the Draft Network, they use the word "sufficient" five times in the first paragraph, and then follow that up with "suffice" and "survive" in the next paragraph.... suffice it to say, dude is way too hit or miss by my take, not to mention that on the intangible side he seems young and bit too boy howdy by my take, 'specially in comparison to someone like Trey Smith, who seems to have a commanding locker room presence and personality already, and in a (very) good way.... ditto for Nasirildeen and some of the other guys that are on my board.... no thank you to Walker, who may well offer Little when all is said and done.

and seventh rounders are not to be minimized.... was there ever a more regrettable pick than Tevin Reese ?? and Telesco has beasted round 7 of late, w/Rochell, JJ and now KJ, just off the top of my head, not to mention one of my once upon a time faves.... Brandon Siler.

just don't get a good sense from the mindset/intangibles of Neal, and he's not really what I'm interested in, as much prefer the NTs here rather than adding another tweener on the IDL.

Comment

Working...
                          X