• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Heres who I want us to draft assuming we have a top ten pick.

1-LT Sewell
    2-WR-Jamar Chase
    3-CB-Patrick Surtain
    4-LB-Micah Parsons

If none of these players are available when we pick then trade down and get yourself extra picks. Obviously we need Offensive line help but just not sure I want someone other then Sewell in the first round. As far as wanting Jamar Chase imo he's going to be very good wr in the NFL and if Mike Williams decides not to come back we need a WR who can compliment Allen. Don't think I need to explain why I want Surtain or Parsons.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I guess they could use the #3 pick on a right tackle.... or move their former #11 pick over to the RT. I wonder if they're happy with the 4.5 combined sacks they've gotten from their DE's...? Anything is possible. Nothing is in stone.

If Bengals choose Sewell... I have no problem choosing Rouseau...

BTW... Bengals have DAL, NYG, and HOU still left on the schedule.
      Me either. We will... hopefully get a LT, it just won't be Sewell. And we need a pass rush badly. Ingram is a goner. Hec I'd draft two,... Or draft one, sign one. I don't know who FA edge rushers are right now though. But we need a rotation. Nwosu has been OK but still can use two more after Mel leaves.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Me either. We will... hopefully get a LT, it just won't be Sewell. And we need a pass rush badly. Ingram is a goner. Hec I'd draft two,... Or draft one, sign one. I don't know who FA edge rushers are right now though. But we need a rotation. Nwosu has been OK but still can use two more after Mel leaves.
        Chargers' mantra, right there...

Problem is... once you're beyond the 1st round, the quality @LT drops. Any LT left, is less quality than almost any other position also available in the 2nd round (LB, DE, CB, OC, WR).

Cinci may indeed draft Sewell. But I wouldn't consider it a done deal. Their pass blocking issues are not @LT (Jonah Williams is not the problem). Their problem is @IOL. Even Bobby Hart (RT) is rated significantly higher than any of their IOL. It was Michael Jordan's (no, not THAT Michael Jordan) man that pushed him backwards into Joe Burrows' knee. If I were the Bungles' GM, I'd replace FA DE Carl Lawson with Gregory Rousseau. And I'd use that saved FA money on re-signing William Jackson III. They can fix their IOL problem through FA. It makes no sense to draft Sewell and sit $7 million Bobby Hart on the bench.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Chargers' mantra, right there...

Problem is... once you're beyond the 1st round, the quality @LT drops. Any LT left, is less quality than almost any other position also available in the 2nd round (LB, DE, CB, OC, WR).

Cinci may indeed draft Sewell. But I wouldn't consider it a done deal. Their pass blocking issues are not @LT (Jonah Williams is not the problem). Their problem is @IOL. Even Bobby Hart (RT) is rated significantly higher than any of their IOL. It was Michael Jordan's (no, not THAT Michael Jordan) man that pushed him backwards into Joe Burrows' knee. If I were the Bungles' GM, I'd replace FA DE Carl Lawson with Gregory Rousseau. And I'd use that saved FA money on re-signing William Jackson III. They can fix their IOL problem through FA. It makes no sense to draft Sewell and sit $7 million Bobby Hart on the bench.
          Sad thing is, i dont trust this staff to get a LT early. If Sewell IS on the board when we draft......im not confident enough to think they will pick him. They should........but there is always that doubt with this regime.

Its just how long has it been that we have wanted a LT every damn year? Its been years and the one we get in the first round is Fluker. A RT who was perhaps a reach. Im just not optomistic with this team. I think the Bengals will pick Sewell but if they dont , we'll se what happens.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Sad thing is, i dont trust this staff to get a LT early. If Sewell IS on the board when we draft......im not confident enough to think they will pick him. They should........but there is always that doubt with this regime.

Its just how long has it been that we have wanted a LT every damn year? Its been years and the one we get in the first round is Fluker. A RT who was perhaps a reach. Im just not optomistic with this team. I think the Bengals will pick Sewell but if they dont , we'll se what happens.
            Not only was Fluker a reach... he was a guard. You're right, they probably wouldn't pick Sewell... even if he was there. The ghost of DJ Fluker lives on! TT will pick a CB made of glass or a WR we never throw to...

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Re-sign: Hunter Henry, Michael Davis, Virgil Green, Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Ryan Groy, Rayshawn Jenkins, Kalen Ballage, Brandon Facyson, Ty Long, Michael Badgley. Hunter Henry and Michael Davis are the only re-signs that should cost very much.

Let walk: Ingram, Pouncey, Perryman, Taylor, Tevi... and the rest.

Cut: Trai Turner (frees up #11.5 million).

Sign: Corey Linsley, center.

Draft:
              1. LT Sewell
              2. EDGE Patrick Jones
              3. RB CJ Verdell
              3b. CB Thomas Graham Jr.
              4. LB Jabril Cox
              5. G Zion Johnson
              6. TE Zach Davidson
              6b. WR Emeka Emezie
              7. DT Khyiris Tonga
              personally would hold onto the both of Sam and Denzel, and instead let go of Dan and Rayshawn, and.... what about Rochell, Vigil and Tevaughn Campbe!! ??

looked into the Linsley option awhile back, and would rather save my monies w/Groy 'n Qberry.... for now.... (OG John Miller pls)

re: the draft, don't think we're getting Sewell, albeit do like Zion Johnson some, albeit again.... would you prefer Jackson Carman or Deonte Brown there ??

and if your day two picks are Pat Jones 'n one of the abovementioned OGs, who do you like top ten for us ?? CB or WR or.... ??

personally think Chase is the only WR that (really) works for us, and have my reservations 'bout both the top CBs, and....

would rather trade down w/Jax to later in the first instead of taking any of the above or one of Rousseau or Paye.

@CB, think Stokes is a good hedge against Hayward (if we even retain him), and think Wade well spells King if we go that route instead, both guys which should be there late first/early second.

wary of your Oregon guys along w/Cox, as thinkin' the better value/safer picks are on the lines ?? what/who else you got ??
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

personally would hold onto the both of Sam and Denzel, and instead let go of Dan and Rayshawn, and.... what about Rochell, Vigil and Tevaughn Campbe!! ??

looked into the Linsley option awhile back, and would rather save my monies w/Groy 'n Qberry.... for now.... (OG John Miller pls)

re: the draft, don't think we're getting Sewell, albeit do like Zion Johnson some, albeit again.... would you prefer Jackson Carman or Deonte Brown there ??

and if your day two picks are Pat Jones 'n one of the abovementioned OGs, who do you like top ten for us ?? CB or WR or.... ??

personally think Chase is the only WR that (really) works for us, and have my reservations 'bout both the top CBs, and....

would rather trade down w/Jax to later in the first instead of taking any of the above or one of Rousseau or Paye.

@CB, think Stokes is a good hedge against Hayward (if we even retain him), and think Wade well spells King if we go that route instead, both guys which should be there late first/early second.

wary of your Oregon guys along w/Cox, as thinkin' the better value/safer picks are on the lines ?? what/who else you got ??
                Rayshawn has been a better FS than Adderley. I think we keep him. Ya know, provided Derwin is healthy for a change

​​​​​​

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Rayshawn has been a better FS than Adderley. I think we keep him. Ya know, provided Derwin is healthy for a change

​​​​​​
                  yeah, knock on wood w/James, and.... not so sure 'bout the Rayshawn compliment, as think the Nas is late more oft than one would like, but that his lag time is due to mental processing and not physical limitations, which should only improve the more gametime he gets under his belt, and whereas not so sure that we are gonna see improvement outta Jenkins ??
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

yeah, knock on wood w/James, and.... not so sure 'bout the Rayshawn compliment, as think the Nas is late more oft than one would like, but that his lag time is due to mental processing and not physical limitations, which should only improve the more gametime he gets under his belt, and whereas not so sure that we are gonna see improvement outta Jenkins ??
                    You're right, Nas is late a lot so sure, that can get better. Rayshawn still at FS is a better player than at SS.

They have been playing him up on the line quite a bit and that's not his game. That's more Derwins thing which fits him and Jenkins isn't Derwin so I can't judge him on thing.

If Lynn isn't canned I expect him to want to keep Rayshawn. To him, he is elite as Cat keeps reminding us.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

You're right, Nas is late a lot so sure, that can get better. Rayshawn still at FS is a better player than at SS.

They have been playing him up on the line quite a bit and that's not his game. That's more Derwins thing which fits him and Jenkins isn't Derwin so I can't judge him on thing.

If Lynn isn't canned I expect him to want to keep Rayshawn. To him, he is elite as Cat keeps reminding us.

maybe I'm missing something, coz thought Jenkins was more a SS/LB hybrid and less a FS type ??

do recall him having some pretty good pass defense metrics @FS ??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

maybe I'm missing something, coz thought Jenkins was more a SS/LB hybrid and less a FS type ??

do recall him having some pretty good pass defense metrics @FS ??
                        Last season w/ Derwin out, Teamer was playing SS with Jenkins at FS. Believe this is the first time Jenkins has played SS....unless he played some as a rookie but he didn't play much at all on defense as a rookie. Jenkins didn't break into the lineup for a couple years.

He was here the year before Derwin I think.

In fact I think Addea played SS and was awful with Tre Boston at FS.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

No on Sam Tevi. I want a real LT. Protect the franchise.
                          I love Perryman, but he's gonna be expensive. I think Murray was drafted to replace him.
                          Feeney should be depth. Knows the system. Shouldn't cost much.
                          I like Rayshawn's versatility. Again, shouldn't cost too much to re-sign and knows the system.
                          Rochelle and Vigil are un-impressive... time to upgrade at both of those positions.
                          Tevaughn Cambell showed well on Sunday. It's the one thing TT knows how to do... find sneaky good CB's.
                          Linsley is my choice based on GB's cap problems next year. Familiarity with Campen, too. I value center over guard.
                          Groy can stay... he's on my roster. Until Covid-listing, he was the one-and-only OL making any improvement.

We could easily end up with Sewell. I've discussed it, at length, with Bolt Jolt on the other thread. I won't re-hash it here.
                          I'm not sold on Carman. He's got bad weight and feet are not LT elite. I think he's a RT or guard.
                          Deonte Brown... Alabama's OL seems to always be a "sum of their parts". I like Zion's mobility better and I can get him later. IMO, the guard position is much deeper than the OT and OC position this year. You can get good guards into the 6th round this year.
                          If no Sewell, I'd go Gregory Rousseau (that's who #3 Cinci should pick). If we're #5 (and Rousseau/Sewell gone) I'd pick Micah Parsons (if indeed he's a pass rushing end). After that, I'd normally take a CB over a WR. But I think CB is pretty deep this year (all the way to the 5th round). I'd probably go with Waddle. I never was a big MW fan... Waddle would replace MW in 2022. I don't think it makes sense (cap-wise) to sign MW to a second contract. I think the $15.7 million he'll make next year is highway robbery.
                          Jabril Cox is LB with good coverage skills. I don't know if Gus will/should be here next season... if he is, Gus requires his LB's to be good in coverage. IMO, Gus should turn Murray Jr. loose. Let him attack/blitz/spy/run... and let the guys behind him (WILL/SAM?CB's) cover. Jabril Cox is one of my cover guys (along with Kyzir White and Tranquil). Cox is my Vigil-upgrade.

Alot of my picks and re-signs are done with the cap in mind.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍