Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am speaking strictly in terms of availability and value.

I have seen the impressive pre injury tape
    and it is quite impressive.

Round 2 we cannot have an Oline fail for any reason, including post injury unknown results.
    ​​​​
    Round 3, if Little is available would be exceptional value.

That is all--I don't mean to piss on anybody's corn flakes, we should be particularly keen about flawed predraft group think.

If we go OL round 2, go 100% clean.

Maybe the medicals will make it a go.

Walker’s ACL will have had 18-20 months of recovery by draft day.
    Medicals, interviews, and proday will be big for Little.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

RE: Elijah Molden

One of my favorite defenses to watch in 2020 was the Washington Huskies. And arguably, the best player on that squad was Molden.

A few others included:

Sophomore Zion Tupuola-Fetui (aka ZTF), a 6’3, 275lb OLB, who notched 7 sacks and 3 FF in just 4 games (yes, you read that right).

Senior CB Keith Taylor, who excelled in both zone and man coverage, and was primarily used to shut down the opposing teams’ vertical threat.

Sophomore CB Trent McDuffie, who is the next premiere Husky do-it-all corner. He’s fast and sticky and, with more experience, could emerge as a shut-down guy.

Anyways...

Since the Staley hire I’ve also been watching a ton of Rams defensive tape. Beyond marveling at Donald, Ramsey, and Floyd, it’s been fascinating to watch how Staley uses Troy Hill to defend the slot. Troy excels in both press and inside zone. He’s a tad undersized, but he’s an aggressive tackler and can play in the box like a LB. In fact, he lines up like a LB in a variety of packages.

This is almost exactly the way UW used Molden. Though he’s a bit undersized, Molden excelled around the box and played both press and inside zone. Sometimes he lined up like a LB, other times—like against Stanford—a strong safety. He’s a highly versatile chess piece and reminds me of a nickel incarnation of Eric Weddle. Smart, instinctive, aggressive, always around the ball, playmaker, great tackler, excellent in run support, leadership qualities, play-design nerd.

Now, I know we’ve got Chris Harris Jr., and Staley’s got a prior relationship with him from coaching at Denver, but the similarities between Elijah Molden and Troy Hill are too great to ignore. And IMO Molden has more upside. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see Staley lobby TT to draft Molden, despite already having Chris Harris Jr. on the squad.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

100% agree on Molden. UW lined him up all over the place... gave him different responsibilities many times. I used to get Elijah in the late 3rd and early 4th. Now I can't even get him in the mid-3rd. People are catching on. I suspect NFL GM's already knew. Molden probably won't be there for us in the 3rd.

No Joe Tryon on your UW watch list...?

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          100% agree on Molden. UW lined him up all over the place... gave him different responsibilities many times. I used to get Elijah in the late 3rd and early 4th. Now I can't even get him in the mid-3rd. People are catching on. I suspect NFL GM's already knew. Molden probably won't be there for us in the 3rd.

Tryon is a big time upside prospect with elite physical traits and ascending skillset. Top 50 prospect.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Ah, good point. Tryon's a beast too. But he (and Levi Onwuzurike) opted out of the 2020 season. I've watched a bunch of their snaps on youtube and they look very impressive.

But I prefer to watch uninterrupted game footage, and I have all the 2020 UW games saved.

So all the above analysis comes from the 2020 season.

Scary to think of how good UW's defense would have been with all those studs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Tryon is a big time upside prospect with elite physical traits and ascending skillset. Top 50 prospect.
              I like Tryon as well. Maybe havent see enough tape but i just dont see the big draw for Rousseau and im just gonna say what i have seen,.... i like Tryon more than Paye and at times im going back and forth between him and Patrick Jones but Jones is intriquing and id be good with either. I like Basham but not sure how he fits with us now, as im not sure what Staley does with the defense.

Ojulari and Ossai are of simular size but Ojulari has that motor i love and he is strong. Needs to add a little weight ideally and i like his versitility more and is just a better player with a lot more upside. Think id go Jones and Tryon over Ossai too. He just has no rush moves and gets pushed around if he dont get off quick and a lot of times he doesn't.

Some pretty good choices for an edge rusher we just need to get one in the first or second round.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-23-2021, 03:56 PM.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Tryon as well. Maybe havent see enough tape but i just dont see the big draw for Rousseau and im just gonna say what i have seen,.... i like Tryon more than Paye and at times im going back and forth between him and Patrick Jones but Jones is intriquing but id be good with either. I like Basham but not sure how he fits with us now, as im not sure what Staley does with the defense.

Ojulari and Ossai are of simular size but Ojulari has that motor i love and he is strong. Needs to add a little weight ideally and i like his versitility more and is just a better player with a lot more upside. Think id go Jones and Tryon over Ossai too. He just has no rush moves and gets pushed around if he dont get off quick and a lot of times he doesn't.

Some pretty god choices for an edge rusher we just need to get one in the first or second round.
                What are your thoughts on drafting an EDGE if we pick up Floyd in FA? Feel like it's a real possibility. Him and Nwosu would be sick.

Seems like a lot of folks in this forum aren't as high on Nwosu as I am, but I think Staley would optimize his potential.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like Tryon as well. Maybe havent see enough tape but i just dont see the big draw for Rousseau and im just gonna say what i have seen,.... i like Tryon more than Paye and at times im going back and forth between him and Patrick Jones but Jones is intriquing but id be good with either. I like Basham but not sure how he fits with us now, as im not sure what Staley does with the defense.

Some pretty god choices for an edge rusher we just need to get one in the first or second round.
                  I liked Rousseau and Jones early on, too. Now that Staley is HC, I'm not looking at those guys as much (I think they're 4-3 DEs). Ojulari and Ossai are definitely on the radar now that I'm looking for 3-4 OLB. Tryon is always on the board at round 3 in most mocks. Maybe I shouldn't assume that he'll be there in round 3. Time to look at Hamilcar and Rumph again...

To get depth behind Bosa, I've been looking at Dayo Odeyingbo lately...
                  Dayo may not have 10 sacks on the stat sheet, but my gosh does he get after the quarterback. He makes huge plays and is primed for a big leap this year.Follo...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Dayo may not have 10 sacks on the stat sheet, but my gosh does he get after the quarterback. He makes huge plays and is primed for a big leap this year.Follo...
                    Dayo’s a stud. He’ll be a riser too. 2-3rd rounder IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I liked Rousseau and Jones early on, too. Now that Staley is HC, I'm not looking at those guys as much (I think they're 4-3 DEs). Ojulari and Ossai are definitely on the radar now that I'm looking for 3-4 OLB. Tryon is always on the board at round 3 in most mocks. Maybe I shouldn't assume that he'll be there in round 3. Time to look at Hamilcar and Rumph again...

Well yes but again, we arent going to be a base 3-4 like some think we are. Staley said that but not quite in those words. We will play some 4-3, probably a lot, maybe some 3-4, some 4-6 so i dont see the issue. I do see what you are saying but i think 4 man fronts will be seen more than 3-4. Thats the personel we are more set up for though with a couple of tweaks it can go either way. Just think 4-6 can be more likely against KC, Buffalo and the like.

Im not interested in Hamilcar but Rumph i am in rounds 5-6. He will need to add 10-15 lbs as well. 235 is just too light as a DE.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

What are your thoughts on drafting an EDGE if we pick up Floyd in FA? Feel like it's a real possibility. Him and Nwosu would be sick.

Seems like a lot of folks in this forum aren't as high on Nwosu as I am, but I think Staley would optimize his potential.
                        Im not big on Floyd as he hasnt done much til this year and dont care for those in contact years to suddenly turn it on. Staley was at Chicago for two years with Floyd in 2017-2018.
                        So though he had a good season, im just sketical while dishing out Ingram type money to him, but even if we do sign him, id still draft an Edge rusher. In my Sim mocks i have often drafted us two if i do a trade down and have extras so even with Floyd id draft one.

Not high on Egbule and Nwosu has been average , perhaps a bit above average.. Pass rusher in my view is one possition like CB where you can never have too many good ones and a fresh rotation never hurts. Two years ago i wanted us to sign Za'Darius Smith before Ingrams decline this year.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Eagle.png

Coach Staley is going to run 3, 4 & 5 man fronts on defense, Chargers would be a perfect fit for Floyd at OLB, and I'm still drafting Parsons at #13 and putting him at OLB.

Comment

Working...
                          X