• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Stoked to hear that is happening. I had it in my head that the SB wasnt happening. I must have mixed it up with the pro bowl. And you know how much i love Najee. I was all on board his train last year before he decided to go back.

Im not sure at 13 though. But if Henry and Josh Jacobs had a child he would be it. He is already primed. Runs with aggression. His stiff arm the best in the country. Outside of maybe the young frosh from Texas. He is insane in the passing game. And blocks really well on 3rd. He is as complete and ready to go as it gets. I have him in the 20-30 range. Just because i feel like some of the higher drafted RBs are not really doing much and the position is starting to feel a little devalued again.

The other thing i do is put players from other teams on Bama. In my mind. And i tell myself they would do just as well. WRs and RBs especially. I feel like 90% of charger fans dont think we need to draft a RB. Im not one of them.
    I think we do, just not @ #13. Love to have Najee but there are others i like as well. Id use a second on his if he is there. Would love to trade down some and get another second.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think we do, just not @ #13. Love to have Najee but there are others i like as well. Id use a second on his if he is there. Would love to trade down some and get another second.
      If we traded down and ended up having 2 2nds i wouldn't be upset with Harris in the 20s. I see a bunch of 2nd round talent on OL. Nobody is dominating. Lots of Forrest Lamp types.

What we really need is the ability to develop these guys.

Harris is a more powerful Gurley. Even if you got just 5-6 years out him he would worth it. Especially with this passing game we have. Chiefs tried to do it with CEH.

Michael Carter is a CEH Clone.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

The only problem I have with using an early pick on Harris, is we have Ekelor. We have the shirt, the tie, the cufflinks, the shoes...we just need a suit to put around it...we got the shine, we just need something to go with it. We spend a big pick on Harris, you get the whole ensemble...make no mistake, he is a 3 down back...I would rather spend a later round pick, or use the guys we have for the suit to put around the shine, than render Ekelor, as much as we are paying him, as a situational guy...can only flex him out so much. Maybe the first year they share, but he would be rendered obsolete pretty quick. I think we can address far greater needs early. Maybe if we trade back, but that's a big maybe. We need a CB...we need oline...we need edge help to take all the focus off Bosa. I can understand a skill player if it's the only option for best value, like Pitts or Chase or even Waddle...there is room for them in the WR corps. Not sure if there is as much room for Harris, with Ekelor back there, and considering our other needs...just an argument...
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Stoked to hear that is happening. I had it in my head that the SB wasnt happening. I must have mixed it up with the pro bowl. And you know how much i love Najee. I was all on board his train last year before he decided to go back.

Im not sure at 13 though. But if Henry and Josh Jacobs had a child he would be it. He is already primed. Runs with aggression. His stiff arm the best in the country. Outside of maybe the young frosh from Texas. He is insane in the passing game. And blocks really well on 3rd. He is as complete and ready to go as it gets. I have him in the 20-30 range. Just because i feel like some of the higher drafted RBs are not really doing much and the position is starting to feel a little devalued again.

The other thing i do is put players from other teams on Bama. In my mind. And i tell myself they would do just as well. WRs and RBs especially. I feel like 90% of charger fans dont think we need to draft a RB. Im not one of them.
          Najee Harris’ talent would be wasted running behind our o-line.

Forget the shiny toys. They only work when there’s beef in front of them.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Najee Harris’ talent would be wasted running behind our o-line.

Forget the shiny toys. They only work when there’s beef in front of them.
            Thank god we didnt apply that logic to Herbert. lol I didnt say we didnt need help in the OL. I just dont see guys who are going to come in and start dominating. Most need a lot of work. And thats fine. I just have later round 1 and 2nd round grades on most.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

If we draft Najee at #13, there will also be opportunities to upgrade the OL in other rounds + UFA's.

My prediction is that Najee is gone by pick #20.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                If we draft Najee at #13, there will also be opportunities to upgrade the OL in other rounds + UFA's.

My prediction is that Najee is gone by pick #20.
                Sure...there will be opportunities to address the oline...but what about CB, Edge...if a premiere defender isn't there at 13, your pushing that back to the 2nd or 3rd, both positions...but if you take Harris, now you gotta hit oline in those rounds also...if you actually want to improve the line...

Look what Herbert did his first year, when he wasn't even supposed to be ready...just get him some protection, open up some running lanes for the decent stable of RBs we already have, and maybe get our defense off the field once in awhile on 3rd down.... and the wins will pile up. Just my 2 cents...
                The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

We WILL get a look at Outland Trophy winner Alex Leatherwood in Mobil. He is now back in play @ #13.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

We WILL get a look at Outland Trophy winner Alex Leatherwood in Mobil. He is now back in play @ #13.
                    Lol....we just are not on the same page tonight Woody...but what the hell...I thought Herbert was under coached in his college career, with regards to ascending as a pro...maybe with Leatherwood, the tools are all there, waiting to be put together....olive branch extended...:biggrin:
                    The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lol....we just are not on the same page tonight Woody...but what the hell...I thought Herbert was under coached in his college career, with regards to ascending as a pro...maybe with Leatherwood, the tools are all there, waiting to be put together....olive branch extended...:biggrin:
                      All I am saying is that we should find out about Alex in Mobil.
                      It may be a big no thank you.

:cheers:

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Fair play...I jumped back on Herbert after Mobile...he showed up...though who knew even after that, he would be what he was this year?

Leatherwood is a big, nasty young man...always looking for work, even if he makes mistakes...let's see how he responds to new coaching...I'm in.
                        The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Those Bama boys are always surrounded by the best of the best. So yeah id like to see him away from his comfort zone. Wyatt Davis would typically have a grade in that area but he had an up and down year. I think it was Herbstreet that really got after him at one point during the season.

Like i said earlier i think there are solid starters in this draft. But nobody is putting off that dominant vibe. 13 is really high. Just a strange year with covid and everything. I see a Travis Kelce type or Todd Gurley type i dont hesitate. Not at 13. Trade back into the first and get better value on an OT if need be. We have 2 3rds.

Move back with the Bears. Get their pick 20. They want a QB. Draft Harris at 20. Flip a 2nd and 3rd to get back in the 1st for Leatherwood. Tag Henry. Cut MW and save 15M.

R1 Pick 20 - Najee Harris RB
                          R2 Pick 15 - Trade for OT Leatherwood in back of R1
                          R2 Pick 20 - Landon Dickerson OC
                          R3 Pick 13 - Trade for OT Leatherwood in back of R1
                          R3 Pick 32 - Dynami Brown WR
                          R4 Pick 13
                          R5 Pick 15
                          R6 Pick 14
                          R6 Pick 20
                          R7 Pick 13

Offense set for a while.

Comment