• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Or just stay with the (2) 2nds. I actually love how many OL are in this draft with 2nd round grades.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 6.21.26 PM.png

The old Draft Scout crew isnt exactly giving these OL high grades either. Some project as OGs also. Between 20 and 50 i like a lot of the OL in this draft. Just scratching my head over them at 13. I get it we need OL. But ive always been a BPA guy. And i just would never pass on a sure bet like Harris or Pitts for a "Who Knows" OL at 13.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 6.23.46 PM.png

I need to chill out on this stuff to be honest. Sort of pointless giving guys draft grades pre combine and AS games.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      The only problem I have with using an early pick on Harris, is we have Ekelor. We have the shirt, the tie, the cufflinks, the shoes...we just need a suit to put around it...we got the shine, we just need something to go with it. We spend a big pick on Harris, you get the whole ensemble...make no mistake, he is a 3 down back...I would rather spend a later round pick, or use the guys we have for the suit to put around the shine, than render Ekelor, as much as we are paying him, as a situational guy...can only flex him out so much. Maybe the first year they share, but he would be rendered obsolete pretty quick. I think we can address far greater needs early. Maybe if we trade back, but that's a big maybe. We need a CB...we need oline...we need edge help to take all the focus off Bosa. I can understand a skill player if it's the only option for best value, like Pitts or Chase or even Waddle...there is room for them in the WR corps. Not sure if there is as much room for Harris, with Ekelor back there, and considering our other needs...just an argument...
      But Ekeler isn't a everydown RB and he got injured twice this season.

No matter how much he makes, he isn't someone you want to be the bell cow and sharing the load will only help him stay healthy for, dare I say,....... the Playoffs!

I've no problem with Harris but I also really like Javonte Williams who is a 220 LB RB who we can get maybe with our earlier 3rd round.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

By todays prices he isnt making much more than Sproles did. Sproles had years where he made 6, 7, 4, 3.5, 3 and was never a full time back.

You cant run play-action with a RB who defenses dont fear in the run game. He is amazing in the passing game. Like Sproles was. But nobody is stacking the box to stop Ekeler. lol So teams can easily defend the play action. Which they struggle with due to the fact that Herbert is so FUCKING DEADLY.

Get him a new left side of the OL and a mauler RB. Dominate TOP and keep the D fresh. Put up 35 a game.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Those Bama boys are always surrounded by the best of the best. So yeah id like to see him away from his comfort zone. Wyatt Davis would typically have a grade in that area but he had an up and down year. I think it was Herbstreet that really got after him at one point during the season.

Like i said earlier i think there are solid starters in this draft. But nobody is putting off that dominant vibe. 13 is really high. Just a strange year with covid and everything. I see a Travis Kelce type or Todd Gurley type i dont hesitate. Not at 13. Trade back into the first and get better value on an OT if need be. We have 2 3rds.

Move back with the Bears. Get their pick 20. They want a QB. Draft Harris at 20. Flip a 2nd and 3rd to get back in the 1st for Leatherwood. Tag Henry. Cut MW and save 15M.

R1 Pick 20 - Najee Harris RB
          R2 Pick 15 - Trade for OT Leatherwood in back of R1
          R2 Pick 20 - Landon Dickerson OC
          R3 Pick 13 - Trade for OT Leatherwood in back of R1
          R3 Pick 32 - Dynami Brown WR
          R4 Pick 13
          R5 Pick 15
          R6 Pick 14
          R6 Pick 20
          R7 Pick 13

Offense set for a while.
          Dickerson had another knee injury. Take him off your board.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Thank god we didnt apply that logic to Herbert. lol I didnt say we didnt need help in the OL. I just dont see guys who are going to come in and start dominating. Most need a lot of work. And thats fine. I just have later round 1 and 2nd round grades on most.
            I feel ya, but the logic of picking Herbert last year isn’t the same. When you have the #6 pick + you need a QB + the last premium QB is still available...you take him. No doubt Najee is an outstanding talent. But he was also running behind the best o-line in NCAAF. Not to mention what an accurate QB and the best wideouts do to a defense. Najee might acclimate to the NFL as slowly as Derick Henry did. His first 2 seasons were mediocre. Besides, having Herbert is even more reason to draft the best o-linemen available. Slater, AVT, and Darrisaw are first round talents. Pick one and protect your franchise QB while opening holes in the run game. Draft a hard running beast like Rhamondre Stevenson in the later rounds.

Yes, this draft’s o-line class is deep, but Herbert deserves the best of the best.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Who is OT #2 in this draft and what is his talent level ?

We shall see.

I can sleep at night with Najee @ #13 and 2, 3a, 3b and maybe even 3c to address Oline.

It shakes out nicely, this here Big Board.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

I could sleep like a baby with a draft like this.
                *edit: pick 234 was Rhamondre Stevenson
                Attached Files

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  I feel ya, but the logic of picking Herbert last year isn’t the same. When you have the #6 pick + you need a QB + the last premium QB is still available...you take him. No doubt Najee is an outstanding talent. But he was also running behind the best o-line in NCAAF. Not to mention what an accurate QB and the best wideouts do to a defense. Najee might acclimate to the NFL as slowly as Derick Henry did. His first 2 seasons were mediocre. Besides, having Herbert is even more reason to draft the best o-linemen available. Slater, AVT, and Darrisaw are first round talents. Pick one and protect your franchise QB while opening holes in the run game. Draft a hard running beast like Rhamondre Stevenson in the later rounds.

Yes, this draft’s o-line class is deep, but Herbert deserves the best of the best.
                  Fair enough. But ill stick with the BPA at 13. I just cant reach for an OL just because we need one. If you have a chance at a Travis Kelce type vs a Lower tiered OL? This is a long term build here. Herbert is just now starting. There will be plenty of amazing seasons ahead. I cant reach for guys just for the sake of need next year. I feel the same about the RB position. I think Harris is a rare commodity. In that he is so well rounded and absolutely punishing that you could make the case for him in the middle of round 1. Im in the trade back a little bit camp. And i say that because it would allow me personally to get 2 OL in the 2nd round where i think i have teh majority of grades. And you could still always move back into the 1st and grab a guy.

Im just not a huge fan of the OL in the top 15 of this draft at this point. Its still so early. Im all about safe picks this high in the draft. Herbert is young. We have him for 15 years maybe. I have no problem giving him an LT or Gates type impact. I just know Ekeler isnt the every down answer. He doesnt scare anyone in play action.

I want a dominant run game. Now we could go OL in the 1st but ill be looking at a RB likely in the 2nd. Again id like to move down though.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Dickerson had another knee injury. Take him off your board.
                    Was that his 2nd injury?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Fair enough. But ill stick with the BPA at 13. I just cant reach for an OL just because we need one. If you have a chance at a Travis Kelce type vs a Lower tiered OL? This is a long term build here. Herbert is just now starting. There will be plenty of amazing seasons ahead. I cant reach for guys just for the sake of need next year. I feel the same about the RB position. I think Harris is a rare commodity. In that he is so well rounded and absolutely punishing that you could make the case for him in the middle of round 1. Im in the trade back a little bit camp. And i say that because it would allow me personally to get 2 OL in the 2nd round where i think i have teh majority of grades. And you could still always move back into the 1st and grab a guy.

Im just not a huge fan of the OL in the top 15 of this draft at this point. Its still so early. Im all about safe picks this high in the draft. Herbert is young. We have him for 15 years maybe. I have no problem giving him an LT or Gates type impact. I just know Ekeler isnt the every down answer. He doesnt scare anyone in play action.

I want a dominant run game. Now we could go OL in the 1st but ill be looking at a RB likely in the 2nd. Again id like to move down though.
                      No doubt, a sweet trade down deal would be nice.

And I’d love a dominant run game too. But when you look at our o-line, we’re not even close. When you look at teams with dominant run games you see teams that have already invested in their o-lines (Browns, Titans, Ravens).

It seems I’ve given higher grades to my o-line prospects than you. I’ve got AVT, Slater, and Darrisaw firmly in the middle of the 1st. It’s still very early in the process and things are bound to change.

We shall see.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

What if our IOL was solid...? Would we feel the need to reach at OL in the first? Would we feel comfortable waiting until the 2nd round to get our LT?

Probably. Fix the IOL through FA. Get your OT in the second round and use your other 3 picks on BPA (CB, LB, RB, Edge... whatever).
                        BTW... your FA IOL's don't have to be too expensive. And if you can replace all 3 IOL positions, you can cut Turner to pay for part of it.
                        You have to replace nearly the whole IOL anyways... doesn't have to be draft picks. Your depth @ IOL could be drafted in 5th/6th rounds.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Was that his 2nd injury?
                          4th.
                          3 injury riddled years at FSU before BAMA.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X