Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    I could sleep like a baby with a draft like this.
    *edit: pick 234 was Rhamondre Stevenson
    Kid is a baller
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      What if our IOL was solid...? Would we feel the need to reach at OL in the first? Would we feel comfortable waiting until the 2nd round to get our LT?

Probably. Fix the IOL through FA. Get your OT in the second round and use your other 3 picks on BPA (CB, LB, RB, Edge... whatever).
      BTW... your FA IOL's don't have to be too expensive. And if you can replace all 3 IOL positions, you can cut Turner to pay for part of it.
      You have to replace nearly the whole IOL anyways... doesn't have to be draft picks. Your depth @ IOL could be drafted in 5th/6th rounds.
      I really like the idea of signing a center. Corey Linsley is the play there. But there’s a bunch of good guard prospects in the draft. And lately it seems like rookie guards have been performing nicely.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

This will be a unique off season.
        IMV Spotrac is off the rails.
        My prediction...
        ---LOTS of one year contracts.
        ---a few top tier players, those at positions of high value, such as OLT, will cash in.
        ---there will be many bargains to be had, so as to fill out rosters.

DRAFT ACCORDINGLY.
        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
        Ben Herbert

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I really like the idea of signing a center. Corey Linsley is the play there. But there’s a bunch of good guard prospects in the draft. And lately it seems like rookie guards have been performing nicely.
          Bettya we stick with Lamp-Feeney,
          and seek improvement elsewhere.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Round 1- Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama

Caleb Farley is great here also, but may be ascending, and surpass Surtain...better upside. Surtain is a great pick also, and ready to go out of the box...just install batteries. Oline is the big desire this year, as it should be, but there will be opportunities later, with Sewell and Slater off the board. CB is a forgotten need...Casey Heyward is declining fast, and we can't be replacing him with a mid round project...the position is too critical, and difficult to develop on the fly. Surtain is developed.

Both these guys may be gone here...unless there is another blue chip player/can't miss guy, I would consider Jaycee Horn CB as well...a little early, and some here don't like him, but I do.

Round 2- Walker Little OT Stanford

Holding out hope that his injury and absence pushes him down the board, and we potentially get the steal of the draft. No reason to believe, watching his early tape, that he wasn't going to be a top 10 pick, and a bona fide blue chip prospect at LT. Liam Eichenberg is a guy I like more than most, but would be a solid pick if we miss on Little.

Round 3a- Jaylen Mayfield OT Michigan

Double dipping at tackle, and why not? I have no faith in Bulaga's health, and Mayfield is a RT in my book...may even start him out at RG if Bulaga has some gas in the tank. Also like Tevin Jenkins here, very nasty finisher.

Round 3b- Patrick Jones II Edge Pitt

Unrealized athletic potential, nice size...but didn't improve as much as I would like this season. I think we go with a more traditional 4-3 look this year, and I like what Tillery may be able to achieve on that strong side...fingers crosses...but we could use an injection of raw athleticism in the pass rush...would make a good rotational addition, and I like getting the kid in a dline room with a mentor like Bosa.

I think we can address the interior oline some in the middle rounds, with guys like Deonte Brown from Alabama, or Ben Cleveland from Georgia...also like the center Drake Jackson out of Kentucky...fiesty, intelligent fireplug...
            The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Caleb Farley is great here also, but may be ascending, and surpass Surtain...better upside. Surtain is a great pick also, and ready to go out of the box...just install batteries. Oline is the big desire this year, as it should be, but there will be opportunities later, with Sewell and Slater off the board. CB is a forgotten need...Casey Heyward is declining fast, and we can't be replacing him with a mid round project...the position is too critical, and difficult to develop on the fly. Surtain is developed.

Both these guys may be gone here...unless there is another blue chip player/can't miss guy, I would consider Jaycee Horn CB as well...a little early, and some here don't like him, but I do.

Holding out hope that his injury and absence pushes him down the board, and we potentially get the steal of the draft. No reason to believe, watching his early tape, that he wasn't going to be a top 10 pick, and a bona fide blue chip prospect at LT. Liam Eichenberg is a guy I like more than most, but would be a solid pick if we miss on Little.

Double dipping at tackle, and why not? I have no faith in Bulaga's health, and Mayfield is a RT in my book...may even start him out at RG if Bulaga has some gas in the tank. Also like Tevin Jenkins here, very nasty finisher.

Unrealized athletic potential, nice size...but didn't improve as much as I would like this season. I think we go with a more traditional 4-3 look this year, and I like what Tillery may be able to achieve on that strong side...fingers crosses...but we could use an injection of raw athleticism in the pass rush...would make a good rotational addition, and I like getting the kid in a dline room with a mentor like Bosa.

I think we can address the interior oline some in the middle rounds, with guys like Deonte Brown from Alabama, or Ben Cleveland from Georgia...also like the center Drake Jackson out of Kentucky...fiesty, intelligent fireplug...
              Really like these picks, with the exception that Teven Jenkins (in my humble opinion) looks much better than Mayfield.

Also, if we continue with a zone blocking scheme, we may have to be more selective at guard. As much as I love his size and power, not sure Deonte Brown is athletic enough to fit in a zone scheme.

Love Surtain and Farley, too.

Drake Jackson and Ben Cleveland are both studs.

Think you’re right on the money about using Tillery as the base 4-3 DE opposite Bosa. If that’s the case then Nwosu backs up Bosa and Rochelle’s behind Tillery. It also means that drafting another DT could take priority over edge defender, which might work out better since edge is way deeper than DT in this draft.

Nice work.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Really like these picks, with the exception that Teven Jenkins (in my humble opinion) looks much better than Mayfield.

Also, if we continue with a zone blocking scheme, we may have to be more selective at guard. As much as I love his size and power, not sure Deonte Brown is athletic enough to fit in a zone scheme.

Love Surtain and Farley, too.

Drake Jackson and Ben Cleveland are both studs.

Think you’re right on the money about using Tillery as the base 4-3 DE opposite Bosa. If that’s the case then Nwosu backs up Bosa and Rochelle’s behind Tillery. It also means that drafting another DT could take priority over edge defender, which might work out better since edge is way deeper than DT in this draft.

Nice work.
                Id still like something better than Tillery as a pass rusher but he seems better there than at DT so far. Rochele has been Bosa's. backup and id love to land Jones but not sure he is there at the end of round three.....or round three period. Doubt Surtain is there either but you never know and would be nice pick..

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Good stuff right there!

We see many things and prospects in similar fashion. Little, Farley, PSII, Mayfield, PJII are all guys who I’d love to see in lightning bolts.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id still like something better than Tillery as a pass rusher but he seems better there than at DT so far. Rochele has been Bosa's. backup and id love to land Jones but not sure he is there at the end of round three.....or round three period. Doubt Surtain is there either but you never know and would be nice pick..
                    Rochell’s been Bosa’s backup because we’ve been using Bosa as the base set 4-3 DE (with Ingram and Nwosu playing opposite).

But if Tillery takes that position, it sends Bosa to the other side, as the blindside rusher, where he’ll be more able to use his athleticism and work in space. In that case, Rochell remains the backup as base set DE (ie. Tillery’s backup).

*edit*

Also, if Tillery gets to play DE next year, watch him come in around 275-280 lbs (instead of 305-310). That playing weight would improve his quickness and greatly increase his ability as a DE.
                    Last edited by Bolt Dude; 01-16-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Rochell’s been Bosa’s backup because we’ve been using Bosa as the base set 4-3 DE (with Ingram and Nwosu playing opposite).

But if Tillery takes that position, it sends Bosa to the other side, as the blindside rusher, where he’ll be more able to use his athleticism and work in space. In that case, Rochell remains the backup as base set DE (ie. Tillery’s backup).

*edit*

Also, if Tillery gets to play DE next year, watch him come in around 275-280 lbs (instead of 305-310). That playing weight would improve his quickness and greatly increase his ability as a DE.
                      I dont know if that happens. He wasnt moved when he lost Ingram to injury both times as he mostly stayed on his side, but now with a different DC we shall see. Next season is a make or break for Tillery and could determine if they excercise his 5th year option or not. Unless he makes big strides next season, id say not.

I think we should possibly draft two pass rushers if we trade down and get extra picks and dont sign one in FA'cy.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I doubt if Rousseau is there @#13 but the Draft Machine gifted me the pick.

13. DE Greg Rousseau
                        45. OT Jackson Carman
                        77. LB Chazz Surratt
                        97. CB Elijah Molden

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Kid is a baller
                          PFN just published a player profile on the kid.

Good stuff:

​​​​​​​https://www.profootballnetwork.com/r...-running-back/

Comment

Working...
                          X