• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Knock on Dickerson is concerns about lower leg injuries in NCAA career. Looking good. (P.S. I was never capable of doing that.)

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

I don't know if drafting Dickerson is a move that TT can afford. He needs to fix this OL, but after Bulaga and Trai Turner went down with injuries, TT's job may depend on finding healthier options -- options with no injury histories.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

TT has been bad at drafting OL but look at this dreadful drafting by Belichick

@SharpFootball: this grotesque manifest is every Patriots WR & TE drafted since 2011...

...someone willingly drafted like this:

Devin Asiasi
        Dalton Keene
        N'Keal Harry
        Braxton Berrios
        Ryan Izzo
        Malcolm Mitchell
        Devin Lucien
        A.J. Derby
        Jeremy Gallon
        Aaron Dobson
        Josh Boyce
        Jeremy Ebert
        Lee Smith
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          TT has been bad at drafting OL but look at this dreadful drafting by Belichick

@SharpFootball: this grotesque manifest is every Patriots WR & TE drafted since 2011...

...someone willingly drafted like this:

Devin Asiasi
          Dalton Keene
          N'Keal Harry
          Braxton Berrios
          Ryan Izzo
          Malcolm Mitchell
          Devin Lucien
          A.J. Derby
          Jeremy Gallon
          Aaron Dobson
          Josh Boyce
          Jeremy Ebert
          Lee Smith
          Genius!

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Genius!
            My god. Imagine how strong the Pats dynasty could have been if 1/4 of those were hits.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

I tried to warn you about finding just the right fit at Oline. Comes now Cowherd. He says LAC need not overdraft at this position group. Herbert's unique skills and arm strength allow him to perform very well outside the pocket and with very deep sets.

We need OTs with length and blocking ability in space. For example, Slater @ #13 is out. Renner and Co. gave me a well deserved A+ grade for selecting Cosmi @ #45. My new targets are Spencer Brown/D'Ante Smith @ @ #97 or #118.
              Last edited by wu-dai clan; 03-04-2021, 06:53 AM.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                I tried to warn you about finding just the right fit at Oline. Comes now Cowherd. He says LAC need not overdraft at this position group. Herbert's unique skills and arm strength allow him to perform very well outside the pocket and with very deep sets.

We need OTs with length and blocking ability in space. For example, Slater @ #13 is out. Renner and Co. gave me a well deserved A+ grade for selecting Cosmi @ #45. My new targets are Spencer Brown/D'Ante Smith @ #118.
                Providing we don’t make a play for T. Williams, I’d still draft Slater if he fell to us at #13. I’d say working in space is one of his strong suits. He’s got the best footwork of all the rookie OTs. He’s got excellent functional strength, technique, versatility, and functional athleticism. But I’m also not opposed to drafting another OT in day 2 or beyond or bringing in a 1-2 year rental to compete with Slater. With Slater’s versatility he could line up anywhere and really help solidify the OL for years.

I like Cowherd, but he’s often wrong. JH worked outside the pocket so often because he had to. He did it well because he is an exceptional talent. Let’s keep him happy and let him find his ceiling. I don’t want an Andrew Luck scenario and I don’t want JH getting fed up and lured away by a “better run” franchise.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We need OTs with length and blocking ability in space. For example, Slater @ #13 is out. Renner and Co. gave me a well deserved A+ grade for selecting Cosmi @ #45. My new targets are Spencer Brown/D'Ante Smith @ @ #97 or #118.
                  No tree unshaken or bush unkicked, you looking for justification to not spend a first round pick on a B-O-R-I-N-G olineman....the desperate pleas to the forum make me giggle..:lol:
                  The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Exactly!Trencher time is here roll with it or get rolled over!!!!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                      Ali Marpet came from Hobart College, played the same position, and the Bucs drafted him in the 2nd round. Ended up being a helluva player. Marpet dominated the combine, so he has that advantage over Meinerz. There will be a lot of eyes on Meinerz at his pro day. If he tests well and shows that he’s coachable, he’ll be off the boards by the end of the 3rd.
                      Look at that standing high jump. The man has legs. And I'm a leg man. Draft him.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Look at that standing high jump. The man has legs. And I'm a leg man. Draft him.
                        You like legs? Kendrick Green might be the guy for you. He’s a top 5 IOL when it comes to improving the run game.

But Meinerz...man he’d be a fun guy to have on the team. I call him ‘Wook Daddy’.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

If I had to take away one thing from TT’s presser today, it’s that we might not take an OT in the 1st. TT mentioned the depth of the OT class and he also seemed a little wary of our CB situation. Maybe he’s not sold on the 1st round OTs.

Purely speculating, I’d say TT likes Patrick Surtain II. TT likes players with a lot of reps and Surtain fits the bill. Surtain also had the same DB coach at Bama that Derwin and Ramsey had at FSU. Surtain is a good tackler, no medical issues, and seems like an all-around safe pick, an instant high level contributor. Gotta wonder where TT’s got him on his board.

My far flung conclusion is that TT’s setting the stage for a non-OL 1st rounder.

Comment

Working...
                          X