Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I know this is a thread about CB's, but since the conversation has turned toward late-round WR prospects, I'll throw out a guy I really like:

Emeka Emezie. 6-3, 220 lbs. Was awarded the Philip Rivers Award as a freshman. After Ryan Finley left NC State, Emezie's numbers leveled off.
    Emeka Emezie turned in a WR1 season in Raleigh with 576 receiving yards and two touchdowns to power the Wolfpack. You can find all of Emezie's highlights fro...
    Like him on day 3. Lacks great speed and route separation skills but catches everything thrown in his vicinity. He is in the mold of Anquan Boldin.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Yeah, has the body to take the pounding. Looks like decent route runner, too. Wonder if he's really a 7th rounder...?
      Yup. Same weight as Imatorbebhe. And an inch taller. Seems a bit more polished but not as good an athlete. Hard to tell. So much depends on the combine. Can’t imagine that it’ll get cancelled.

This WR crop is very deep. And there’ll be good talent in every round.

You think it’s as good as last year’s? Better?
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Yup. Same weight as Imatorbebhe. And an inch taller. Seems a bit more polished but not as good an athlete. Hard to tell. So much depends on the combine. Can’t imagine that it’ll get cancelled.

This WR crop is very deep. And there’ll be good talent in every round.

You think it’s as good as last year’s? Better?
        Tough question... I think I liked last year's better... by a smidge. JK Hill was one of my guys. I think another year running NFL trees will make a difference. His early drops caused JH to stop looking his way and his snaps went down. I had Reed in my 6th/7th round talent.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Tough question... I think I liked last year's better... by a smidge. JK Hill was one of my guys. I think another year running NFL trees will make a difference. His early drops caused JH to stop looking his way and his snaps went down. I had Reed in my 6th/7th round talent.
          I’m starting to think this year’s WR group is just as good, but deeper than last year’s.

Another interesting WR prospect who’s getting no attention is Simi Fehoko from Stanford.

Tall, strong and explosive. Absolutely took over the game against UCLA. Kid’s fun to watch.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I’m starting to think this year’s WR group is just as good, but deeper than last year’s.

Another interesting WR prospect who’s getting no attention is Simi Fehoko from Stanford.

Tall, strong and explosive. Absolutely took over the game against UCLA. Kid’s fun to watch.
            I'll have to check him out. Thanks. I liked what I saw of Imatorbebhe.
            I haven't spent too much time on WR's this draft.
            Are you on the side of shedding MW contract?
            I'd love to get a pick for him (sign-and-trade).

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

2020 WR was great.

This year's not as good as last year's but better than 2019.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

I'll have to check him out. Thanks. I liked what I saw of Imatorbebhe.
                I haven't spent too much time on WR's this draft.
                Are you on the side of shedding MW contract?
                I'd love to get a pick for him (sign-and-trade).
                Leaning towards keeping MW and cutting Hayward and Turner.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Leaning towards keeping MW and cutting Hayward and Turner.
                  With a new deal to lower his cap

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

You have to admit... $37 million extra cap space (Turner, Hayward, MW) is tempting. Especially if you could get a 3rd for MW.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

You have to admit... $37 million extra cap space (Turner, Hayward, MW) is tempting. Especially if you could get a 3rd for MW.
                      If you don't mind drafting a WR in round one because that's what TT would probably do if they traded MW.

​​​​​​My guess would be Bateman as Chase is likely gone and the other two are too smallish.

​​

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If you don't mind drafting a WR in round one because that's what TT would probably do if they traded MW.

​​​​​​My guess would be Bateman as Chase is likely gone and the other two are too smallish.

​​
                        Whoa there, cowboy. Gotta respectfully disagree on that one. I’d be throwing bricks through Starbucks windows and flipping cop cars if we drafted Bateman at 13. Especially if Waddle or Smith were still available. Smallish or not, both those talents will translate to the modern NFL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Whoa there, cowboy. Gotta respectfully disagree on that one. I’d be throwing bricks through Starbucks windows and flipping cop cars if we drafted Bateman at 13. Especially if Waddle or Smith were still available. Smallish or not, both those talents will translate to the modern NFL.
                          Thats you. Our smallest WR is Tyron Jonson at 193 lbs so im thinking our people dont like the slight build WRs. Now we are going to get a new coaching staff so maybe that will change but sorry, im not a huge fan of Davonta Smith being a toothpick at 6'1", 174 lbs in the NFL. Never been a fan of the slight build players.

Maybe they translate to the NFL, maybe they dont. Tavon Austin didnt. I also dont see anything wrong with Bateman. If he were on Alabama, he probably has stats unheard of

Comment

Working...
                          X