Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Whoa there, cowboy. Gotta respectfully disagree on that one. I’d be throwing bricks through Starbucks windows and flipping cop cars if we drafted Bateman at 13. Especially if Waddle or Smith were still available. Smallish or not, both those talents will translate to the modern NFL.
    I have Bateman over either Smith or Waddle. Small rarely makes an impact or has longevity.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats you. Our smallest WR is Tyron Jonson at 193 lbs so im thinking our people dont like the slight build WRs. Now we are going to get a new coaching staff so maybe that will change but sorry, im not a huge fan of Davonta Smith being a toothpick at 6'1", 174 lbs in the NFL. Never been a fan of the slight build players.

Maybe they translate to the NFL, maybe they dont. Tavon Austin didnt. I also dont see anything wrong with Bateman. If he were on Alabama, he probably has stats unheard of
      Good point about Tavon Austin, but DeSean Jackson entered the league at 169 lbs. Say what you will about his durability; he’s going into his 13th season.

Mark Twain said it best, “it’s about the size of the fight in the dog.”

If Daboll becomes HC he might convince TT of this fact. After all, Diggs is listed at 185, Beasley is 174, Brown is 178, and McKenzie is 173.

I’ve never seen a WR prospect with better field awareness than Devonta Smith. And the way the NFL is evolving, smaller skill players are getting more and more play.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Good point about Tavon Austin, but DeSean Jackson entered the league at 169 lbs. Say what you will about his durability; he’s going into his 13th season.

Mark Twain said it best, “it’s about the size of the fight in the dog.”

If Daboll becomes HC he might convince TT of this fact. After all, Diggs is listed at 185, Beasley is 174, Brown is 178, and McKenzie is 173.

I’ve never seen a WR prospect with better field awareness than Devonta Smith. And the way the NFL is evolving, smaller skill players are getting more and more play.
        He is ..and has played in 8 games the last 2 seasons. Has had 65 or more receptions just once.
        There are always exceptions here and there but being slight more than not, dont fair well and Hollywood Brown hasnt had any real impact yet as a first rounder and is 170 lbs if he is who you are talking about here. Diggs is listed at 191 lbs on the Bills site.

McKenzie isnt worth mentioning as he was a 5th rounder and is a backup who dont play much.

I dont want to use #13 on a slight player like Smith and though Waddle is a little bigger, yeah id rather have Bateman. Like i said had he played at Alabama, he would be the clear cut #1 WR draft pick.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

He is ..and has played in 8 games the last 2 seasons. There are always exceptions here and there but slight more than not, dont fair well and Hollywood Brown hasnt had any real impact yet as a first rounder and is 170 lbs if he is who you are talking about here. Diggs is listed at 191 lbs on the Bills site.

McKenzie isnt worth mentioning as he was a 5th rounder and is a backup who dont play much.
          Nah, the receivers I listed there are all Buffalo Bills receivers playing under Daboll. Point being that Daboll doesn’t mind smaller guys in his WR room. And unless everyone in the media is wrong, he’s gonna be our HC.

It’s all good. The best thing about debating prospects is that we eventually find out the truth on Sundays.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

@#13, WR's will definitely be there. But I don't necessarily think you have to replace MW #'s with a 1st rounder. MW hasn't topped 50 receptions in his career. A lot of that has to do with KA being on the other side. Rouseau @DE, Slater @OG, Fareley @CB would also be good options @#13.

I have no problem with WR's Bateman or Smith @#13. Bateman reminds me of KA and Smith will get bigger/stronger.

But I think you could replace MW's production/skillset with a WR like Sage Surratt in the late 3rd or even Emeka Emezie in the 6th/7th. Your #2 doesn't even need to be a WR player with similar characteristics as MW. I think MW was drafted with PR in mind... big target. I think JH prefers WR's that create separation via polished routes.

Sage Surratt
            This season, Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt set a program record with 111.2 receiving yards per game, ranking first in the ACC. Check out his best plays of 2019...

Kadarius Toney, Tylan Wallace, Dazz Newsome, Elijah Moore, Anthony Schwartz, Reggie Roberson are others I like.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Nah, the receivers I listed there are all Buffalo Bills receivers playing under Daboll. Point being that Daboll doesn’t mind smaller guys in his WR room. And unless everyone in the media is wrong, he’s gonna be our HC.

It’s all good. The best thing about debating prospects is that we eventually find out the truth on Sundays.
              Ah, i actually really like John Brown but he gets dinged up as well, but so does MW playing kamakaze with his body.

Thing is all Buffalos WRs are quick and fast which is good and our fast WRs are bigger than theirs. I mean Diggs is 191 and still would be our smallest by a little bit. Daboll will have to get used to Keenan lol.
              I assume he is the front runner but no reliable sources have said he will be the HC so we'll see. Im good with either Staley of Daboll if those are the top 2 guys. Id be more interested in the assistants they bothchoose.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                @#13, WR's will definitely be there. But I don't necessarily think you have to replace MW #'s with a 1st rounder. MW hasn't topped 50 receptions in his career. A lot of that has to do with KA being on the other side. Rouseau @DE, Slater @OG, Fareley @CB would also be good options @#13.

I have no problem with WR's Bateman or Smith @#13. Bateman reminds me of KA and Smith will get bigger/stronger.

But I think you could replace MW's production/skillset with a WR like Sage Surratt in the late 3rd or even Emeka Emezie in the 6th/7th. Your #2 doesn't even need to be a WR player with similar characteristics as MW. I think MW was drafted with PR in mind... big target. I think JH prefers WR's that create separation via polished routes.

Sage Surratt
                This season, Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt set a program record with 111.2 receiving yards per game, ranking first in the ACC. Check out his best plays of 2019...

Kadarius Toney, Tylan Wallace, Dazz Newsome, Elijah Moore, Anthony Schwartz, Reggie Roberson are others I like.
                Agreed. And besides, I’m in the ‘keep Mike Williams’ camp.

I might not get much support on this, but my 1A and 1B for pick #13 are Slater and Vera-Tucker. If they’re both gone then Darrisaw.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Id be more interested in the assistants they bothchoose.
                  Yeah, no doubt. I’m praying we find a way to keep Pep Hamilton. Apparently he’s getting some looks from Miami for their OC opening.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Agreed. And besides, I’m in the ‘keep Mike Williams’ camp.

I might not get much support on this, but my 1A and 1B for pick #13 are Slater and Vera-Tucker. If they’re both gone then Darrisaw.
                    You got my support...Slater for sure...then... think CB is pretty important to ignore here...but absolutely think AVT is worth the 13th, wherever he ends up playing.

Gimme Slater/AVT at LG, Walker Little at LT in the 2nd, and find me a third round gem to plug in at CB...Campbell? Why not?

But...I pull the support when you get down to Darrisaw...lol
                    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You got my support...Slater for sure...then... think CB is pretty important to ignore here...but absolutely think AVT is worth the 13th, wherever he ends up playing.

Gimme Slater/AVT at LG, Walker Little at LT in the 2nd, and find me a third round gem to plug in at CB...Campbell? Why not?

But...I pull the support when you get down to Darrisaw...lol
                      Appreciate your support.

My official first three rounds go like this:
                      1. Rashawn Slater or AVT, OG/OT
                      2. Jay Tufele, DT
                      3. W. Little or T. Jenkins, OT
                      3A. Rashad Weaver, EDGE

Then it goes:
                      4. Keith Taylor, CB
                      5. Jack Anderson, OG
                      6A. Khyiris Tonga, NT
                      6B. Rhamondre Stevenson, RB
                      7. Emeka Emezie or Simi Fehoko, WR

*Using The Draft Network Simulator

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

But I think you could replace MW's production/skillset with a WR like Sage Surratt in the late 3rd or even Emeka Emezie in the 6th/7th
                        Looks like Emeka Emezie is heading back to NC State. Good for him. If he gets some good QB play and keeps refining his skills, he might become a 2-3rd rounder in 2022. In light of that, I like Simi Fehoku or Imatorbhebe all the better as late round picks. If nothing else, their size, speed, and athleticism will make them immediate special teams contributors.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I have Bateman over either Smith or Waddle. Small rarely makes an impact or has longevity.
                          Another good size WR is Jonathan Adams Jr. 6’2, 220 jumper/slasher/deep threat. Just watched a heap of tape. Kid’s best game was against a huge favorite in KSU. He led the upset by absolutely taking over in the 2nd half. Super impressed.

And his highlight tape might be the most entertaining of the year. Makes a show of clowning CBs.

Comment

Working...
                          X