• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

He's a little grabby (PI calls). And sometimes bites on double moves... he's been burned long. I like him in the 5th round.
    I watched every 2020 UW game and a saw him get burned deep once. Against Stanford, I think. But even that was by a half step. Ball placement was perfect over the shoulder. Taylor still ripped it out at the ground but refs determined it was a catch.

His biggest weakness is on digs and come backs. But I think he’s one of the best deep ball corners in the draft. Blankets fades, posts, and corners.

Corners like Taylor allow safeties to play shallow, which I see a lot in Staley’s defense.
    Last edited by Bolt Dude; 02-15-2021, 09:50 PM.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
      R1--including trade down
      Slater
      Surtain II
      Farley
      Pitts
      Waddle
      Parsons
      ________
      AVT
      Rousseau
      Barmore
      Ojulari

R2:
      Little
      Cosmi
      Jenkins
      Mayfield
      Radunz
      Tufele
      Nixon
      Onwuzurike
      Tryon
      Eskridge
      Newsome II

R3A:
      Molden
      Alim McNeill
      Meyers
      Carman
      Weaver
      Oweh
      Roche
      Adebo
      Stokes

R3B:
      Christensen
      A Jackson
      Sample
      J Smith
      S Surratt
      St Juste
      Melifonwu
      A Thomas

R4:
      R Stevenson
      T Sermon
      C Hubbard
      K Hill
      Hainsey
      Meinerz
      A Thomas
      Ogundeji
      D Stills
      Dimukege
      You wouldn’t be okay with taking AVT at 13? I think the Vikings will take him at 14 if we trade down.

Also, getting Stokes in the 3rd would be insane value. I think he’ll be long gone by 47. Oweh too.

Great players though. Nice work.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I dont usually like to make clusters this early til at least after the Combine, preferably after a couple weeks into FA'cy but as i sit right now....and still havent seen some players tape......i ahve something like:

Round 1

Sewell (if by chance)
        Patrick Surtain
        Caleb Farley
        Rashawn Slater
        Micah Parsons
        TRADE DOWN(depending how far we trade to is the last two)
        AVT
        Jaycee Horn
        Azeez Ajulari
        Jaelyn Phillips
        Walker Little
        Sam Cosmi

ROUND 2

Walker Little
        Sam Cosmi
        Jovante Williams
        Erik Stokes
        Liam Eichkenberg
        Tevin Jenkins
        Joe Tryon
        Quincy Roche
        Creed Humphrey

Round 3 ( all included for A&B, will take any combo)

Creed Humphrey ( if he falls here)
        Joe Tryon ( if still on board)
        Ifeatu Melifonwu
        Alim McNeil
        Paulson Adebo
        Hamsah Nasirildeen
        Tyson Campbell
        Elijah Molden
        Josh Myers
        Jordon Smith
        Greg Newsome
        Dillon Radunz

Round 4 (Getting touchy here)

Dyami Brown
        Jay Tufele
        James Hudson
        Kelvin Joseph
        Trey Sermon
        Chuba Hubbard
        Trey Smith
        Aaron Banks
        Kary Vincent
        Shaka Toney

Something like that.....will likely change
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-21-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

You wouldn’t be okay with taking AVT at 13? I think the Vikings will take him at 14 if we trade down.

Also, getting Stokes in the 3rd would be insane value. I think he’ll be long gone by 47. Oweh too.

Great players though. Nice work.
          Would not mind him at 13, just hoping to move down for an additional 2nd if Slater and the 2 potential franchise corners are gone. Either way I'm drafting 2 Tackles with my first 3 picks. One or both could end up starting at guard.
          Of course after free agency the plan could change

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Would not mind him at 13, just hoping to move down for an additional 2nd if Slater and the 2 potential franchise corners are gone. Either way I'm drafting 2 Tackles with my first 3 picks. One or both could end up starting at guard.
            Of course after free agency the plan could change
            I'd like at least one of those tackles to stick at tackle...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd like at least one of those tackles to stick at tackle...
              AMEN!!! So many analysis on the OT prospects say something to the effect of "will need to move inside" "better if he played guard" "slide inside to minimize weaknesses".....you get the idea. if I draft an OT, I want them to play and excel at OT, not guard.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

round one/13 * trade down preferred, as would prefer as many of the day two players as possible

026) LB Zaven Collins * just a gut take, that this guy might be the best get for us round one
                014) LT Christian Darrisaw * like him better than the rest, albeit agree.... not my first choice for our locker room/team vibe
                013) LB Micah Parsons * something I don't really care for 'bout this guy, and.... he might be the one you wish you had nabbed @13
                021) DT Christian Barrimore * somethin' 'bout this guy that says difference maker.... somebody to help free up Joey
                003) LT Penei Sewell * watched him w/Voch.... get pushed back.... his anchor is in question me thinx

round two/47 * would like all three of these guys, and willing to trade down, and down again to get 'em

045) CB Eric Stokes * the dude that I want.... love his intangibles
                048) DT Daviyon Nixon * started out like a house on fire and has come back to the field.... not sure of his ceiling
                071) LG Trey Smith * in my mind he's worth our 13, and then there is the consensus which has him here.... @best

round three/77 * got my blinders on for the one man in the middle

082) OC Josh Myers * even tho we got Linsley, we also got his injury concerns/bad back.... Hardwick 2.0 pls

comp pick/97 * not quite on PR's level, and.... do like this guy quite a bit

089) SS Hamsah Nasirildeen * 'nother guy that I'd really really like

round four/118 * we need an RB, we need a NT, we need Oline depth.... we need to learn how to stockpile draft pix

097) NT Tyler Shelvin * for the umpteenth year, me would likey some NT, and.... dude's gotta be off the board by now
                101) RB Trey Sermon * really like this guy and hopefully he lasts past our comp pick and until our fourth
                070) DT Jay Tufele * like him some, but obviously not as much as some others
                094) RG Deonte Brown * not willing to take him off my board.... if he drops to here and others are off the board
                093) RT Spencer Brown * gonna be overdrafted, as like him.... but not as optimistic on his development as others

round five/159 * not sure either of the latter two'll be on the board, and.... secondary depth is a must have

168) CB Ambry Thomas * plenty o' boards have this guy longone by now, and.... hope springs eternal
                063) LB Dylan Moses * huge injury concern, that otherwise takes him off the board, and.... like his intangibles
                112) RB Chuba Hubbard * backup plan to Sermon, albeit plenty reason to doubt he'd still be on the board here

round six/185 * we need to replace what we lost w/Desmond.... we need a gamer

240) SS Divine Deablo * Ninja has this guy gone yesterday, and.... could last a bit longer if Johnny's got some Irish to him

round six/198 * how 'bout goin' Pro here

322) TE Pro Wells * if he is as some say he is, not the guy that you want to have missed out on

round seven/241 * always loved me some Brandon Siler.... seventh rounders (make'm) count

374) RT Foster Sarell * puttin' this guy @the top here, mostly coz he's the one that'll be most likely still on the board
                440) DT LaBryan Ray * didn't see this guy listed, but on my radar nonetheless
                134) TE Tommy Tremble * gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the forum fervor on this guy, and.... double down on TE here
                312) K Jose Borregales * am a Badgley bandcamper, so not alotta interest here, albeit he seems worthy

afterthoughts * cases could be made, but not havin' 'em this go 'round

027) WR Kadarius Toney * sleeper first round wunderkid, albeit he just isn't on my radar
                050) OC Landon Dickerson * dude's a mule, and.... not takin' him given he's pretty much physical wreckage
                080) SCB Shaun Wade * intangibles leave something to be desired, but his play @nickel is everything you'd want

UDFA * maybe usually means no, and.... that's why they have a preseason

285) WR Brandon Smith * been on my radar since the beginning of things.... hoping for a Malcom Floyd redux
                422) OC Ryan McCollum * has not really established any traction this go 'round, but would take him as an UDFA
                438) LB Zane Zandier * a no namer who caught my eye early on.... special teamer value perhaps

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2021/consensus-big-board-2021#:~:text=This%20consensus%20big%20board%20of%2 0each%20player's%20overall,Draft%20date.%20Last%20 Updated:%202%20hours%20ago%202023
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Sewell-OT getting criticism is a bit silly to me. He was 18 and 19. A freaking teenager on all the film. He is 20 now. Obviously he will get better and continue to improve especially with NFL coaching. I bet Justin Herbert would love to have him as his left tackle in the NFL. I'm paying the price and trading up to Jets #2 for him to ensure I get him and the bet is I will have him for the next 15 seasons as the starting Left Tackle. Worth every pick and penny, imo.

Also I'm thinking those picks I'm trading away will not have 15 year careers many of them will have 6 year careers like Ryan Mathews or Donald Butler or less than 3 like Mager or Watt. Or will be off the Chargers roster in a few seasons like Teo or Attachou or Lamp or Feeney or Henry.

Im paying the price for Sewell-OT.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Absolutely Critty, If we think he is the next Munoz, Ogden, or Pace make the trade.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      Sewell-OT getting criticism is a bit silly to me. He was 18 and 19. A freaking teenager on all the film. He is 20 now. Obviously he will get better and continue to improve especially with NFL coaching. I bet Justin Herbert would love to have him as his left tackle in the NFL. I'm paying the price and trading up to Jets #2 for him to ensure I get him and the bet is I will have him for the next 15 seasons as the starting Left Tackle. Worth every pick and penny, imo.

Also I'm thinking those picks I'm trading away will not have 15 year careers many of them will have 6 year careers like Ryan Mathews or Donald Butler or less than 3 like Mager or Watt. Or will be off the Chargers roster in a few seasons like Teo or Attachou or Lamp or Feeney or Henry.

Im paying the price for Sewell-OT.
                      Understandable thinking but...

Draft is loaded at OT through round three and beyond...we now have breathing room at OL.

We have two round three picks...there are four QBs going top ten.

​​​​​​If anything, a rare TT trade down is in order.
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 03-22-2021, 01:48 AM.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Understandable thinking but...

Draft is loaded at OT through round three and beyond...we now have breathing room at OL.

We have two round three picks...there are four QBs going top ten.

trading down - yes
                        breathing room at OT - no
                        get the best damn OT if you can

(though I do agree if Telesco gets CB and maybe more depth at OT in free agency, that does give him a bit more flexibility in the draft to maybe go OT in R2 - do not think I want to go later than R2 for OT though).

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I would only accept a trade down under the following conditions:

Sewell, Slater, Farley and Surtain aren’t available AND we get MORE than the value chart indicates, including additional picks (3rd round minimum) this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡