• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Official 2021 Draft - Day 1 Conclusion

Lets get the party started now. Time to hype this up.

Cheers to all us Bolt fans and here's to a strong draft.

Mojo to Tommy T and Coach Staley

EyJe-HhVoAUM2Te.jpeg

177645039_219919989927073_4960879570229098083_n.jpeg
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Come on telesco trade up for sewell. #reunitejustinandsewell

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

However this all plays out it’s been great talking draft with everyone here. We all have our wishlist but if anything was learned last year I hope it’s that everybody gives whoever we pick a chance!

MOJO

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            The one nugget I liked in there was that TT said Staley is a great evaluator. Haven’t heard him say that about any other coach during his tenure.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

The one nugget I liked in there was that TT said Staley is a great evaluator. Haven’t heard him say that about any other coach during his tenure.
              Yep...that speaks volumes...and Staley has surrounded himself with a pretty high-caliber staff, from all credible reports...looking forward to this draft...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                So the problem with TT drafts is that every year he sends his entire scouting department to all scout for the first round pick? That actually makes some sense to explain his overall draft record. He’s batting well over .500 on Rd 1, a very good to great record. But he is practically whiffing completely on Rd 3 (KA excepted of course). Rd 2 mixed bag of busts, overdrafted average talent, and underperforming contributors, Rds4-7 a crapshoot of an occasional diamond in the rough but don’t know he’s any better than other GMs.

he almost has done better in UDFA than Rd 3-7. that should not occur
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So the problem with TT drafts is that every year he sends his entire scouting department to all scout for the first round pick? That actually makes some sense to explain his overall draft record. He’s batting well over .500 on Rd 1, a very good to great record. But he is practically whiffing completely on Rd 3 (KA excepted of course). Rd 2 mixed bag of busts, overdrafted average talent, and underperforming contributors, Rds4-7 a crapshoot of an occasional diamond in the rough but don’t know he’s any better than other GMs.

So trade 2 thru 7 for another 1st. Teams get an average of less than 2 starters out of the draft. Fill with UDFA.

:stirringshit:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                    However this all plays out it’s been great talking draft with everyone here. We all have our wishlist but if anything was learned last year I hope it’s that everybody gives whoever we pick a chance!

MOJO
                    Been a Chargers fan a long time. I remember waking up reading the UT San Diego finding out that Joe Washington was traded for Lydell Mitchell . If I can live through that trauma (whatever age I was) - I will make it through the draft even if Telesco picks WR at 13

But yes, good dialogue and talking draft, Chargers football!

#BoltUp

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Ugh..... I have never been nervous for a draft always excited. I never bitch and moan over the picks because there isn't thing any one can do about it.

This year..... I'm takin the day off I decided because I know I will be pre occupied all day watching social media and message boards.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

When he has plenty of free time after drafts he performs well. Maybe even better with Staley.

opcorn:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                        X