• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I find it funny when a player suddenly alleges injury to avoid running the 40, but still participates in the vertical leap, which he performed poorly (32 inches) relative to top NFL prospects. That is a red flag in and of itself.

I suspect that he runs between 4.6 and 4.7 and no, I do not want that out of a FS. I think if we were drafting more of a box safety or LB/S, I could live with that, but otherwise, I would prefer to pass when more athletic players are on the board. And the two players I preferred, Sterns and Gillespie, were in fact drafted before Nasirildeen.
    The safety we got is 6'1", 207....ran a 4.61.
    ​​​​​​Most likely be one of the two deep safeties...when he gets in the field. Doubt be plays much this season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

So overall we did pretty good. I'd rather have had Herbert or Jefferson over Roundtree and Jamar Johnson over the LB.

In fact Denver got a few players I liked a lot.

Dammit I liked it better when Horseface was doing the drafting. This guy got some good players.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

​​​​​​Most likely be one of the two deep safeties...when he gets in the field. Doubt be plays much this season.
        He’s very similar to John Johnson in size and athletic profile. He’ll play that type of role eventually if he keeps improving.
        Last edited by like54ninjas; 05-01-2021, 06:25 PM.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Charger Grades are in. Day Three has been about as much fun as getting laid at a family reunion.
          ????
          No one brings friends along, then no bueno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is a box safety type, but also a 7th round pick. I think there were better choices, but this is what we have.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

He is a box safety type, but also a 7th round pick. I think there were better choices, but this is what we have.
              According to Staley he can play all over. very versatile... Converted wide receiver. They love his potential on special teams as well. Played a lot of big nickel at Georgia. I think he has a lot of potential to cover tight ends.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                ~ Charger Fan ~
                • Sep 2018
                • Jupiter, FL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

According to Staley he can play all over. very versatile... Converted wide receiver. They love his potential on special teams as well. Played a lot of big nickel at Georgia. I think he has a lot of potential to cover tight ends.
                It would be awesome if he can fill a role similar to Adrian Phillips.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

The team is more optimistic about him than I am. I see a player that simply lacks NFL level talent. But that's okay. Lots of 7th round picks do not make rosters, especially if the roster is any good.

In listening to Telesco, it sounded like they got aced out of a bunch of potential picks. Leading up to several of our picks today, it seemed like a bunch of desirable players went off of the board.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

The team is more optimistic about him than I am. I see a player that simply lacks NFL level talent. But that's okay. Lots of 7th round picks do not make rosters, especially if the roster is any good.

In listening to Telesco, it sounded like they got aced out of a bunch of potential picks. Leading up to several of our picks today, it seemed like a bunch of desirable players went off of the board.
                    They used up all their luck in the first two rounds.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

That's what you took from his comments? No team gets everybody they like. There is not one single team from yesterday that got everyone they wanted.... It is impossible, the numbers just don't add up. Do you really think if a team had nine picks the only going to the draft targeting nine players?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        Well today had all the charm of accidentally sitting on your balls in church.
                        LOL

tears are rolling after that one. thx mang

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

That's what you took from his comments? No team gets everybody they like. There is not one single team from yesterday that got everyone they wanted.... It is impossible, the numbers just don't add up. Do you really think if a team had nine picks the only going to the draft targeting nine players?
                          It looked to me that Telesco commented that he did not get all of the picks that he wanted, which I agree 100% with you that no team does, but he did so in an exasperated way to a certain degree. The impression created was one of just a little bit of frustration.

I can't say which players were just missed, but that is the impression that was created, but I think that the impression was quite subtle and definitely not flagrant.

On the other hand, maybe Telesco was just tired from the whole grind of the experience.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍