• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Like I said, depends on what we do in FA'cy. But if Breece Hall is there in round two when we pick, I'm likely picking him. Of course the third would be better but don't think he will last there after the combine.

I liked some of those RBs you named too and Roundtree wasn't on my list but he hasn't got much time to show either. Don't think any of those other guys would play much either if we had them. They are getting their shot because of injuries.

Mostert went down early for SF. I don't know what Evans has done to this point.
    Neither Roundtree nor Kelly has gotten much opportunity. Roundtree most certainly stay on the roster.
    I'm not so sure about Kelly. He was a guy drafted when Lynn was the HC. And I think he's getting limited opportunities because he's a horrible pass blocker.
    I'd be surprised to see Justin Jackson return (can't stay healthy).
    So my 2 later round RB's... 1 replaces JJ. The other pushes Kelly (probably replaces him). Pierre Strong Jr. has added value as a PR/KR.
    I listed 26 Chargers FA's. But really, it's 27 (Andre Roberts). Do we re-sign him...?

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

My 1st-3rd rounds are reserved for RT, CB, and EDGE.
      I'd probably double-dip in the 6th round for my RB's.

Cam'Ron Harris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Eibtw4hbA
      Pierre Strong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ5gJY2xzUc
      w/that formula/strategy, my RT is Faalele, CB is Josh Jobe, and ED Jermaine Johnson.... Faalele is a day two guy, Jobe is a day three guy according to Ninja, and Jermaine is a round one/two guy.... what to do then ??

def don't want to be locked in on any one position, i.e. if Jordan Davis or top shelf receiver fell into our laps, would def give heavy consideration there, and then of course, I like me some Zion J.

and re: RB, am also of the mind to wait 'til day three, and hope we've got @least an addition or coupla few from FA there.
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Would love him if he somehow slipped to the 3rd. Wouldn't take him in the 2nd unless I am a sure fire contender like the Buccaneers trying to win one more with Brady or the Bills trying to win one with Allen on the last year of his rookie deal. Too many injuries with RBs and I only see it getting worse with players still getting bigger stronger faster every year and a 17 game schedule now.
        do think we're gonna qualify as a "sure fire contender" next year for the SB, and do think personnel decisions need to reflect the such, i.e. do you go w/a rookie RB and know that it's not uncommon for quality backs to produce in their rookie year, or.... do you go w/a relatively proven vet commodity that has already documented his prowess in the League, and however more susceptible to injury or decline he might be ??
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Ummm
          before I say anything...
          does Kenneth Walker remind anyone of someone...?
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I like Jordan Davis from Georgia...he is a beast who would solidify our DL and run defense:

Jordan Davis Highlightsheisman biggest player in college football

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Ummm
              before I say anything...
              does Kenneth Walker remind anyone of someone...?
              I know who you are thinking about (LT) and idk, id say maybe a little. Good vision, not many receptions to his resume but not saying its because of him, dont really know swhy they didnt throw it to him more often..... and is a bit of an upright runner. Good prospect for us as well.

I like Walker, Hall and Spiller and would be happy with any of the three though i like Hall the most if im picking one. Hall has that Levion Bell patients with blockers if there isnt a hole there right away and has outstnding vision.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                I like Jordan Davis from Georgia...he is a beast who would solidify our DL and run defense:

Jordan Davis Highlightsheisman biggest player in college football

I may be in the minority, but Davis worries me...he has been much heavier in the past, meaning he will always be controlling his weight...maybe he has the discipline for it...but also, he was getting gassed in that SEC title game. Not saying he isn't a force to be reckoned with, but I see him needing to be spelled often in the pros...I just don't know about him...maybe I'll feel better after I hit the film in the offseason, but that one game didn't knock my socks off.
                The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I traded our 2022 first Round Pick to Detroit. Chargers will receive Detroit's 1st Round pick in 2023. So we have that to look forward to.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I may be in the minority, but Davis worries me...he has been much heavier in the past, meaning he will always be controlling his weight...maybe he has the discipline for it...but also, he was getting gassed in that SEC title game. Not saying he isn't a force to be reckoned with, but I see him needing to be spelled often in the pros...I just don't know about him...maybe I'll feel better after I hit the film in the offseason, but that one game didn't knock my socks off.
                    Exactly, he was gassed. May not be an every down player. He won't get to us anyways. We gonna be picking in the playoffs spots which starts where,.. 25?
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I traded our 2022 first Round Pick to Detroit. Chargers will receive Detroit's 1st Round pick in 2023. So we have that to look forward to.
                      Yeah. I’d make that trade.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So, Davis could be Toinu Fonoti 2.0?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Would trade pick too with Detroit if that’s who is left on the board. Very disappointed but I’d be more about grabbing rest of their picks this year in exchange.

Comment

Working...
                          X