Brenton Cox
    Myjai Sanders
    Aiden Hutchinson
    Kingsley Enagbare
    DJ Coleman
    Adam Anderson
    Nick Bonito

Top 4 are top 25 prospects.
    Rest all have superb skillsets but need more tape, production, passrush arsenal, better competition, or lack ideal physical traits.
    ​​​​​​​Mafa, Cox, Sanders, and Anderson could all make a 1st round grade with strong 2021 seasons.
    ​​​​​​​DJ Coleman is my top small school EDGE thus far.
    Excellent as always. Kayvon is top 5 pick, unless teams go QB crazy again. Drake looks like either 4-3 edge or 3-4 OLB.

Like a monster DE who is explosive, powerful, can stack up the run, seal the edge and is, well feared. Harrison is that guy, but don’t see him lasting to Chargers. Reminds me of Jason Pierre-Paul.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Excellent as always. Kayvon is top 5 pick, unless teams go QB crazy again. Drake looks like either 4-3 edge or 3-4 OLB.

Like a monster DE who is explosive, powerful, can stack up the run, seal the edge and is, well feared. Harrison is that guy, but don’t see him lasting to Chargers. Reminds me of Jason Pierre-Paul.
      I love Mafe out of UMN. Dude is an athletic freak. If he improves his passrush arsenal this season look out.
      Karlaftis is a monster.
      Big10 is loaded with EDGE talent.

Jackson is relentless. He has a loaded PR arsenal, twitched up get off, plays the run stout, and finishes behind the LOS.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I love Mafe out of UMN. Dude is an athletic freak. If he improves his passrush arsenal this season look out.
        Karlaftis is a monster.
        Big10 is loaded with EDGE talent.

Jackson is relentless. He has a loaded PR arsenal, twitched up get off, plays the run stout, and finishes behind the LOS.
        Karlaftis would be most likely option available too where Chargers slotted in 2022 Draft. I’d be good with that.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Loving the draft thoughts.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

This may be the most athletic big-man training move I’ve seen……..

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

This may be the most athletic big-man training move I’ve seen…….
                prolly my fave guy in this year's draft, and.... far and away the most talented lineman since the guy/guard that went to Indiana,
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

prolly my fave guy in this year's draft, and.... far and away the most talented lineman since the guy/guard that went to Indiana,
                  I still see a lumbering vertical mover in the run game. He should get way more push and dominate 1v1s.
                  His pass sets are superb however. He uses his length, punch timing/location, and moves more freely going in reverse. His size, strength, length make him near impossible to run the arc on, bull, or dip inside.
                  I’ll be looking for some dominant 2021 tape in his run game execution.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I still see a lumbering vertical mover in the run game. He should get way more push and dominate 1v1s.
                    His pass sets are superb however. He uses his length, punch timing/location, and moves more freely going in reverse. His size, strength, length make him near impossible to run the arc on, bull, or dip inside.
                    I’ll be looking for some dominant 2021 tape in his run game execution.
                    At one point, Neal tipped the scales at 390 pounds. This prompted NFL offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga to tell a trainer at IMG that he wouldn’t draft him if he were an NFL team.

He reminds me of: Marcus McNeill. I couldn't find a more current comp for Neal. I see some similarities to Orlando Brown, but Neal is a little quicker, while Brown plays with better balance and patience. McNeill was an enormous tackle coming out of Auburn. He wasn't an ideal bender, but he had foot quickness and understood how to use his long arms to keep defenders off his chest. He had a very solid six-year run as a left tackle in San Diego, making a pair of Pro Bowls for the Chargers. I see Neal more as a right tackle, but some teams might give him a shot on the left side.
                    https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-evan-neal-alabama-s-gargantuan-offensive-tackle-brings-high-pedigree-ra
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Agree, his best comp is Orlando Brown. Just don’t let him workout on his pro day without a shirt, or it could cause him to slide, or hell yeah, take off that shirt and slip down to the Chargers in the 2nd/3rd rd. :ml:
                      Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 07-22-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

I havent watched any tape, but what about McKinnie as a comp? He wasn't the quickest but it didn't matter.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                          Never too soon to talk the next draft.
                          Early thoughts on the top 3 picks.
                          Corner, RT, and Edge to replace Harris, Bulaga, Nwosu hopefully as starters.
                          This assuming Palmer meets expectations.
                          think there are other position groups that are just as important, as wary of drafting based on premium positions and/or based on needs, and so.... would focus on positions that ensure we maximize our gifts in Herbert, i.e. WR, TE and RB, along w/OG if you move Feiler in @RT.

also would like me some ILB as Drue is not a starting LB in my makeup of choice.... also think our CHJ 2.0 is already on the roster w/ASJ.
                          re: Edge, am guessing we get one in FA and then another via the draft.... ?? and, as always.... am always on the lookout for Dlinemen.

Corner * hard not to come away w/someone from this draft as like Josh Jobe, Coby Bryant and Derion Kendrick.... other names include Tre'Vius Hodges Tomlinson, Jack Jones, Derek Stingley and Martin Emerson.

RT * unless Evan Neal drops and falls in your lap, don't think Daniel Faalele is worth counting on, for the if and when you might draft him, as think the more likely move is to move Feiler to the other side of the line, from left to right.

Edge * personally like the likes of a Brenton Cox and/or Boye Mafe, along w/Zion Tupuola Fetui, if he for some reason comes out despite his injury, and would be looking @FA as well.

@OG Zion Johnson is the guy I'm looking @for starters.

don't have an RB yet, but do very much like the either of Garrett Wilson or George Pickens round one if they are still on the board, and not sure we'd have a shot @TE Cade Otton round two ??

have mentioned the Dlinemen I like, w/the likes of Zaach Pickens, Demetrius Taylor, Tuli Letligasenoa and/or Keenan Stewart.

got the one guy @LB in Palaie Gaoteote, and am keeping Kyle Hamilton in my cluster regardless that some think he's good enough to go one overall.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍