• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

The 2021 Draft “I told you so” thread

We all had our favorite prospects, guys we defended tooth and nail prior to the draft. We also had our busts.

The object of this thread is to track those guys. It’s basically the “I told you so” thread.

For example, Elijah Molden and Jay Tufele were a couple of my guys. Ninja liked Walker Little and Ifeatu Melifonwu. Beach loved Erik Stokes and Trey Smith.

This is the thread where you get to tell TT what’s up.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

So far, I see you & I had a lively back and forth re Darrisaw.
    I told you so.

If we had drafted Darrisaw,
    him and Pipkins would have had competition over who's the "charminest."

Will find more draft posts soon...busy AF @ work.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    Ben Herbert

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      So far, I see you & I had a lively back and forth re Darrisaw.
      I told you so.

If we had drafted Darrisaw,
      him and Pipkins would have had competition over who's the "charminest."

Will find more draft posts soon...busy AF @ work.
      Availability is Darrisaw’s concern now, not talent. The goofy goober shall be revisited upon better health.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

My list of guys drafted higher than I expected include:
        Tyson Campbell
        Leatherwood
        Toney
        Kelvin Joseph

I also maintain the strong conviction that Zach Wilson will bust, and Davis Mills will surprise some folks.

My “guys” in the pre-draft process include:
        Darrisaw (who I feel was drafted somewhat appropriately—see the big board thread. Had him at #28.)
        Elijah Molden
        Odighizuwa
        Tufele
        St-Juste
        Gainwell
        Stokes

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Dude, we may both be flat out wrong on Z Wilson.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Dude, we may both be flat out wrong on Z Wilson.
            My intuition tells me he’ll be fine, even good, until he takes a few “welcome to the NFL, kid” type of hits. I’m forecasting an incoming case of severe happy feet somewhere around week 5-6.

If he shows toughness and resilience, I’d be shocked. I just don’t see it in his middle school-looking face.

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
              My list of guys drafted higher than I expected include:
              Tyson Campbell
              Leatherwood
              Toney
              Kelvin Joseph

I also maintain the strong conviction that Zach Wilson will bust, and Davis Mills will surprise some folks.

My “guys” in the pre-draft process include:
              Darrisaw (who I feel was drafted somewhat appropriately—see the big board thread. Had him at #28.)
              Elijah Molden
              Odighizuwa
              Tufele
              St-Juste
              Gainwell
              Stokes
              Bit early to critique draft picks, but I suppose we are getting some good hints w/some players.
              • I was another of those not real high on Darrisaw...wanted Slater baaad
              • As someone who still follows Cowboys and their forum: I eviscerated the Kelvin Joseph selection. So far he's been mediocre. Doesn't look ready.
              • Odighizuwa might be a solid pick. He looks to be in DT rotation. Cowboys best DT is out for a month
              • I was pleading here for Chargers to trade up and draft hybrid Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, in middle second round. Browns got him @52 and he's looked good so far.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Bit early to critique draft picks, but I suppose we are getting some good hints w/some players.
                • I was another of those not real high on Darrisaw...wanted Slater baaad
                • As someone who still follows Cowboys and their forum: I eviscerated the Kelvin Joseph selection. So far he's been mediocre. Doesn't look ready.
                • Odighizuwa might be a solid pick. He looks to be in DT rotation. Cowboys best DT is out for a month
                • I was pleading here for Chargers to trade up and draft hybrid Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, in middle second round. Browns got him @52 and he's looked good so far.
                JOK is a fine player. I gave him a 2nd round grade. But honestly, the last thing we need right now is another ILB. We have 3 quality ILBs and when we go nickel/dime, which might be often, only 1 (maybe 2) will be on the field. We have depth there.

I had Slater ranked as the 5th overall prospect, so yeah, I’m ecstatic to get him. Darrisaw came with concerns, mostly urgency-related, but apparently this core muscle thing is more severe than anyone thought. He’s slated for another procedure.

Joseph looked way too raw, IMO. Not to mention the immaturity issues.

Odighizuwa looks like a baller. Glad to see he’ll get into the mix early.

Overall, I’m happy with our draft, though I must admit, Asante doesn’t seem to have an NFL body. His shoulder pads are barely wider than his helmet. But his dad stayed relatively healthy, so I guess his stock is sturdy.

My only real gripe is picking McKitty when Elijah Molden was on the board. Considering CHJ’s age and health, nickel is a position of need.

Comment

• DragonIce
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2021
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

JOK is a fine player. I gave him a 2nd round grade. But honestly, the last thing we need right now is another ILB. We have 3 quality ILBs and when we go nickel/dime, which might be often, only 1 (maybe 2) will be on the field. We have depth there.
                  I hear that, but Jimmy Johnsons' influence on me persists. Playmakers...can't ever have too many. And JOK is going to be one.

Joseph looked way too raw, IMO. Not to mention the immaturity issues.
                  Dallas is a moth to the flame when it comes to problem cases. If he ever becomes a starter the kid will grow an attitude or screw something up.

Overall, I’m happy with our draft, though I must admit, Asante doesn’t seem to have an NFL body. His shoulder pads are barely wider than his helmet. But his dad stayed relatively healthy, so I guess his stock is sturdy.

My only real gripe is picking McKitty when Elijah Molden was on the board. Considering CHJ’s age and health, nickel is a position of need.
                  Agree on all points. Molden had monster preseason game.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I hear that, but Jimmy Johnsons' influence on me persists. Playmakers...can't ever have too many. And JOK is going to be one.

Dallas is a moth to the flame when it comes to problem cases. If he ever becomes a starter the kid will grow an attitude or screw something up.

Agree on all points. Molden had monster preseason game.
                    Molden had a slow Forty, but truly elite instincts.

Once upon a time Jerrah was patting himself on the back over Jaylon Smith.

TPB was jonesin' for Leighton Vander Esch.

It's crazy.
                    Ben Herbert

Comment

• DragonIce
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

Once upon a time Jerrah was patting himself on the back over Jaylon Smith.
                      Jerry has quite a history of trying to find a great player that is discounted due to injury, or character problems.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

I’ll add two players that I was hyped about before the draft:

Josh Imatorbhebhe — already waived by the Jags.

Simi Fehoko — 6 rec, 56 yds over 3 preseason games. Seems like he’ll get in the mix for the Cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                        X