Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I respect your confidence in Feiler at RT, but I just don’t see it. He’s doing the job we brought him in to do, and he’s doing it well. He’s not getting any younger (30 next fall) and edge players are getting faster and more dynamic. I’d like to see us invest in a serious DUDE who’ll solidify the right side for the foreseeable future.
    I concur. This is what I see as the best path forward.
    CB is a position I will be targeting in FA as well with IDL, IOL, and possibly RB and WR/RS.
    EDGE and OT as priorities in the draft early. Plenty of depth prospects to add on day 3.
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-04-2021, 11:24 AM.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

I respect your confidence in Feiler at RT, but I just don’t see it. He’s doing the job we brought him in to do, and he’s doing it well. He’s not getting any younger (30 next fall) and edge players are getting faster and more dynamic. I’d like to see us invest in a serious DUDE who’ll solidify the right side for the foreseeable future.
      know you guys see players you like @RT, but aside from Evan Neal, I don't, or.... @least I like the IOL players much more, along w/a coupla wideouts round one.

I def do not like to draft for/by position, as for my money would much prefer Linderbaum and/or Zion Nelson as opposed to Faalele later, and then rather to move Feiler over to RT, as I don't think it's a fair shake to say he won't succeed over there, and.... putting a first rounder next to Slater is a fairly safe bet as well.

and not sure how the dollars might shake out, but there may be an OT or two in FA as well, as again much preferred to pair one of them w/the early talent in the draft for the IOL.

will also add that I don't see the guy/guard in FA that would be the guy, nor do I see IOL guys later in the draft, outside of Sills and Dawson Deaton, who are not the guys I want instead of Linderbaum and/or Zion.
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

know you guys see players you like @RT, but aside from Evan Neal, I don't, or.... @least I like the IOL players much more, along w/a coupla wideouts round one.

I def do not like to draft for/by position, as for my money would much prefer Linderbaum and/or Zion Nelson as opposed to Faalele later, and then rather to move Feiler over to RT, as I don't think it's a fair shake to say he won't succeed over there, and.... putting a first rounder next to Slater is a fairly safe bet as well.

and not sure how the dollars might shake out, but there may be an OT or two in FA as well, as again much preferred to pair one of them w/the early talent in the draft for the IOL.

will also add that I don't see the guy/guard in FA that would be the guy, nor do I see IOL guys later in the draft, outside of Sills and Dawson Deaton, who are not the guys I want instead of Linderbaum and/or Zion.
        I wasn’t too high on Faalele either. Thought he had a R2-R3 grade at the highest. But that was before I watched his tape against Karlaftis this year. Have you seen it?

George definitely won a few reps, but never outright and never put the QB in serious jeopardy. Faalele still has some polishing to do, but man, he more than handled his own. Karlaftis is a future all-pro and Faalele manned him with almost entirely with positioning and brute strength.

There are a lot of good OT prospects in this draft. Neal is one of them, but I don’t think he’s as good as people think.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Same here... although I do like Charles Cross.
          I see IOL players in the 3rd that I like... guys good enough to start immediately.
          I'm starting to lean OLB/CB/WR in the 1st/2nd round.

We'll have to see what TT does in FA. WR or IOL may be addressed in FA.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I was super excited to get Feiler this off-season. I think the timing was indicative... Start next to the rookie LT in year 1 as he gets stabilized (check). Slide to RT the 2nd year as Bulaga's cap hit becomes easily manageable. You can't discount the fact that Feiler has more career snaps at RT than he does LG.
            Once you get past 1st round OT's in the draft, it gets a little dicey, historically. Last year's OT draft class was the exception. Still a number of 2nd/3rd round OT's from last year that haven't seen the field. Is that the position that we want to be in with Herbie's contract (year 3)...? Developing at RT...?

I'll take the bird in the hand...

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Here is my roster build after Q2……

IN HOUSE MOVES -< RETENTIONS >
              • KYLER FACKRELL (EDGE), NWOSU (EDGE), SCOTT QUESSENBERRY (IOL)
              • KEY - ERFA / RFA - All ERFA/RFA Will Be Resigned
              • *DONALD PARHAM (TE), ^JALEN GUYTON (WR), JASON MOORE (WR)
              • JOE GAZIANO (IDL), BRENDEN FEHOKO (IDL),
              • ~TRISTAN VISCAINO (PK)

- EXTENSIONS -

- TRADE CANDIDATES -

- JERRY TILLERY (PRS/DT), TREY PIPKINS (OL)

- NOT RETAINED / CUT -

- CHRIS HARRIS JR (DB), JUSTIN JACKSON (RB), JARED COOK (TE)

- LINVAL JOSEPH (IDL), CHRISTIAN COVINGTON (IDL), CHASE DANIEL (QB)

- BRYAN BULAGA (OT) = $11.25 CAP SAVING

- FREE AGENCY TARGETS -

, *FOLEY FATUKASI (NT/IDL),

*TIM SETTLE (NT/IDL),

*LARRY OGUNJOBI (IDL), *DJ JONES (IDL), ^MALIEK COLLINS (IDL),

~VERNON BUTLER (NT/IDL), ~T. BRYAN (IDL)

, *JC JACKSON (PCB), *ANTHONY AVERETT (CB),

*DANE CRUIKSHANK (DB), *DONTE JACKSON (CB), ^MIKE HUGHES (DB/KR),

^FABIAN MOREAU (CB), ^AVANTE MADDOX (DB)

- *EMMANUEL OGBAH (EDGE), ^DEREK BARNETTE (EDGE),

, TAKKARIST MCKINLEY (EDGE)

- *OJ HOWARD (TE), ^JESSE JAMES (TE)

- *CHRISTIAN KIRK (WR/RS), ^JAKEEM GRANT (RS/WR), *~DJ CHARK (WR)

^CEDRICK WILSON (WR), ^CORDELL PATERSON (RS/WR/OW),

^BYRON PRINGLE (WR/RS),

, *TERRON ARMSTEAD (OT), ^GERON CHRISTIAN (OT),

~WILL RICHARDSON (ORT)

- **WYATT TELLER (OG), *AUSTIN CORBETT (IOL), *BRADLEY BOZEMAN (IOL),

, *ALEX CAPPA (OG), *CONNOR WILLIAMS (OG),

^ETHAN POCIC (IOL)

- *LEONARD FOURNETTE (RB), *MARLON MACK (RB). *~RASHAD PENNY (RB/RS)

^JAMES CONNOR (RB), ^RONALD JONES II (RB)

CURRENT PROJECTED FA RECAP

- IN-HOUSE RETENTIONS

- TARGETED UFA

- PROJECTED DRAFT TARGETS -
              • Early clusters by round(s) that I’m projecting as scheme, team, organization fits that are currently graded as round specific prospects based on my rating system’s previous results.
              • I will add to/adjust clusters each quarter of the season.
              • Prospects may rise/fall as more film is watched.
              • Prospect evaluations will not be complete until game film is dissected, history is researched, and bowl games, all-star games, combine, pro days are complete. I try to use all information available before completing prospect evals.
              • This is their current round(s) grade.

- 1st -

AIDAN HUTCHINSON (EDGE) UMI - SR - 6’6’’ / 265#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER/PLAYMAKER, impressive athlete, ideal traits size/length/explosion/motor/technique/IQ, great first 2-steps, converts S2P w/impressive get-off, full quiver in his PR Arsenal, hand usage is stellar, wins leverage battles, elite contact balance, stout EDGE setter/physical run support, uses length/power to stack/shed/disengage/make plays, disciplined in pursuit, finishes opportunities, would be a true GAME CHANGER opposite Bosa

GEORGE KARLAFTIS (EDGE/IPR) PUR - JR - 6’4’’ / 275#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER/PLAYMAKER, intelligent physical technician, disrupter at POA, outstanding hand usage, extremely powerful, consistently wins leverage battles, position flexible, controlled relentless aggression play style, explosive at snap, full passrush arsenal, amazing stunt timing, wins effort battles-converts into negative plays, athleticism to drop/play zone coverages, advanced disengagement skills, FINISHER, will be IMPACT EDGE and disruptive passing situation IPR, George fills multiple Bolt needs

NICHOLAS PETIT-FRERE (OT) OHST - RJR - 6’5’’ / 315#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER, very balanced/strong/aware outstanding athlete, superior punch timing/location, controls reps early, vice-like grip strength, elite mirroring agility, kick/slide/power steps are smooth, patient/relaxed pass sets, easily performs reach/scoop/2nd level/pulls/quick screen blocks, great COD agility/strike timing to pick up delayed blitzers, lives by “hands inside wins” mentality, changes running lanes w/powerful down blocks, creases become alleys, stout/low anchor, agility/athleticism to protect 10-yd ARC, young bookend B1G OTs for JH10

TREYLON BURKS (WR/OW) UAR - JR - 6’3’’ / 225#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER/PLAYMAKER, incredibly big/FAST/physical athlete, explosive burst/elite long speed, hawk-like ball tracking, crazy contact balance, unstoppable at the CP, big time RAC producer, point producer, unbelievable body control/contact balance/spatial awareness, huge soft catching mitts for hands, plays w/LB mentality, near complete route tree, route stems need improvement, “MINE” attitude on contested catch opportunities, wins at all levels, too big/strong for most CB to handle 1v1, matchup nightmare, Chargers WR Core of Allen, MikeDub, Burks, Palmer would be lethal

DAXTON HILL (DB/DW) UMI - JR - 6’ / 195#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER/PLAYMAKER, ultra athletic freak with
              + speed/burst/size/COD agility, thumper’s mentality, complete DB group versatility/play all positions at high lvl, adds + value w/ true CB versatility, ELITE speed/acceleration/burst, competitive @CP, physical in run game, possesses both ballskills/ball disruption skills, fundamentally sound tackler, produces STOPS in space, screen game destroyer, ascending supreme talent with work ethic/High End IQ/ELITE athleticism/physicality

IKEM EKWONU (OL) NCST - JR - 6’5’’ / 325#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER, kodiak w/active feet, godlike core body strength, soul taking punch power, enormous paws that snatch defenders, relaxed/patient in kick/glide steps, superb quick/jump set mechanics, punch location is inconsistent, tidal wave results from down blocks, agility to hit moving targets at 2nd lvl/in space, over aggressive in stretch/scoop/2nd lvl blocks too often, solid stunt reco/pass off communications, immovable anchor, drive power comes from hip torque, needs to continue to improve bend flexibility, raw as OT but skillset is obvious/floor ProBowl OG, possesses agility/athleticism to protect 10 yard ARC

OT - https://youtu.be/Qp7d0P8ecPA

OG - https://youtu.be/gzO5nAtf2qY

JORDAN DAVIS (NT/IDL) UGA - SR - 6’6’’ / 340#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER, mammoth human being with quality athleticism, strength/size/length are elite, physicality evident @POA, resets LOS consistently, surprising COD agility/tackling range, huge tackling/lane coverage radius, excels in either 1 or 2 gap systems, immediate full stop anchor, high end motor when fresh, pocket destroyer w/ bullrush, PR arsenal is limited but effective w/ abundant growth opportunities, physically dominant inside monster

AHMAD “SUACE” GARDNER (CB) UC - JR - 6’3’’ / 200#

-ELITE PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, long/FAST/physical/nasty athlete on the perimeter, #1CB as a movement matchup chess piece, HUNTER mindset w/ball in the air, TO producer, physical in press, easy mirroring COD agility/balance/lower body flexibility, enjoys contact from tackling, tackling fundamentals need refinement, understands/attacks route concepts, aggressive on initial route breaks, possesses great closing burst/speed, anticipates entire route concepts develop in off-zone, patiently aggressive in zone schemes

CALIJAH KANCEY (IDL) PITT - RSO - 6’ / 275#

-ELITE PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, lightning QUICK/all day powerful/exploits natural leverage, explosive 1st-step/quick 2nd-3rd, converts quick/explosive S2P, comic book power in hand strikes, obvious wrestling background, ELITE hand usage/full PR arsenal (deadly spin,quick wrist snatch, single-double 1&2 arm swipes, hesitation step-slap-bull, shoulder strike-elbow lift-dip-rip, shoulder snatch-1 arm post drive, more), strength/leverage/flexibility/quickness to counter doubles, draws double/triple teams, pocket disrupter, relentless pursuit/finishing motor

- 2ND -

BREECE HALL (RB/OW) ISU - JR - 6’1’’ / 220#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER/PLAYMAKER, big/powerful/smart STUD athlete w/tremendous vision/burst/cutting agility/speed, elite contact balance, acceleration/burst to gain edge/speed to gain EZ, naturally balanced base in running style, the WILL to gain extra yardage, understands blitz pickups/executes protections, reliable/productive receiver, explodes through tiny creases, deceptive with patience in setting up screens/blocking angles, busts TKL attempts/multiple defenders to bring down, impressive ball security, chain mover/point scorer/offensive engine

ZION JOHNSON (IOL) BC - RSR - 6’3’’ / 315#

-ELITE PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER, exceptional athletic profile w/IQ to match, cat-quick movement skills, technically impeccable, incredible flexibility in lower body, power in hands/hips/core/legs, massively displaces defenders in run game, physical phone booth pugilist, unrelenting grip strength, impressive mirroring agility, easily reaches 2nd/3rd lvls, flawless hands/feet techniques, quick/stout anchor, devastating screen blocker in space, kick/glide/power steps work together seamlessly, wrestling leverage apparent, position flexibility to cover all 5 OL positions/best as IOL

JAQUAN BRISKER (DB) PSU - SR - 6’1’’ / 210#

-IMPACT PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, ideal package of size/speed/IQ/athleticism/passion/instincts/ballskills, diverse in position flexibility DS/STAR/MONEY, excellent COD agility, sees entire route concepts unfolding when in deep 1/2 or single high, explosive downhill thumper in run support, fills lanes w/deliberate controlled violence, excellent angles in run support, great feel,in zone coverages, shows advanced route recognition, mirroring ability evident over slot, disruptive @CP, produces stops/TO, skillset suits both man or zone schemes

PERRION WINFREY (IDL) OU - SR - 6’4’’ / 305#

-IMPACT PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, warrior with elite quickness/physicality/athleticism/hand disruption skills, decisively wins 1v1 early in rep at a +60% on 3rd down passrush opportunities, explosive @snap, hand strikes/counters put opponent on defensive/causes opponent balance issues, plays on opponent side of LOS, can get dislodged on power doubles/combo blocks-possesses skillset to defeat-technique must improve, creates disruption/TFL/QB pressure/blocking scheme mistakes/pocket destruction, 3-down IDL prospect w/starter floor

MYRON CUNNINGHAM (OT) UAR - RSR - 6’6’’ / 325#

-IMPACT PROSPECT, ideal physical traits, physical bully with controlled aggressive play style, large human/length/proportionate body mass distribution/POWER/solid mechanics-fundamentals, athleticism/length allow for ability to perform reach/scoop/fold/pull/screen blocks, forceful down/2nd lvl blocker, mashes POA/creates alleys instead of creases, squares up 2nd lvl opponents, jarring punch w/consistently solid landing locations, kick/glide steps are solid, power step has improved/still needs development, needs to use other pass sets/angles more often, significant improvements YOY, athleticism/agility to protect 10-yard ARC

ZONOVAN KNIGHT (RB/OW/RS) NCST - JR - 5’11’’ / 210#

-IMPACT PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER/PLAYMAKER, speed/vision/explosive/speed merchant/dynamic agility-cutting ability/produces in all 3 phases, dime cutter, “juke”box hero, arm breaker/chain mover/impact driver/spark igniter/TD maker, rarely gets squared up, produces positive outcomes on broken plays, matchup nightmare, 1v1 winner, explosive burst to get corner/angle/end zone, understands protections/blitz pickups/chips, complete route tree, breaks tackles w/ elite contact balance/stiff-arm, 1 defender rarely brings him down, +value as KR, needs work on route stems

TREVOR PENNING (OT) UNI - RSR - 6’7” / 329# / A=34 7/8” / H=10 1/8”

-IMPACT PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER, massive powerful physical monster, ideal traits/measurables/motor/attitude, NASTY FINISHER completely thru whistle, IHOP server, choppy yet fluid movement skills, excellent mirroring agility, technically sound footwork in both phases, stout lockout anchor/needs to set earlier in rep, King Kong grip strength, knee bender that controls arc angles, agility/athleticism to protect 10-yd ARC, needs to play more under control/can lead to balance issues, needs to improve overall flexibility/inside punch location consistency to control NFL EDGE players, FCS level of competition must be questioned, performed exceptional in limited opportunities against FBS opponents, want to see him at post season all-star game to finish evaluation

ZYON MCCOLLUM (DB) SHSU - RSR - 6’4” / 200#

-IMPACT PROSPECT, GAME CHANGER/PLAYMAKER, incredible athlete, big/long/fast/high IQ,physical tackler/BIG hitter, executes edge contain responsibilities with physical vigor, attacks carrier/ball as single unit, loose hips/ankles allow easy transition breaks, anticipation/pounce skills, click/plant from peddle, better facing than chasing, HIGH IQ, experienced 5yr starter, understands route concepts, disruptive @CP, turnover machine, relentless work ethic, coach on the field, FCS level of competition has to be questioned, want to see him in a post-season all-star game to finish evaluation

BOYE MAFE (EDGE) UMN - RSR - 6’4’’ / 265#

-IMPACT PROSPECT/PLAYMAKER, explosive/relentless/high IQ athlete, frame is maxed/shredded/NFL ready, powerful strong/active hands at POA/keeps the intensity throughout the progression of his rushes to get off blocks, incredible S2P production, ultra quick first 2/3 steps up the ARC, solid/intense EDGE setter/keeps outside arm free, crashes inside zones, collapses pocket/gap assignment, limited but ascending PR arsenal/physical-mental skillset to completely fill, wins effort pressures/sacks,

stacks/shreds/rag-dolls/finishes, just scratching his skillset surface, needs professional coaching to unlock his full toolbox

PHIDARIAN MATHIS (IDL) UAL - RSR - 6’4’’ / 315#

-IMPACT PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, big/quick/+ physicality/+ IQ, powerful 1 or 2 gap dominator, full stop anchor/low center of gravity/elite contact balance, menacing hand strikes that dislodge/disrupt/shock opponents in both phases, plays controlled all-out style, PR arsenal has promise (bull/push-pull/push-slap-spin/quick hand-shoulder snatch)/PR arsenal needs refinement, length allows for ability to stack/shed/disengage, flexibility allow massive power transfer to create a new LOS/bend-flatten, stout & disruptive @POA, outstanding stunt timing, flashes quickness to gain EDGE and half-man inside

- 3RD -

JOHN RIDGEWAY (NT/IDL) UAR/ILST - RSR - 6’5” / 325#

-IMPACT PROSPECT, intelligent, powerful, quick, big, physical, country strong, dominate run defender, shows impressive potential as IPR, multiple weapons in his PR Arsenal, pocket destroyer, gets skinny on doubles, needs to set anchor earlier when standing up doubles, excellent lateral agility/hip flexibility, huge tackling radius, relentless in pursuit/effort, played at ILST previously

KINGSLEY ENAGBARE (EDGE) U.S.C. - SR - 6’4’’ / 265#
              - physical/multi-role/explosive/aggressive prospect with a tireless motor, physical edge setter in run game, athletic/fluid/easy arc bender, outstanding hip/lower body flexibility, PR arsenal is under developed, abundant shock power in his hand strikes/location inconsistent, comfortable in zone drops, rush fundamentals need refinement, upside talent = all-pro/unrealized = rotational player

TRAVIS JONES (NT/IDL) UCT - RSR - 6’4’’ / 333#
              - first off the bus physical package, huge human with kodiak power/strength, devastation created w/handstrike power, pocket enveloper, impressive COD agility/pursuit lane closing, doubles are useless, wrestling background is obvious, lower body strength makes anchor impenetrable, lvl of competition limited challenges, want to see in post season all-star game to finish evaluation

CARTER WARREN (OT) PITT - RSR - 6’5’’ / 320#
              -IMPACT PROSPECT, experienced tactician, power/length/high IQ, uses variety of sets/tactics - quick sets/jump sets/kick-glide-power steps/slap-jerk/trap, uses leverage power as drive blocker, creates movement/lanes @POA, quick/deep anchor, accurate punch location, solid grip strength, great movement skills allows for complete blocking profile, plays as outside ORT/TE when PITT goes unbalanced, needs to improve core strength profile

COBY BRYANT (DB) UC - RSR - 6’1’’ / 198#
              -IMPACT PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, ideal physical package with mental game to match, elite burst/instincts/ballskills/disruption skills, produces TOs/STOPS/points, fundamental tackler, physical outside/in run support, combative @CP, understands/anticipates route concepts, competitive in press, instincts/vision lead to success in variety of zone coverages, best in off-zone where his vision/instincts/IQ/burst/ballskills are all on display, perfect Staley scheme fit

RASHEED WALKER (OT) PSU - RJR - 6’6’’ / 325#
              -first off the bus dude, high end athleticism, ideal length/size/reach, physical in run game/too passive in passpro, power/aggression/physicality dislodge/uproot defenders in run game, athleticism to perform any blocking concepts, dancer’s feet, kick/glide steps are quick/lite, outstanding mirroring COD agility, protection angles are inconsistent/awful, inaccurate punch causes reach negation/balance issues, grip strength is questionable

AUSTIN STOGNER (TE) OU - JR - 6’6’’ / 260#
              -ideal physical profile, growing route tree, vacuum hands, huge catch radius, solid RAC skills/production, Redzone weapon, excellent tight/slot/wide release skills, finds/exploits holes in zone coverages, point scorer/chain mover, positional blocker, blocking fundamentals still work in progress, overall core strength profile must be developed

JAYDEN PEEVY (IDL) TAMU - RSR - 6’6’’ / 315#
              -IMPACT PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, physical, all-day strong, solid COD movement agility, big motor, outstanding hip flexibility to generate stopping power/disruptive penetration, limited passrush arsenal/traits to dramatically improve, dominates doubles w/physicality, length to stack/push/shed, plays w/wide base, finishes tackle opportunities, plays a physical/smart/relentless brand of football

SEVYN BANKS (PCB) OHST - SR - 6’1’’ / 200# - missed time/playing injured
              -ultra athletic profile, skill loaded physical/mental package,elite +speed/burst/length/+explosion/agility, aggressive w/multiple press techniques, dominate @CP, excels in off press/man coverages, great inside out vision through QB, physical in run support, needs better tackling technique (leg cutter), losses contact on in-breaks at TOR too often

LUCAS KRULL (TE) PITT/FSU - RSR - 6’6’’ / 260#
              -IMPACT PROSPECT, PLAYMAKER, dynamic athletic profile with speed/length/catch radius/physicality, seem splitter w/ true speed, route tree/stems are effective, plays in-line/flexed/move, unfazed by congested catch opportunities, physical @CP/RAC, Redzone weapon, mashes defenders @POA in run game, plays as OLT(holds up in protection) in PITT’s unbalanced set, very strong/dependable hands, under utilized previously @FSU

CADE MAYS (OL) UTN - SR - 6’6’’ / 325#
              -STARTER PROSPECT, big/physical/mauler w/fantastic technique, moves people/piles until whistle, patient in his glidestep/kickstep covers ground/powerstep locks down inside counters, excels as a quick/jump setter, solid base/stout anchor, clamp like grip strength, punch power/location needs improvements, wide angles on deep QB drops are challenging, excellent down/combo/pull blocker, easily connects to 2nd/3rd lvl targets, squares up defender when coming through hole, position versatility as could excel inside and OT, length limitations

-4TH / 5TH -

BERNHARD RAIMANN (OT) CMU - SR - 6’7’’ / 310#

-HS foreign exchange student that excelled at football immediately, former H.S. TE, easy mover with physicality, length/feet work in unison, raw but technique is advanced for only 3 years playing OT, clunk in kickstep but correctable, strong power/glide steps, excellent grip strength, efficient as a quick setter, picks off 2nd lvl defenders w/ease, agility/athleticism to protect 10-yd ARC, must improve overall strength profile

SAM WILLIAMS (EDGE) UMS - RSR - 6’4’’ / 260#
              -PLAYMAKER, JUCO kid that has a fantastic work ethic, big time athletic profile, explosive first 2-steps, good EDGE setter, relentless in pursuit, limited PR Arsenal but ascending(spin/long-arm post/swipe-swim), good in zone drops/coverage, aware and communicates pass-offs

JEQUEZ EZZARD (WR/RS) SHSU - RSR - 5’10’’ / 195#
              -PLAYMAKER, stupid physical skills in speed/start/stop/burst/COD agility/acceleration, dime cutter, RS wizard, RAC all day, threat to score w/every touch, secure dependable hands, limited route tree exposure, physical runner that is as likely to run through a defender as juke him

THAYER MUNFORD (OL) OHST - SR - 6’6’’ / 320#
              -experienced behemoth that is position flexible, strong/physical w/solid fundamentals, solid athletic profile, better in phone booth than in space, powerful drive/combo/zone movement blocker, stout anchor but late to sit down, balance is dismal when overextended after missing punch (weight forward), vice like grip strength, always looking for work, plays with a nasty disposition

AMARE BARNO (EDGE) VT - RSR - 6’6’’ / 240#
              -PLAYMAKER, elite athletic profile, length for days, burst/instant acceleration to gain corner, tremendous balance/flexibility/agility to bend ARC/close rush angles, frame to add mass, must increase core strength profile, uses length to disengage, huge tackling radius, comfortable in zone drops, physicality “want to” shows up in flashes

D’VONTE PRICE (RB) FIU - RSR - 6’1’’ / 215#
              -PLAYMAKER, smart/big/physical runner with breakaway speed, outstanding vision, acceleration on demand, dime cutter, solid contact balance, patient in setting up blocks, physical in passpro, late bloomer, shot put stiff arm, solid hands with limited opportunities, has KO return experience

DANIEL BARKER (TE) UIL - SR - 6’4’’ / 250#
              -dual threat prospect, physicality present in both phases, extend catch radius, excellent in-line release skills, route stem create separation, has enough gas to vertically threaten seems, good not great hands, understands/executes inside hands win reps, holds up 1v1 in passpro, works combo blocks to 2nd lvl

JEFFREY GUNTER (EDGE) CCU - RSR - 6’4’’ / 260#
              -PLAYMAKER, disruptive/stout/finisher, sets a strong condensing edge, plays with stellar leverage/awareness/motor, shock in hands/needs to develop hand fighting skills, great pursuit angles, burst/speed to gain angle on ARC, flexibility to flatten/extend/finish, PR arsenal is limited/needs developed, improve core strength profile

DANNY GRAY (WR/RS) SMU - SR - 6’1’’ / 195#
              -PLAYMAKER, elite speed/COD agility/burst/explosion , RAC monster, limited route tree/solid stems, explosive dime cuts, awesome core strength/leg drive, breaks arm/weak tkl attempts, homerun threat from screens to verticals, needs development reading coverages/finding zone holes/route tree, + value on ST/return game

ISAIAH POLA-MAO (DS) USC - RSR - 6’3’’ / 210#
              -PLAYMAKER, +physical package of size/athleticism/IQ/range, fundamentals/impact tkling, excellent angles on run support/lane fills, impact disrupter @CP,
              + ballskills, outstanding centerfield range, high end route concept knowledge/understanding, TO producer/drive ender/stop producer, limited M2M skillset,
              plays the ball as “mine” @CP

COREY DURDEN (NT/IDL) NCST/FSU - RSR - 6’4’’ / 320#
              -big/physical/interior wrecker, quick for big dude/wins often off first 2-steps, active hands that are only mildly effective/needs work-refinement to enhance overall effectiveness, loaded PR arsenal (speed bull/1-arm post/club-swim/power hip toss),
              strong base/stout anchor/resets anchor, stones/splits doubles, can get turned/sealed on down angles

ALONTAE TAYLOR (DB) UTN - RSR - 6’1’’ / 196#
              -tremendous athletic profile, willing physical tackler, incredible recovery burst, superior hip flexibility, solid COD agility, inconsistent/has improved year over year, great ballskills, big upside but gamble on his athletic traits, staff will have insight with our contacts/history at UTN.

- 6TH / 7TH / UDFA -

TYRONNE TRUESDALE (NT/IDL) AUB - RSR - 6’2’’ / 326#

-uber strong, physicality evident every play, limited athletic profile, motor/effort never an issue, short arms = limited tackling radius/difficult turning-slipping doubles, stout single gap prospect

TY CHANDLER (RB/RS) UNC/TENN - RSR - 6’ / 210#
              -twitchy quick cuts, enough power to break arm tackles, + speed, defeats m2m coverage, solid hands, - passpro, gets edge-gets vertical, + 3rd down option

REGGIE ROBERSON (WR) SMU - RSR - 6’1’’ / 200#
              -ready made pro prospect physically, great hands/route tree-stems/release skills, questionable long speed/ability to consistently separate vs press, added value with return skills/motor

JOSH JOBE (DB) UAL - SR - 6’1’’ / 195#
              -excellent athletic profile, physicality evident in both phases, very handsy throughout route contact, loses contact on multiple breaking routes, lacking ballskills production, + ST value, talent rich risky late day 3 prospect

ANDREW STUEBER (OL) UMI - RSR - 6’7’’ / 340#
              -monster that has position flexibility, ORT/OG prospect with + aggression/nasty disposition/crushing grip strength/+ physical measurables, enough athleticism, solid base fundamentals, hand placements/recovery fundamentals/hip flexibility will need improvement to be considered a starting caliber prospect

LEDDIE BROWN (RB) UWV - SR - 5’11’’ / 215#
              -physical downhill runner, enough burst to handle outside/off tackle concepts, patient setting up blocks, decisive with cuts, physical north/south runner, possesses affective stiff-arm, decent hands, passpro is ineffective in effort/results-will keep him off field if not corrected

VEDARIAN LOWE (OL) UIL - RSR - 6’6’’ / 320#
              -great physicality/+size/+IQ/+fundamentals, limited athletic profile, questions about length, fantastic grip strength, kick/glide/power steps are fundamentally sound, shown consistent year over year improvement, excellent drive power/kickouts/combos, solid communication recognizing/passing stunts

- PROJECTED 53 - MAN ROSTER & STARTING LINEUPS -

OFFENSE (25) -

QB = J. HERBERT (R1/20), E. STICK(R5/19)

RB = A. EKELER (UDFA/17), K. BROOKS (R-R4/22), J. KELLEY (R4/20), J. MARTIN (R-R7/22)

HB/FB = S. ANDERSON (UDFA/19)

WR = K. ALLEN (R3/13), M. WILLIAMS (R1/17), T. BURKS (R-R1/22), J. PALMER (R3/21), J. GUYTON (UDFA/19), A. ROBERTS (FA/21)

TE = D. PARHAM (UDFA/20), T. MCKITTY (R3/21), L. KRULL (R-R7/22)

OL = R. SLATER (R1/21), M. FEILER (UFA/21), C. LINSLEY (UFA/21), O. ABOUSHI (UFA/21), C. ROBINSON (UFA/22)
              M. CUNNINGHAM (R-R2/22), B. JAIMES (R5/21), T. KARRAS (UFA/22), V. LOWE (R-R7/22)

DEFENSE (25) -

DL = J. JONES (R3/18), S. JOSEPH-DAY (UFA/22), BJ HILL (UFA/22)
              J. RIDGEWAY (R-R4/22), C. DURDEN (R-R6/22), J. TILLERY (R1/19)

EDGE = J. BOSA (R1/16), R. GREGORY (UFA/22), B. MOFA (R-R3/22), C. RUMPH (R4/21)

ILB = K. MURRAY (R1/20), K. WHITE (R4/18), D. TRANQUILL (R4/19), N. NIEMANN (R6/21), A. OBONGBEMIGA (UDFA/21)

CB = C. DAVIS (UFA/22), A. SAMUEL (R2/21), M. DAVIS (UDFA/17), T. CAMPBELL (UDFA/20), C. BRYANT (R-R6/22)

DS = D. JAMES (D1/18), N. ADDERLEY (R2/19), A. GILMAN (R6/20), M. WEBB (R7/21), Z. MCCOLLUM (R-R5/22)
              Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-08-2021, 02:06 PM.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

monster post like54Ninjas.... kudos for such an in depth and well thought out post.... we are lucky to have you here, and.... pls keep 'em comin'

my thoughts.... am wary of resigning MW.... don't want to be stuck w/an oft injured guy that isn't a No. 1 type talent, let alone not available or @half speed/hobbled more oft than not.

also would be wary of not resigning Fackrell.... seems to be a solid, and haven't zeroed in on anyone in the draft or in FA to replace him, and altho the natives are restless to have someone opposite Joe.

don't see resigning Viscaino, unless its just a goodwill gesture and to the ps, albeit not really in favor of that either as think there will be talent enough in both the draft and in FA there.

and def retaining Linval over Tillery, as like quite a few of your IDL suggestions for FA, and re: someone like Settle, would prefer to draft Robert Cooper to rotate w/Joseph.

would prolly lean toward keeping the both of Jared Cook and Covington, as think they are both good value signings and talent, unless there is a clear upgrade there.

very nice work on the FA targets, as specifically like NT DJ Jones, and the 4Ts BJ Hill, Folorunso Fatukasi, Larry Ogunjobi and Maliek Collins as FA possibilities for the IDL.

the other FA that you have on there that I hadn't really considered is Ronald Jones.... will keep him in mind, as RB is crucial next offseason (you retained Kelley.... I like him, and.... ?)

the other guy that most everyone seems to love atm, that personally am not 100 percent on retaining is Stephen Anderson, as would like to see Cade Otton as a Charger, if possible.

far as the draft possibilities.... again, great work, and.... the one guy that would give me pause early is Jordan Davis, albeit am fairly squarely in the Zion Johnson camp, as just don't see him lasting to us 'til later in round two, and think when things are said and done, that he might slot perfectly to us @the end of round one ??

the other guy/position that is a priority for me is D'Vonte Price, who I don't know much about, but like what I do see and know of him, and fwiw.... Walter had him as their No. 1 RB prospect.

and Mr. Jobe.... if he's there day three.... dag gammit, would really like that guy as a Charger, as think he fits real well w/what we've got in the defensive backfield atm.

regarding the final O, am not overly fond of Easton as my No. 2 QB, and will be mildly surprised if Guyton is still a Charger next season, and.... think we can do better than Cam Rob @RT.... you're not a fan of Faalele ??

on the D side, would like to sign two FA DBs, and draft an ILB, even tho agreed that ILB looks pretty set heading into next offseason, and.... will be (very) surprised if Gregory is ever a Charger.
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

monster post like54Ninjas.... kudos for such an in depth and well thought out post.... we are lucky to have you here, and.... pls keep 'em comin'

my thoughts.... am wary of resigning MW.... don't want to be stuck w/an oft injured guy that isn't a No. 1 type talent, let alone not available or @half speed/hobbled more oft than not.

also would be wary of not resigning Fackrell.... seems to be a solid, and haven't zeroed in on anyone in the draft or in FA to replace him, and altho the natives are restless to have someone opposite Joe.

don't see resigning Viscaino, unless its just a goodwill gesture and to the ps, albeit not really in favor of that either as think there will be talent enough in both the draft and in FA there.

and def retaining Linval over Tillery, as like quite a few of your IDL suggestions for FA, and re: someone like Settle, would prefer to draft Robert Cooper to rotate w/Joseph.

would prolly lean toward keeping the both of Jared Cook and Covington, as think they are both good value signings and talent, unless there is a clear upgrade there.

very nice work on the FA targets, as specifically like NT DJ Jones, and the 4Ts BJ Hill, Folorunso Fatukasi, Larry Ogunjobi and Maliek Collins as FA possibilities for the IDL.

the other FA that you have on there that I hadn't really considered is Ronald Jones.... will keep him in mind, as RB is crucial next offseason (you retained Kelley.... I like him, and.... ?)

the other guy that most everyone seems to love atm, that personally am not 100 percent on retaining is Stephen Anderson, as would like to see Cade Otton as a Charger, if possible.

far as the draft possibilities.... again, great work, and.... the one guy that would give me pause early is Jordan Davis, albeit am fairly squarely in the Zion Johnson camp, as just don't see him lasting to us 'til later in round two, and think when things are said and done, that he might slot perfectly to us @the end of round one ??

the other guy/position that is a priority for me is D'Vonte Price, who I don't know much about, but like what I do see and know of him, and fwiw.... Walter had him as their No. 1 RB prospect.

and Mr. Jobe.... if he's there day three.... dag gammit, would really like that guy as a Charger, as think he fits real well w/what we've got in the defensive backfield atm.

regarding the final O, am not overly fond of Easton as my No. 2 QB, and will be mildly surprised if Guyton is still a Charger next season, and.... think we can do better than Cam Rob @RT.... you're not a fan of Faalele ??

on the D side, would like to sign two FA DBs, and draft an ILB, even tho agreed that ILB looks pretty set heading into next offseason, and.... will be (very) surprised if Gregory is ever a Charger.
                  When I do these it’s not what I think the Bolt’s brass will do but what I’d do if I was in control.

I like MikeDub and his contract can be structured to fit/coincide with Keenan’s contract structure. In this version I drafted Treylon Burks to give us an explosive 6 deep WR core containing a RS.
                  Didnt retain Fackrell. Agree will be surprised if we sign Gregory but I would on a short term deal.
                  Tillery is under contract, 26 next season, and replacing him as a starter w/BJ Hill. Linval is not and will be 34 next season and replacing him with S. Joseph-Day. Tillery will be a healthy scratch, regulated to PRS, or injury fill in. I would trade him if possible in draft move-up scenario.
                  Love D’Vonte Price as a prospect but went w/Kennedy Brooks in this version.
                  Cam Robinson is a solid, if unspectacular, starting caliber OT. He has averaged about 4 pressures given up per game and never more than 6 sacks in a season (only once). He hasn’t given up a sack this season, under 2.5 Pressures per game, and is a +85% win rate run blocker. He can play both ORT & OLT. I drafted Myron Cunningham in R2 to compete/loser becomes OST. Massive upgrade!!!!
                  I like Easton and does it really matter who’s QB2?
                  Only signed 1 FA CB in Carlton Davis but drafted 2 DBs in Zyon McCollum/Coby Bryant. Might get a contract bargain as his coming off 2021 ACL. 42 PD, 6 INT, 2FF, 143 TKL in his last 32 games.
                  Last edited by like54ninjas; 11-08-2021, 06:38 PM.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Wow! Nice job, Ninjas! You certainly put in the work and provided specific analysis.
                    A number of guys I really like and many I haven't watched yet. Thanks for the links!

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

When I do these it’s not what I think the Bolt’s brass will do but what I’d do if I was in control.

I like MikeDub and his contract can be structured to fit/coincide with Keenan’s contract structure. In this version I drafted Treylon Burks to give us an explosive 6 deep WR core containing a RS.
                      Didnt retain Fackrell. Agree will be surprised if we sign Gregory but I would on a short term deal.
                      Tillery is under contract, 26 next season, and replacing him as a starter w/BJ Hill. Linval is not and will be 34 next season and replacing him with S. Joseph-Day. Tillery will be a healthy scratch, regulated to PRS, or injury fill in. I would trade him if possible in draft move-up scenario.
                      Love D’Vonte Price as a prospect but went w/Kennedy Brooks in this version.
                      Cam Robinson is a solid, if unspectacular, starting caliber OT. He has averaged about 4 pressures given up per game and never more than 6 sacks in a season (only once). He hasn’t given up a sack this season, under 2.5 Pressures per game, and is a +85% win rate run blocker. He can play both ORT & OLT. I drafted Myron Cunningham in R2 to compete/loser becomes OST. Massive upgrade!!!!
                      I like Easton and does it really matter who’s QB2?
                      Only signed 1 FA CB in Carlton Davis but drafted 2 DBs in Zyon McCollum/Coby Bryant. Might get a contract bargain as his coming off 2021 ACL. 42 PD, 6 INT, 2FF, 143 TKL in his last 32 games.
                      re: Fackrell, thought he was brought in to back up Bosa and to provide a hedge against Nwosu's development ?? are you bringing back Uchenna ?? do you keep him over Fackrell ?? and guessing you have a FA and/or draft pick in mind to spell ED opposite Bosa ??

and was not a fan of signing Mebane, let alone retaining him year after year, and.... are we certain that Linval is on a downward slide, or is he still good value as our man in the middle, not to mention serving as a bridge for the if and when we sign or draft someone to spell him in another year or so ?? or is Joseph Day that good ??

another thing that bugs me is when I read guys names that we want for FA when we coulda just up and drafted 'em to start with.... case in point w/DJ Jones.... is he a good signing, or would someone like Demetrius Taylor be just as good for us come day three ??

Tillery is a tough one for me, coz I like the guy for what he's all about personally, but his leverage against the run is lacking more oft than not, and then again.... we do need interior pressure from the DL, and.... not against a trade involving him or K9 (am guessing you'd be heavily against a move as such ?)

would be great if we could get a solid RB day three, as there does seem to be a coupla few to choose from.... extra bonus if we can sign a steady RB in FA to pair w/Austin.

and yeah, big value to a tackle that can play left and right sides, and.... Myron is a day three guy, no ??

if Easton could convince me he's an NFL passer, then we'd def have a great backup, as he's got the wheels to cause trouble for the opposing D.

and liked Carlton Davis coming out in the draft, and liked Coby Bryant some last year, and know you have a man crush on Zyon.... me, well..... (once upon a time really liked Tony Brown outta Bama too)

josh-jobe-416d96d6592ea45d.jpg

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Welp, there goes the Wyatt Teller FA fantasy…

Browns sign right guard Wyatt Teller to blockbuster contract extension

Wyatt Teller signed a four-year, $56.8 million contract extension, meaning he has been secured by the Cleveland Browns through the 2025 season.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Welp, there goes the Wyatt Teller FA fantasy…

Browns sign right guard Wyatt Teller to blockbuster contract extension

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/...134206613.html
                          Welp, kudos to the Browns for tying him up. I'm not sure how they did it cap-wise... probably back-loaded. Saints-esque.

Comment

Working...
                          X