• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

TDN has him ranked at 80, PFN at 97 and PFF at 27, so a big dichotomy there. Until we see the big boards after the Senior bowls and combine, Cine at 17 almost seems like a Leatherwood level reach.
    I'm telling you AHEAD of the big boards, if you don't get it, that's fine. What I'm saying is S is not a need. Cornerback is. However, that assumption is dated and NOT an accurate reflection of the current language the Charger coaching staff uses: They use DB.

Extrapolating that, The Charger need a DB. Cine is going to project as the #2 S in the entire draft and would be hybrid S/LB, or in the slot, but FREES up Derwin James, who is playing 5 positions. I still have Phidarian Mathis at DT in the Second Round, and getting an EDGE, and an off the ball linebacker, on the second day.

Cine was the 2017 Massachusetts Defensive Player of the Year

Cine named the Defensive Player of the National Championship

If you can't see, what I'm laying down, I can't help you, bub.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm telling you AHEAD of the big boards, if you don't get it, that's fine. What I'm saying is S is not a need. Cornerback is. However, that assumption is dated and NOT an accurate reflection of the current language the Charger coaching staff uses: They use DB.

Extrapolating that, The Charger need a DB. Cine is going to project as the #2 S in the entire draft and would be hybrid S/LB, or in the slot, but FREES up Derwin James, who is playing 5 positions. I still have Phidarian Mathis at DT in the Second Round, and getting an EDGE, and an off the ball linebacker, on the second day.

Cine was the 2017 Massachusetts Defensive Player of the Year

Cine named the Defensive Player of the National Championship

If you can't see, what I'm laying down, I can't help you, bub.

Then I can do nothing but bow to your greatness. Just ask you.........

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Then I can do nothing but bow to your greatness. Just ask you.........
        Or you could offer a counter-point. Fresh outta those, huh brah?

Bummer....

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Send PM

Or you could offer a counter-point. Fresh outta those, huh brah?

Bummer....
          Everyone has an opinion here, right, wrong or indifferent. Why should I venture any such hyporbole when you already know everything? Just chill dude, we're all Charger fans here.......

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            Trevon is a very athletically gifted Football Player. If he is drafted by the Ravens (before Chargers selection) I’m sure he could step in and fill Calais Campbell or Brandon Williams (unrestricted free agents) shoes. For Chargers I’m not so sure and fear he would be under utilized and have hard time finding his rhythm (see Jerry Tillery). In other words not best fit. He’s always been bigger, faster player than those around him, until Georgia where he just fit in with the other physically gifted players. Chargers need entire Georgia transfusion I fear to make drastic improvement defensively. Chargers need a player capable of making the biggest impact, and hope Telesco signs a couple premium free agent linemen first to see where biggest hole remains. If they keep K9 that is a huge mistake, and if they don’t resign Kaiser White that would be another unnecessary hurdle this Defense has to overcome.
            What do they do about Kenneth Murray? He's got a great pair of teammates in Kyzir and Drue to watch tape with - to spoon-feed Kenneth concepts and keys - I'm really struggling to see what is holding back his processing of plays? It is frustrating to no end.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Everyone has an opinion here, right, wrong or indifferent. Why should I venture any such hyporbole when you already know everything? Just chill dude, we're all Charger fans here.......

Just stay away from me. Last word is yours.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Send PM

To quote some pretty famous people................

That shoe fits you to a "T"

Buh Bye brah......
                Last edited by Bolt-O; 01-25-2022, 03:13 PM. Reason: Cleaned up ... I hope both you are over it now.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                  San Diego Native
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Farmington, NM
                  • Send PM

The Charger need a DB
                  Along these lines... I commented earlier in this thread that my dream at #17 is that Kyle Hamilton inexplicably falls to the Chargers (see Derwin 2018). Lewis Cine fills the same DB roll. With Derwin and Cine/Hamilton/Stud#3 at Safety, does Adderly have the skill set to step into a CB type roll?

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Along these lines... I commented earlier in this thread that my dream at #17 is that Kyle Hamilton inexplicably falls to the Chargers (see Derwin 2018). Lewis Cine fills the same DB roll. With Derwin and Cine/Hamilton/Stud#3 at Safety, does Adderly have the skill set to step into a CB type roll?
                    That's the wild card in that equation. I meant it as no slap to Adderley, whom I have really loved since Day One. None. I still think that coverage skills are needed - both in the box and downfield - Cine is a chess piece, for the front seven and the secondary. In addition to Derwin James.

It raises lots of questions, I'll grant you that, but it also raises very interesting possibilities. Pop in the Georgia-Alabama Champ game and watch this kid's game. IMO, if a case could be made for Kyle Hamilton, a similar case can be made for Cine. To cover a RB/TE out of the backfield, the kid maintains great leverage.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

What do they do about Kenneth Murray? He's got a great pair of teammates in Kyzir and Drue to watch tape with - to spoon-feed Kenneth concepts and keys - I'm really struggling to see what is holding back his processing of plays? It is frustrating to no end.
                      apparent early last season, Dallas game, he had outside containment on the running back should have been no gain but got steam rolled, Dallas got 1st down and Murray left the game. Was out several weeks, nursing ankle I wanna say, then Staley decided to put him out in the edge. When that didn’t work kicked him back inside and even after Raider game said he was our best cover linebacker and tackler (all I could possibly say is wow or are you trying to move him in the offseason by overstating his worth?). Anyway, he was huge part of run defense problem which is why I’ve drilled down on ILB position (Dean). No bigger change could be made except possibly RT.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

apparent early last season, Dallas game, he had outside containment on the running back should have been no gain but got steam rolled, Dallas got 1st down and Murray left the game. Was out several weeks, nursing ankle I wanna say, then Staley decided to put him out in the edge. When that didn’t work kicked him back inside and even after Raider game said he was our best cover linebacker and tackler (all I could possibly say is wow or are you trying to move him in the offseason by overstating his worth?). Anyway, he was huge part of run defense problem which is why I’ve drilled down on ILB position (Dean). No bigger change could be made except possibly RT.
                        Spit-balling for second, REPLACING Kenneth Murray in the front seven with hybrid S/LB Derwin James or hybrid/LB Lewis Cine - would be pretty interesting.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Spit-balling for second, REPLACING Kenneth Murray in the front seven with hybrid S/LB Derwin James or hybrid/LB Lewis Cine - would be pretty interesting.
                          Not thinking replacing Murray with a 200 lb safety (Cine)is a good idea. Why not just draft Dean? He is 220. Undersized.for a LB but could maybe play the hybrid role? But I'm sold he can. .
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-25-2022, 03:39 PM.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X