Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Had a blast, thanks all.
      please feel free to break down yours team(s) approach and thinking behind the picks.

Draft-week is upon us, cheers!
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Had a blast, thanks all.
        please feel free to break down yours team(s) approach and thinking behind the picks.

Draft-week is upon us, cheers!
        Okay. I will begin with Dallas.

1/24: KENYON GREEN--Dallas has OL needs at both OT and OG. The top 4 OTs were of the board. Zion Johnson was gone. Right away it was obvious that quality WR depth was much greater than OT and OG depth. The top EDGE guys were gone too and I did not like the value of either Ojabo or Mafe at 1/24. There was a big drop off after Green as far as OL players went as can be seen by the fact that none were taken after Green until 2/40. The team went LB in round 1 last year with Parsons, so taking Lloyd would duplicate that. No interest in Dean.

2/42: TREYLON BURKS--WR was a need and Burks fell all the way to #42 despite being valued on multiple big boards at #22 overall, so I decided to trade up to get him. I like his fit with Lamb too. Even though Burks did not test as a fast player, he was effective in the deep passing game in college, so I was not worried about the lack of team speed for the Cowboys at WR (apart from Fehoko at 4.43).

3/100: (Trade) NIK BONITTO--Obviously, I mistakenly thought that Bonitto was still on the board. He was ranked in the 60s, so he was worth the trade up and trade to get him. I was a little concerned about his size as a 4-3 DE, but I figured if Ingram can play in our version of the Gus Seattle defense, then Bonitto can play in Dan Quinn's version of the defense in Dallas.

4/120: SAM HOWELL--Entering the draft, I had zero interest in taking a QB for Dallas, but Howell was ranked by multiple sources in the low 50s overall and was still on the board at 4/120. Also, Cooper Rush (despite 1 solid game), Will Grier, and Ben DiNucci are not exactly a great cast of backups. The thinking was that Howell would immediately upgrade the Cowboys at QB2 and would play in the fairly likely event of a Prescott injury. With some successful showcasing, Howell would have trade value for a QB needy team that would more than pay for the draft capital spent to select him.

5/155: JOJO DOMANN--While not wanting to select a LB in round 1, LB depth seemed like a need and Domann represented pretty good value at 5/155. I liked Domann's athleticism as a fit for the Cowboys, who I read play a lot of two LB nickel packages.

5/167: TYCEN ANDERSON--Anderson is very fast box safety that can cover some. He has the natural gifts to develop into something more (6'2", 209 pounds, 4.36 40, 33" arms, 6.64 3 cone drill) and can contribute some as a hybrid LB/S for the time being if more speed is needed on the field.

5/176: SPENCER BURFORD--This is a developmental OT/OG that the Cowboys can use to build up their OL. I considered Neil Farrell for this pick, but he was selected a few picks earlier.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2022, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I didn't research scheme fits much for these teams. I didn't have the time to do things like that. Just looked into tneir rosters and where they needed help the most.

NY Giants
          1-5 Evan Neal OT
          1-7 Kyle Hamilton S
          2-36 Travis Jones DT
          3-67 Greg Dulcich TE
          3-81 Coby Bryant CB
          4-112 Jerome Ford RB
          5-147 Cade Mays OG/OT
          5-173 Neal Farrell DT

I didnt go QB because had read they want to bolster the OL and offense for Dan Jones and believe he can be better with help.
          Neal is a LT but BPA at a OL need so one of he and Thomas will move to RT.

Didn't actually know I had 2 -1st's as I didn't do much research as I was at work. Wu made this pick but I was looking at CBs and S anyways so no brainer.

Dulcich is an upgrade to their mediocre TE group.

Bryant not sure he goes quite this high but with an auto pick going on for BPA I felt he would be gone had I waited. Bradberry is said to be released and I'm not an Adoree Jackson fan.
          I was looking for a CB in round 2. Didn't like the values there.

picked Ford because Barkley is always hurt and their others aren't much to speak of. Ford has speed and hands out of the backfield.

Mays Is depth or could start since their OL is crap. He can play OG or OC or emergency OT.

Farrell is better NT depth with a chance to start in coming seasons.

Steelers

1-20 Tyler Linderbaum OC
          2-52 Arnold Ebikitie Edge
          3-84 Jaramee Salyer OG/OT
          4-138 Mario Goodrich CB

For the Steelers, another team with a bad OL. Linderbaum is an big upgrade to their current OC which was rookie Kendrick Green who can move back to OG.

They did sign Mason Cole as a OC/OG for 3 years,15 mil so he can battle it out for a OG spot which still helps their OL.

Ebikitie I didn't think was a big need but a value pick who can rotate with Wormly. I was looking for a WR here actually but got beached with Pickens.

Salyer is a power OL who played OT in college but fits their run game well I think. Not sure if he can play OT in the NFL but their OL needed some help and they get 2 of them.
          I've only read about Salyer, haven't watched tape.tonfocus on him and my thought there is he can play RT from what I read only and battle it out with Okorafor.

PFF has him at 66 but it's PFF.

Goodrich can battle it out with Justin Layne who has not been able to crack a starting job thus far.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-25-2022, 05:19 AM.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Texans
            3. A.Gardner-CB, Cincinnati
            13. J.Johnson-Edge, Florida St.
            37. B.Hall-RB, Iowa St.
            68. C.Harris-LB, Alabama
            80. C.Strange-OG, Tenn@Chat
            108. A.Wright-Edge, UAB

Seahawks
            9. M.Willis-QB, Liberty
            40. B.Raimann-OT, Central Michigan
            60. T.Woolen-CB, UTSA
            72. S.Rhyan-OG, UCLA
            91. C.Tindall-LB, Georgia
            109. B.Jones-OT, Southern Utah
            133. J.Gunter-Edge, Coastal Carolina
            145. C.Paul-OG, Tulsa
            153. O.Okonkwo-TE, Maryland

Buccaneers
            27. D.Wyatt-DL, Georgia
            41. T.McBride-TE, Colorado St.

Texans roster has a lot of holes.
            The 1st 3 picks clearly should start at CB, Edge and RB.
            And the next 3 picks are better talent than their current starters on depth chart at WLB, LG and Edge.
            They like Davis Mills at QB.

Seahawks add Willis at QB to start a new era.
            They need better OL and added lots of beef.
            And also bet on upside on CB, Edge and TE.

Buccaneers added a starting DL at bottom rd1.
            And then sent picks to move up in Rd2 to go get the top TE.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Jags:
              001. Aiden Hutchinson, edge, Michigan
              033. Quay Walker iLB Georgia
              065. Dylan Parham, iOL Memphis
              070. Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee
              106. David Bell, WR Purdue
              157. Matt Henningsen, iDL, Wisconsin

Packers:
              022. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio St.
              028. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
              053. Cameron Thomas, edge, SDSU
              059. Jeremy Ruckert, TE, Ohio St.
              092. Josh Paschal, edge, Kentucky
              132. Lecitus Smith, iOL, Virginia Tech.
              140. Dare Rosenthal, OT Kentucky
              171. Cordell Volson, OT NDSU

CHARGERS:
              017. Trevor Penning, OT, UNI
              079. Calvin Austin iii, WR Memphis
              123. Marcus Jones, CB Houston
              160. Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan
              Jags:
              I really couldn't go wrong with the Jags, even with their offseason fury.
              I think Hutch is objectivity the best prospect in the draft.
              Big fan of what Quay brings inside and they need a starting caliber talent there.
              Parham fits on the interior were both guards need to be replaced soon.
              I have a 3rd round grade on Alontae Taylor and have mocked him for us, and think there's a solid chance of that happening.
              Bell is an X that can develop into a starter, especially playing behind a bunch of vets.
              henningsen is good value at iDL imo.

Packers:
              Big Olave fan and think he'll pick up right where he left off. Still like him for us. Nose for the endzone. A ballet dancer out there, I want to make a comp I I know I have no business doing because I'm too young, so "trigger-warning" to Roo and the old timers, but he's a young alworth. No not as dominant I get it, but pure style, grave and smoothness.
              Hill is a TPB fav so no explanation needed, GB suddedly has an elite S/nickle guy who won't come off the field.
              I think Cam Thomas is a late 1st talent
              Simms convinced.me RuckertRuck"the best TE in this class", between Ruckert and Olave, Rodgers is happy
              I like Paschal as an edge guy but admittedly did not peek at scheme.
              Then solid Oline depth, they will need 1 or 2 to pan out.

Chargers:
              I know I lost 80% of you guys with this pick but I tried to be ss objective as possible and since Jameson and Davis were gone, Penning represents the biggest upside long term, not just 2022. I think theres an 80% chance he justifies his draft position which would be absolutely priceless.
              run left/right, roll out left/right, screens left or right, quite literally threaten every inch of the field (assuming you have another speed guy and that's where Calvin Austin comes in).
              as wood mentioned, unguardable at senior bowl, would only be available there because of size. Most teams don't have a QB that can throw with accuracy 60 yards downfield and we are certainly NOT most teams. If i knew Doubs would be there that late, maybe I hold off, but I see a vertical threat at wr as more of a need that most here. My pick, my guy.
              marcus jones is another TPB favs so not much to explain about a complete, but small package CB that Staley will love. I place a lot of responsibility on my headcoaches (which has been a mistake in the previous regimes) but I expect Staley to make that defense work with his 2 superstar upgrades and late picks. Show me genius Staley because that's what you sold us this time last year. I do not want to take Herbert for granted and just assume he'll pick up the slack like Rivers did. I want to surround #10 with immediate support with Penning, Austin and now a value grinder in Haskins.
              Haskins will have an easier job than any of our RBs before him since he'll have an improved Oline and more pure power than anyone on the roster. Frees up Ekeler to catch more and extends his ability to live up to his contract. Allows us to slow the tempo of the game when Herbert finds himself struggling or if his weapons are dropping balls again.

appreciate any and all feedback, both positive and, less than. Ha.
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

DET
                2. Kenny Pickett QB
                32. Drake London WR
                34. Roger McCreary CB
                66. Kingsley Enagbare EDGE
                97. Cade Otton TE
                177. Bo Melton WR

BAL
                15. Jordan Davis DT
                45. Lewis Cine S
                76. Chad Muma LB
                82. Cam Jurgens C (trade up)
                110. Josh Jobe CB
                119. Daniel Bellinger TE
                141. Christopher Allen EDGE

NO
                16. Garrett Wilson WR
                18. Tyler Smith OT
                49. Perrion Winfrey DT
                98. Brian Robinson RB
                129. Kevin Austin WR
                161. isaiah Thomas EDGE
                178. James Mitchell TE

Considerations: sleepers, scheme fits, depth charts, projected individual team Big Boards.

Includes wu's clues as to anticipated Charger drafting.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

21&500

I have a very different direction I would go if I was Chargers. I want to come away with an impact player on both side of ball, so I would seriously trade up either in Rd 1or 3 or even both.
                  I'd rather move up from #17 to #10 for Stingley-CB
                  And move from #79 to #35 to get Breece Hall-RB

If my Chargers prospects added was
                  Rd1. Stingley-CB
                  Rd2. Hall-RB
                  Rd4-7 JAGs with NFL size and upside.
                  Udfa JAGs with NFL size and upside

I'm okay using some of next year's pick and then making up for those picks with some expert veterans. Not something to do every year or you exhaust draft capital. But that capital should be used to do big business moves once in a while. Like they did with Mack. I say go big one more time here.

#17, #79(2023 1st/2nd) is 1855pts
                  for
                  Jets #10, #35 is 1850pts.

So the math works.

If LAC is picking low in 2023 then it's around #28 and #60 was the cost of the move. But a single veteran free agent experience player targeted would fill out roster where #28 would have added a player and same for #60 where you may not get your target PON because he is off the board They just lose the fun of drafting late 1st and 2nd for a year to get done exactly what they want to get done.

Stalesco should stay aggressive. Execute their vision. Go get your guys if and when you can.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    21&500

I have a very different direction I would go if I was Chargers. I want to come away with an impact player on both side of ball, so I would seriously trade up either in Rd 1or 3 or even both.
                    I'd rather move up from #17 to #10 for Stingley-CB
                    And move from #79 to #35 to get Breece Hall-RB

If my Chargers prospects added was
                    Rd1. Stingley-CB
                    Rd2. Hall-RB
                    Rd4-7 JAGs with NFL size and upside.
                    Udfa JAGs with NFL size and upside

I'm okay using some of next year's pick and then making up for those picks with some expert veterans. Not something to do every year or you exhaust draft capital. But that capital should be used to do big business moves once in a while. Like they did with Mack. I say go big one more time here.

#17, #79(2023 1st/2nd) is 1855pts
                    for
                    Jets #10, #35 is 1850pts.

So the math works.

If LAC is picking low in 2023 then it's around #28 and #60 was the cost of the move. But a single veteran free agent experience player targeted would fill out roster where #28 would have added a player and same for #60 where you may not get your target PON because he is off the board They just lose the fun of drafting late 1st and 2nd for a year to get done exactly what they want to get done.

Stalesco should stay aggressive. Execute their vision. Go get your guys if and when you can.
                    Good job on this, Critty...and to Wud...

Comment

Working...
                    X