2022 OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 1 - WHO YA GONNA PICK?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Just my brief thought on "trading down" to match value... you only do that if your cluster is exhausted. Also, you need to have interest in your spot. The report was that there was no calls, and the Chargers didn't waste any time sending in the pick.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Brugler has Lucas falling to us without a trade up. He correctly guessed Zion to us yesterday.
      I wonder about the idea of getting a RT in R3. It makes so much sense, but is Staley willing to start 2 rookies on the same side?

As of now (pick 52), Raimann, Lucas, and Petit-Frere are available…if one drops will TT pull the trigger?
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

If we get Raimann or Lucas with our 3rd I am totally satisfied with our draft.

Comment

• Travis Jones is still on the board. Tariq Woolen is still on the board.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Please take Nakobe Dean.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

If Zion was "the" guy, then by moving down you risked losing him. IMO, an additional 3rd and 4th did not merit losing a guy like Johnson. Now, for a 2nd-rounder...maybe. But I doubt anyone was willing to make that kind of offer. Mid-round picks (4th and beyond), don't carry much weight with me; they're just darts you throw that you hope hit the bullseye. Even a late 3rd-rounder isn't a prime catch, IMO.

Plus, I don't quite get what you're saying: The three guys you mentioned above (Dean, Booth, Mafe...all of whom I know nothing about), are they 3rd-round picks? 4th-round picks? Or would we have (probably) lost Johnson by trading down 5-8 spots and then taken one of those three guys with the 22nd-25th pick instead?

Looks like you're the most disappointed poster today. Most everyone else seems pretty happy. Hope Johnson's play changes your mind.
              Mafe 40th
              Booth 42th
              Dean 83th this is a big steal

You really don't know about these guys ?
              They all had a 1st round grade somewhere on a mock.
              With an additional 2nd or 3rd, we could have one of them
              Can't explain why the Chargers didn't grab Dean at 79.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Mafe 40th
                Booth 42th

Dean has a pec injury? I don't know if that means it's torn or what. And I don't know the recovery time. Some players that tear their pecks or out a while but so what.

That guy's going to be an incredible player. Just may not help us much this coming season but really haven't heard any specifics about his injury.

Heck I didn't even know he was hurting till I heard it tonight.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Mafe 40th
                  Booth 42th

I'm no draftnik, so it's not surprising that I hadn't heard much about them. Which is a statement about *me*; not a jab at you. I still love the Johnson pick and glad we didn't trade out of our slot, assuming that was even an option.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

My point is that if we trade back 5-8 spots, we have a chance to draft Zion anyway.
                    If he's not there, take McDuff, J. Johnson, D. Lloyd or K. Elam in1st + you have a 2nd or a 3rd in bonus.
                    Who could you have with that ?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

My point is that if we trade back 5-8 spots, we have a chance to draft Zion anyway.
                      If he's not there, take McDuff, J. Johnson, D. Lloyd or K. Elam in1st + you have a 2nd or a 3rd in bonus.
                      We pretty much know and accept this is not Tom Telesco’s style, given the coaching regimes he’s weathered, so why torture yourself now? Let Staley prove his system and strategies are successful first.

Yes, to knock it out of the park & leapfrog the competition it takes War Room Conviction, and a very detailed plan and ability to pivot in different directions to pull best talent that fits your needs and scheme implementation.

Stick and pick is the conservative, safe approach but they did trade away a 2nd to add a premium edge rusher in Mack. Therein lies a strength, where they can take advantage, but comes with a higher cost, just to build that foundation. In future drafts, it’s very possible with a solid nucleus in place (getting closer) trading back and moving draft capital around distinct possibility.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Telesco has said that he was considering trading back; but once Kenyon Green was unexpectedly selected by Houston, he didn't want to risk losing
                        Zion to some guard hungry teams in between.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Telesco has said that he was considering trading back; but once Kenyon Green was unexpectedly selected by Houston, he didn't want to risk losing
                          Zion to some guard hungry teams in between.
                          Makes sense. Green to me was an unexpected pick by Houston and I like Zion but figured Green had the more versatility that we like, thus why I mocked him to us

Comment

Working...
                          X