First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am not sure if you were on the forum at the time. Suffice it to say that a bunch of us knew BAL would take Jones. That means we knew we could have had him by trading up to #75, which is exactly what we needed to do. That pick actually was traded to HOU, so it was subject to being traded. Our trade offer would have been slightly better than HOU's as our third and our 5th had more value than HOU's did. So, yes, we could have had the #44 ranked player instead of picking the #137 ranked player at #79. We just chose not to take advantage of that possibility.
    Oh ive been here the whole time, been catching your arguments. How do you know HOU wanted to trade their 75 for our 79 and 5th? They traded to get that pick, did you see a For Trade sign hanging in their war room? Someone call you? Twitter?

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

The player we selected is not the one we should have. That is the problem with our third round pick. We were guilty of a major reach when a much better option was available. It was really two major errors at once that contributed to a third error being made later in the draft.

The thread is about our third round pick. It is not post only if you are going to sing the praises of our front office for their choice.
    Jones still was not available at our 3rd round pick

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

A guy who walks onto the field with his unit the first time it takes the field.

I get your point about Tillery not playing as many snaps, but we still took Ogbonnia when we could have had Jones. Ogbonnia does nothing better than Jones.

Plus Woods has a round 5 clone in Tycen Anderson. We had other, clearly better options.
    Jones was gone. Still could not have had him unless you don’t want Mack?

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post

What's a starter?

Starters in the 3rd round are hard to find. Supply chain issues and all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

But we didn’t have the chance. He was gone.
    I am not sure if you were on the forum at the time. Suffice it to say that a bunch of us knew BAL would take Jones. That means we knew we could have had him by trading up to #75, which is exactly what we needed to do. That pick actually was traded to HOU, so it was subject to being traded. Our trade offer would have been slightly better than HOU's as our third and our 5th had more value than HOU's did. So, yes, we could have had the #44 ranked player instead of picking the #137 ranked player at #79. We just chose not to take advantage of that possibility.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

And because we did not take Jones when we had the chance, we used our 5th round pick to take Ogbonnia and that cost us Araiza. There are consequences to not getting full value for draft picks.
    But we didn’t have the chance. He was gone.

Leave a comment:

• QSmokey
    replied
    Well this has sure turned into some kind of shit slinging thread.

I was not happy with the Woods pick; I’m still not sure how I feel about it. But if this guy Jones is so damned good, you wonder why the teams behind us didn’t make offers to move up to get him. They are just a dumb as us, I guess.

But this does seem like a lot of heartache - and headache - over a player that lasted until #79 and was passed over by 31 teams…twice.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

And yet, you want to talk about another player beside our third round pick. Please just stay away if you’re not going to contribute anything meaningful to this thread and the discussion on JT Wood. Not fucking Travis Jones!
    My discussion is about whether or not J.T. Woods was a good pick for us. That necessarily includes an explanation for my position. Sorry if you cannot handle that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Chain I don't know man. You seem to have everything figured out. Maybe you should get into GM'ing in the NFL I'm sure you could build a superbowl roster in year or two with your vast knowledge of the game and drafting. Your talent evals are off the charts.
    I would not say I have everything figured out. However, I would say that I am able to see some things that are painfully obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

The player we selected is not the one we should have. That is the problem with our third round pick. We were guilty of a major reach when a much better option was available. It was really two major errors at once that contributed to a third error being made later in the draft.

The thread is about our third round pick. It is not post only if you are going to sing the praises of our front office for their choice.
    And yet, you want to talk about another player beside our third round pick. Please just stay away if you’re not going to contribute anything meaningful to this thread and the discussion on JT Wood. Not fucking Travis Jones!

Leave a comment:

• Bearded14YourPleasure
    replied

Talk about our pick then! Say why he is a bad pick other than composite rankings and who makes you pitch a tent! Have you even watched film on him? No one here is trying to talk about the front office except you. We are here to talk about JT Woods. You know the guy whose name is in the thread title? I have no idea what part of that you can’t grasp. If you want to talk about Jones go make a thread about him.

I mean FFS at least last year with Palmer you actually talked about Palmer as a player and not some other player.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Exactly… OUR third round pick, not Baltimore’s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X