• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

LAC 2022 Draft - Value, Reaches and Steals

FYI I used the draft trade values ( where the player actually went vs where he was ranked) to measure the value in each pick .For ex Zion Johnson was projected to go 26 ( 700 value) but we got him at 17 ( 950 cost) so net value of -250. (great pick regardless of the # though)

This is just a quick numerical look to measure each each pick and limited as it doesn't consider trades, or need but FYI

We did ok on most picks. JT woods maybe went a little high ( but he may have been higher ranked on other boards) but we got a huge steal w Jamaree Salyer

Spiller and Horvath were good values too. * - supplemental pick

draft.png
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Zion is an elite talent, just that apparently OG for some people isn't as valuable as OT, for example. But ask yourself, would you rather have the top G (maybe a tie with Green) or the 4th best OT? If we can coach up Woods to tackle better, we got a steal. One stat by Woods stands out: With 6 picks, he LED THE NATION in interceptions. That's no small feat. Spiller is a solid, solid pick. We finally got a RB who is somewhere in the top 3. Some draftniks called him the best overall RB. And yes, Salyer--already a steal.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      Zion is an elite talent, just that apparently OG for some people isn't as valuable as OT, for example. But ask yourself, would you rather have the top G (maybe a tie with Green) or the 4th best OT? If we can coach up Woods to tackle better, we got a steal. One stat by Woods stands out: With 6 picks, he LED THE NATION in interceptions. That's no small feat. Spiller is a solid, solid pick. We finally got a RB who is somewhere in the top 3. Some draftniks called him the best overall RB. And yes, Salyer--already a steal.
      I agree. At the top of the draft there is a much larger value differential when the players may not be much different in value. Don't get me wrong I think that was an excellent pick regardless of the #s

Didn't know that about JT and hope he works out too.

Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-30-2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Staley interviewed Woods, must’ve heard something he liked. Trust in HC.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

I could give a rip about the rankings, whose rankings? 32 teams have 32 different rankings, the rankings don’t mean shit, this was a fantastic draft!
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Ontario , Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
            I could give a rip about the rankings, whose rankings? 32 teams have 32 different rankings, the rankings don’t mean shit, this was a fantastic draft!

No one said it wasn't .These rankings are done by experts who follow the draft too like at NFL.com so you can't just dismiss them because you may not like their findings. Not every top player scout is on an NFL coaching staff either. You only have to look at some of our past draft selections to see that.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

No one said it wasn't .These rankings are done by experts who follow the draft too like at NFL.com so you can't just dismiss them because you may not like their findings. Not every top player scout is on an NFL coaching staff either. You only have to look at some of our past draft selections to see that.
              I think the only disclaimer I would put is that consensus boards tend to be drastically different the deeper you go into the draft especially in day 3. Even day 2 is kind of weird. The Rams method to drafting definitely open my eyes to what team chooses to do later in the draft. At that point they ignore consensus boards and go with guys that fit their culture and a specific part of their scheme. If you have a subscription to The Athletic, it’s a good read.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Scouts that work for teams can only do so much, I’ve heard so many stories about how coaches, owners, and even GMs disregard what the scouts tell them and then players get drafted where they shouldn’t have anyways…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Here’s the Athletic breakdown of reaches and steals based on their consensus board. None of the players we drafted were apart of their top 10 reaches fortunately. Overall, we were ranked 25th out of 32. Not great at all. But the teams that did worse than us included playoff teams like the Rams, Bucs, Bengals, 49ers, and Patriots.

We look to the Consensus Big Board to gauge which teams did the best (and worst) at finding value in this year's NFL Draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                    Have to agree as the draft sims, draft ranking on the sites and even pundits are all over the place this year.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan

The biggest problem here is that people like Charles Manson sets these values from prison when he was alive, Now its the green river killer that sets the values. Chaincrusher is the only person I know here that worships on the alter of the green river killers rankings.
                      Twisted but Funny!

:smoking:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                      X