• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Senior Bowl Notes

Post them here. Chargers are speaking with Justin Evans SS as i post this.
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

I love this! Draft forum is gonna keep this mofo alive & well.

Time to FU this Spanoses
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This is going to be good!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Newly minted Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel had a front row seat for the annual Senior Bowl weigh-in spectacle. Between taking many congratulatory greetings from coaches around the…
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

From Walter Football: "A year ago in the Senior Bowl rumormill, I wrote that the Chargers had interest in Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa. Most projections had Bosa remaining as a base end in a 4-3 defense in the NFL, and the Chargers' 3-4 defense didn't seem like a logical fit for him, but San Diego sources felt Bosa was very versatile to do a variety of things up front. I mocked Bosa to the Chargers after that, but I wasn't wise enough to stay with that projection in the months to come.

This year, in speaking with San Diego Los Angeles sources, I get the impression that Ohio State safety Malik Hooker has caught their eye. They love his speed, range, and ball skills in the deep part of the field. They know there is some rawness to Hooker's game after being only a 1-year starter. He hasn't seen some route combinations yet that he will in the NFL, and he has room to improve his tackling, but his raw talent is undeniable. I think Los Angeles could easily take Hooker if he gets to their pick. "

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

North

South

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Chargers reportedly met with Jordan Sterns (FS, OK St.), Forrest Lamp (OT/G, WKU), and Ethan Pocic (C, LSU).

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Reddick killing it. Wormley looks amazing.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

First takes from the buzz surrounding the Senior Bowl:

- Alabama TE O.J. Howard seems to be far and away the most talented player there. Making one handed catches like OBJ seem second nature.

- Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon is getting a lot of buzz as looking very athletic and scheme versatile. Moves like a LB at 6'7" 280 lbs.

- Eastern Washington WR Cooper Kupp destroyed Iowa CB Desmond King on an out route for a long TD

- Pitt QB Nathan Peterman has been looking like the best QB out there. Some have put a 2nd Round grade on him.

- Western Kentucky OG Forrest Lamp generating Zack Martin comparisons. Could be a potential Top 15 pick, especially with his experience as a LT.

- Indiana OG Dan Feeny could challenge Lamp as best OG in the Draft.

- DE Jordan Willis from Kansas State had a top speed of 19.2 MPH, which was better than all RBs measured on Day 1.

- FSU CB Marquez White has shown a penchant for jumping a lot of routes

- Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall has been generating 1st Round buzz.

- Temple LB Hassan Reddick has been playing as an Inside Linebacker for the Senior Bowl. Looks more natural playing off the ball and has been rushing off the edge on 3rd Downs.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      First takes from the buzz surrounding the Senior Bowl:

- Alabama TE O.J. Howard seems to be far and away the most talented player there. Making one handed catches like OBJ seem second nature.

- Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon is getting a lot of buzz as looking very athletic and scheme versatile. Moves like a LB at 6'7" 280 lbs.

- Eastern Washington WR Cooper Kupp destroyed Iowa CB Desmond King on an out route for a long TD

- Pitt QB Nathan Peterman has been looking like the best QB out there. Some have put a 2nd Round grade on him.

- Western Kentucky OG Forrest Lamp generating Zack Martin comparisons. Could be a potential Top 15 pick, especially with his experience as a LT.

- Indiana OG Dan Feeny could challenge Lamp as best OG in the Draft.

- DE Jordan Willis from Kansas State had a top speed of 19.2 MPH, which was better than all RBs measured on Day 1.

- FSU CB Marquez White has shown a penchant for jumping a lot of routes

- Texas A&M DE Daeshon Hall has been generating 1st Round buzz.

- Temple LB Hassan Reddick has been playing as an Inside Linebacker for the Senior Bowl. Looks more natural playing off the ball and has been rushing off the edge on 3rd Downs.
                      Good stuff. Especially seeing some OL talent.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I imagine we are going to interview every S at the senior bowl, and then at the combine. We have a great need, and it doesn't hurt to talk to people. Ideally, we probably want Hooker, but we have to do the leg work in case someone else drafts him before we can.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍