In order of what I'd like:
    Garret DL TX
    Allen DL Ala
    Hooker S OSU
    Adams S LSU
    Williams WR Clemson
    Davis WR West Mich.
    Lattimore CB OSU

7 guys. I'd like one of the Safety's, as I think Garret and Allen will be gone.

What are your thoughts? Different order?
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Doesn't Hooker have some kind of medical issues or something? We overlooked them on guys like Cromartie and Allen but then they got hurt.. Castillo as well. Maybe the other Safety, but I'd rather go a different direction.

I don't know enough about these guys yet, but I would be tempted to pull a Millen this time and try to get a big play WR. This past season though, pre-combine, I think a bunch of guys were talking up L.Treadwell, and then he was basically invisible this year.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Hooker had a torn labrum and a abdominal hernia, both repaired by surgery.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
        Garret DL TX
        Allen DL Ala
        Hooker S OSU
        Adams S LSU
        Williams WR Clemson
        Davis WR West Mich.
        Lattimore CB OSU

Best 7 round draft ever.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
          Garret DL TX
          Allen DL Ala
          Hooker S OSU
          Adams S LSU
          Williams WR Clemson
          Davis WR West Mich.
          Lattimore CB OSU

I would definitely consider Solomon Thomas and Derek Barnett in that list also. I think both can be impact players.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

But given that Ingram will be playing LEO (weak side DE) you don't think they would probably go with another position? Also, we have more options at LB for the SAM spot, so Ingram wouldn't leave a hole there.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              But given that Ingram will be playing LEO (weak side DE) you don't think they would probably go with another position? Also, we have more options at LB for the SAM spot, so Ingram wouldn't leave a hole there.
              I think at one point in the past you mentioned Ingram at SAM. You must have been referring to a base 43. And then slotting in Ingram at Leo in the 43 Under look. With maybe Attaochu or Emmanuel at SAM. Ive been going over Thomas in my head at Leo opposite of Bosa with Ingram at SAM in the Under and Base 43 looks. Seattle also line Frank Clark up at ILB on some blitzes and was thinking Ingram could also do that sort of thing.

But i have also mentioned using Ingram at Leo and using a 2nd rounder on a guy like McKinley. I even mentioned someone who you are not high on but i am...and thats Reddick. In the 2nd round where i dont think he will be available. We dont agree on him but my point is maybe we can upgrade that position if we use Ingram at Leo and DE on base 43 looks. And the reason i suggest that is im not a fan of Attaochu and Emmanuel. Especially in coverage. Our current 34 OLBs might be better off as depth for our Leo/43 DE positions. Then you have Toomer is he ready to start at SAM? Im not sure. But is out of the question if we use Ingram at Leo to upgrade that SAM spot?

I wouldnt count it out is all im saying and thats why i have suggested a couple mocks with yet another OLB/SAM who is a solid pass rusher. McKinley/Reddick guy who can cover.

So we draft a Safety in the 1st and use a 2nd on a SAM. Thats all i was suggesting but maybe we wont need to.

Im sorry i jumped on you the other day for your feedback. I was having a very bad day. lol

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I thought Ingram might be a better fit at SAM, and then using him as the situational guy, like the Donks used Von Miller early in his career. The Frank Clark might be a better comparison. Given what I have been reading with Bradley, Ingram is going to be the weakside DE, and I don't think he is going to line up at SAM.

AS far as another OLB type, not sure drafting an OLB makes much sense, but it depends on how they are going to do things. Bradley likes to sit back and just rush guys most of the time. In Seattle, they rarely blitzed and he didn't pick up his blitzing much in Jacksonville much, even though he didn't have much in the way of pass rushers. I think the SAM LB is going to be a classic, read and react LB.

The thing that throws that into disorder a bit is that Atlanta, who plays the same scheme, used Beasley as their SAM, and he rushed a ton as part of their base rush. In fact they rushed 5 and awful lot of early/run downs. THey got a lot of 1 on 1 matchups, and they got a lot of sacks. In fact, if you look at the breakdown, a lot of those came on early downs. Beasley had a lot less impact on later downs than his 15.5 sacks suggest. So, it's possible, but it would be out of character for Bradley.

No matter who you get, they are playing in reverse, and that makes it tough to make much of an impact. It is a minimal impact position. Bosa and Ingram seem to have the edge rusher spots filled, so they are going to be the high impact guys coming off the edge. Both can play inside some, but I don't think we will move them inside enough to justify a high-ish pick to then drop in coverage most of the time and sub out on passing downs. Plus, we have a ton of guys who might not be ideal, but they are cheap and can play the spot, even if they are not great. They are the solid backups that that spot is.

Reddick and Toomer are similar types of players in that both move well, but both need a lot of work. I think Toomer is better right now, based on his improvement this season (during the year), but I agree, that both would need a lot of work before they are "finished". Reddick has much more upside, but he wasn't used as a read and react guy in college, and was not that good as a DE. I have a hard time thinking he takes over and starts right away. In time I think he will be a great player if he can make the tranisition to LB, but we already have a similar type of guy in Brown. All 3 (Brown, Toomer and Reddick) both have great movement skills, and can make some plays because they are always around the ball.

Toomer was orginally drafted to play SAM in Seattle (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/7/10/...r-korey-toomer), but has bounced around so much at all the LB spots in the 34 and 43, he may never be the ideal fit for any of them anymore. He was also supposedly a Bradley favorite before he left for Jacksonville. I don't know if Toomer has as much upside as Reddick, but I think he is a rising player who can get better, but will only do so if he gets more playing time. Given our other needs and the place we would have to draft another guy like Reddick (2nd?), I think the OG, C or S spots might be a better fit.

Personnally, I think we should draft as many SAM OLB type of guys we can. You can never have enough pass rushers, and if you stockpile them at both DE spots, the rush DT spot and OLB it gives you another spot to hide 1 or 2 guy, plus the tweener OLB types are perfect for playing ST, and even goalline offense at TE (ala Mike Vrabel). That being said, I am pretty sure Seattle/Bradley don't believe that. While I hope we would draft another edge guy who can rush the QB, I would be surpised if we did. We have lots of guys floating around from our 34 defense days, who could fill the spot and leave quality draft picks for more needs spots.

Of course all of this draft stuff is further complicated by TT not drafting for need, and going best available.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Im all over Thomas. lol That combine was better than Bosa. Hes probably a top 5 guy now.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

I think if Adams and Thomas are gone at 7, TT should either grab Williams or trade down with a team looking for QB.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Hooker. He will be the next Ed Reed. The injuries he has are not serious for a safety. He will change this defense dramatically for years.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Hooker. He will be the next Ed Reed. The injuries he has are not serious for a safety. He will change this defense dramatically for years.

TG
                        I'm on the Hooker bandwagon...
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢