• Nashville
    • Send PM

Lynn talks about drafting a QB and a few other things

• Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Its depressing how dead this place is. Its simply been abandoned. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. lol I dont think anybody really cares about this community.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Its depressing how dead this place is. Its simply been abandoned. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. lol I dont think anybody really cares about this community.
      I hear you. I think it's just the reality of some fans feeling betrayed by Spanos. I think things may slowly pick back up when camp and pre-season get here, but it will take years, if ever, for things to more "normal".

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I hope Lynn doesn't convince Telesco to use a high pick on a QB that will sit three years. The team needs so much more first. Lynn isn't the GM. Don't listen to him.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          I hope Lynn doesn't convince Telesco to use a high pick on a QB that will sit three years. The team needs so much more first. Lynn isn't the GM. Don't listen to him.
          I actually agree with Lynn -- the Chargers do have to draft a QB prospect. In fact, I would keep doing it each year until they find a good one while Rivers is still around. Pretty sure what Lynn/Telesco mean is that they will look for a lower round guy who is developmental (at least that is what I would do) as opposed to drafting a first rounder. The historical stats show a lot of first round busts at the position and I agree there is no purpose to drafting someone like that to sit around for 3-4 years. The last time they tried it was with Sorenson who showed a little early promise but then just couldn't cut it.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I actually agree with Lynn -- the Chargers do have to draft a QB prospect. In fact, I would keep doing it each year until they find a good one while Rivers is still around. Pretty sure what Lynn/Telesco mean is that they will look for a lower round guy who is developmental (at least that is what I would do) as opposed to drafting a first rounder. The historical stats show a lot of first round busts at the position and I agree there is no purpose to drafting someone like that to sit around for 3-4 years. The last time they tried it was with Sorenson who showed a little early promise but then just couldn't cut it.

TG
            As long as it isn't a first or second. They are talking Mahomes as a first round pick. That's how weak this QB class is.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

I think this QB interest is liars month smoke screen. Philip has 3-4 years left. You don't draft a top prospect with that many miles left on Rivers. A late round development guy sure but, not a top tier prospect. You meet with everyone so that there is enough doubt sown to work the bluff needed for a trade.

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                I think this QB interest is liars month smoke screen. Philip has 3-4 years left. You don't draft a top prospect with that many miles left on Rivers. A late round development guy sure but, not a top tier prospect. You meet with everyone so that there is enough doubt sown to work the bluff needed for a trade.
                yep, this...

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Or maybe it's the truth. Could Rivers become trade bait once a QB to their liking is drafted?
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

Maybe Rivers has told the team he does not want to play/live in LA long term and he has agreed to play one year here but that is it either by trade or retirement?
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
                      Or maybe it's the truth. Could Rivers become trade bait once a QB to their liking is drafted?
                      No! That would be really stupid.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        No! That would be really stupid.
                        The Spanii family motto is "Stupid are us."
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞