Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt-O
    replied
    In the fifth round, the Chargers took another defensive back, Desmond King, a former Iowa cornerback who profiles as both a zone-oriented corner and a strong safety.

King is an astute player who, similar to Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward, is adept at reading routes and patterns.

He finds the ball.

After amassing 29 intereceptions for his Michigan high school, he had 14 career interceptions. His eight pickoffs as a junior in 2015 tied the Iowa record.

King is an efficient tackler, with only 11 missed tackles in 176 attempts, per Pro Football Focus.

He has good agility, but subpar long speed, clocking 4.60 in the 40-yard dash at his Pro Day after declining to run at the NFL Scouting Combine.

A candidate to back up the injury-prone Jahleel Addae at strong safety, King also may work at multiple corner spots in Bradley’s scheme.

-Krasovic

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied
    I'm thinking not a bunch of tape on him in the 2016, because they avoided his side. I hope he's not on a plateau.

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Why did he drop?
    Measurables.......but look out for the intangibles

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    I had him in the 2rd round. Hes an easy slot corner as well as FS.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied
    The Chargers got some real value with CB Desmond King in the 5th round. King has the ball skills and instincts to make plays and he was one of the top tackling CBs I watched on tape. King also brings the versatility to move around in the secondary and impact special teams.
    Matt Bowen, ESPN Staff Writer

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Why did he drop?

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    Beathard found Rodney Harrison in the 5th Round out of Western Illinois. Ya never know......

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied
    He'll replace Lowery for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied
    I dig the fact he was a 2015 Jim Thorpe Award winner. Hey, best in the nation. Shows production, despite a bit of a lesser 2016 season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X