• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

No but who do you take this year?? Josh rosen is iffy, dsrnold is a loose cannon who should have went back to usc, lamar jackson is a run first qb never runs to extend plays just takes off like an old school mike Vick, baker mayfield short, but of a gunslinger questionable character, luke falk who can make all the throws but his mind isnt on the same page as his arm, browning lacks the arm strength you want and decision making, this qb draft is nothing but question marks i dont think theres a qb this year where you can look at him and say he coukd save a franchise, imo we should have taken watson last year, but we went with mike and im not mad but watson would have been a better pick
    I think you might look to much into arm strength. Don't get me wrong Arm strength is important but if I'm selecting a QB the first thing i'm looking at is there QB rating and then I look at how accurate they are. If you look at drew brees I wouldn't say he has the strongest arm but I would put money down that he is one of the most accurate QB's. But to be honest with you the QB I want them to draft is Herbert out of Oregon. But he most likely won't come out til next season when he's a junior.

Comment

• charger1993
      charger1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      No not at all, im not saying that because of their arm strength theyre bad, im just stating they have less than idral arm strength, im trying to find the most complete qb in the draft basically, i dont want us to take a qb with a huge arm but a 2 cent head, or some one whose smart but cant make the throws you need him to. Brees is an exception he played alright on the chargers but at new orleans he became a robot, idk what happened but hes a hell of a qb
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Is Rivers going to be around for 4 more seasons? Seriously... I don't see that as likely. It would be great, but I'd be surprised.
    I don't know about 4 but I think 3 years is a very good possibility.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

I don't know about 4 but I think 3 years is a very good possibility.
      Same here, with Rivers finally getting some solid weapons that stay healthy he was second in the NFL in Passing Yards and top ten in QB rating, if the OLine improves and Mike Williams can come in and contribute he will be having too much fun to retire
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

At some point, QB start to lose their timing. I remember when Jim Kelly was playing his last season, you could see him late in the year when the rest of the Bills were playing at a high level, giving him plenty of time in a clean pocket and open receivers running downfield, but he couldn't make the throws. The timing was off on everything, and not going where he placed it. That was the end.

At some point the same thing will happen to Rivers, if he doesn't call it quits before that. His brain may want to keep playing, but the body is not necessarily willing. At that point, he will have to retire, no matter how much the rest of his body wants to keep playing. It certainly hasn't yet, but it will at some point. We need to be ready for that day.

I still think people are being a little quick on Cordale Jones, considering he didn't know the offense in preseason. He played reasonably well with players he didn't know and an offense he didn't understand. That is not to say I wouldn't bring someone else in, but he is still in the mix.

Comment

Working...
        X