• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Underated edge rushers

I'm thinking we may replace Attachu and see some interesting prospects.

Thoughts?
    Go Rivers!
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Sweat and Turay could be good fits.

Anybody thinking Davenport is in our 1st round grouping?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Sweat sounds like the anti Attachu but I like him.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Ideally, you would want to draft someone to play the SAM/OTTO position to replace Emmanuel. Not that he would get to play much in the base D. I see the starting SAM/OTTO position as a good place to put a developing edge rusher/OLB tweener and giving him a chance be on the roster while he learns the finer points.

Ultimately, the real success for this person would be as a situational rusher or if they really develop to play some as the LEO rush DE. Ingram and Bosa are both the kinds of rushers who can line inside or outside. It is far easier to find edge rushers, so it would help our rush line and late game pass rush to mass as many edge rushers as we can. See the decisive sack by Brandon Graham, who is listed at DE but was playing 3 tech for Philly when he got the sack that beat NE.

Right now, with McCain, we have 1 guy who can help in that regard. Adding more certainly wouldn't hurt. I don't think we need to break the bank drafting one too early, but adding someone to be part of a rotation as a middle round pick wouldn't hurt.

I do think adding a 3 tech who can make plays on earlier downs to sub in with Phillon would be a higher priority.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍