Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on how the picks fall in this mock draft I would rather draft Da'Ron Payne over Leighton Vander Esch. Payne is my second favorite player at the defensive tackle position after Vita Vea. I think Vea or Payne would be an excellent fit on our defense and it gives us another young stud defensive player to build around. Esch is a talented linebacker but I'm not totally sold on him as a year one contributor, he needs time to develop and ready himself for an every down role. So considering we are wanting to make the play offs and contend for a Super Bowl, I would take Payne because he can be a year one contributor and would make our D-Line better.

I've no major issue with the Jessie Bates selection. We do need help at the safety position and he does have the talent to be a decent player. However, I would select Isaiah Oliver, CB out of Colorado. Oliver needs time to develop but that is perfect for us because we have Verrett and Hayward in front of him, and considering Verrett's tendency to get injured it is good insurance to have someone with Oliver's talent and upside. It also gives us the option to replace Verrett if we decide to not extend him.

Derrick Nnadi is a decent enough pick for the third round if we don't go DT in the first or second round, however I would like to see us consider Josey Jewell, LB out of Iowa if the board falls in this manner. Alternatively Darius Leonard, LB out of South Carolina State could have appeal as well. Of the two I would prefer Josey Jewell.

I'm not a fan of the Brandon Parker pick in the fourth round. I would rather pick Chuks Okorafor over Parker because Okorafor has significant more upside. Both players are projects rather than starters but the advantage of Okorafor is he could potentially player either tackle position depending on how he develops. One player I would consider here is Kerryon Johnson, RB out of Auburn. He offers a lot of upside and could be the perfect partner to Melvin Gordon. We've seen how effective one-two punch running back combinations can be. I like Ekeler and he did have an impressive rookie season but I consider Johnson to have more upside and has three down starter potential if we decide to move on from Gordon rather than extend him.

Another pick I am not particularly fond of is Bo Scarbrough. Granted in the fifth round onward you don't always get perfect talent but I don't think this kid would be a good selection. He's a bruising running back with limited upside. Of the backs available I would rather take John Kelly because he offers more upside, he has more vision running the ball and is a decent pass catcher. But based on this mock the kid I would be picking in this round is Armani Watts, safety out of Texas A&M. This kid should go on day two based off his talent and upside. So he would be an absolute steal at this point in the draft!

So my preferred selections are:

#17 Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
    #48 Isaiah Oliver, CB, Coloradi
    #84 Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
    #119 Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
    #155 Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M

Comment

• Panamamike
      Panamamike commented
      Editing a comment
      Another nice group.
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

I could live with that draft
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• richpjr
      richpjr commented
      Editing a comment
      I could to, but I'd sure like to draft an olinemen every year.
Working...
X