Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Draft Network sure is high on your guy Nauta:

Nauta offers athletic upside

With the NFL Scouting Combine just weeks away, there is still a lot more to learn about the prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft. The Scouting Combine can help to separate players who have similar traits on film.

Looking at the tight end class, there is a logjam after what I view as a clear top two; T.J. Hockenson and Noah Fant. Based on the film, one of my favorites in the next tier is Georgia's Isaac Nauta.

In my opinion, Nauta is a sure-fire future starter in the NFL, with a well-balanced game that should translate easily. Despite just modest production in the receiving game, Nauta made the most of his opportunities. On just 35 targets, he accumulated 30 receptions, 430 yards and 3 touchdowns. That was good for an ultra-efficient 85.7% completion when targeted and 12.3 yards per target. Despite the somewhat limited passing reps, he showed complete ability as a pass-catching tight end.

A former 5-star recruit, Nauta has obvious athleticism for his size. He caught this underneath pass against Auburn and showed off ability in picking up yards after the catch:

Funny, i just have not heard any buzz like this here. He was born about 10 miles from my house too. I would love to see us snag him late.....now that doesn't look to good......

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Funny, i just have not heard any buzz like this here. He was born about 10 miles from my house too. I would love to see us snag him late.....now that doesn't look to good......
      Lance Zeroline at NFL.com has this assessment of Nauta:

Overview
      With his play speed, ability to maintain separation and ready-steady hands, Nauta fits the mold of a "matchup tight end" with the ability to factor in on all three levels. He doesn't need scheme help to uncover against man coverage and has potential to become a solid move blocker to help elevate the perimeter run game. He's on the smaller side which could work against him, but he has enough athletic ability and pass-catching talent to outplay his draft slotting.

Strengths
      • Runs well and plays fast Subtle speed alterations inside his routes Accelerates through the turn to gain space on defender Quick to find coverage gap between linebackers and safeties Has the ability to stress safeties Won't gear down when locating the football Hands catcher with soft, supportive mitts Catches away from his body Runs away from linebackers when he catches in stride Makes necessary adjustments as blocker in space Hustles to cut-off blocks on second and third levels

Weaknesses
      • Long, lean legs carry his frame
      • Not as natural knee bender at point of attack
      • His attack is too upright and lacks proper leverage
      • Needs better physicality at the top of the route in the league
      • Has to learn to reset his hands for better block sustain
      • Tasked with basic routes populated by speed outs
      • Won't shake many tackles after the catch.
      All Combine and Draft-Related Analysis, News, Video, and Biographical Information for Isaac Nauta

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

I could see a team burning a late 3 or 4 on his potential. Too high for us based on needs........

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

this guy is getting some love in some circles, and he profiles as a backup MLB.... think he's pretty much UDFA or pass by my take ??

really like his intangibles, and.... the tape I saw of him is fairly uninspiring.

http://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/3-potential-heirs-for-ryan-shazier-in-pittsburgh
          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍