• Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Farmer doesn't think we'd have to trade up for Wilkins
    I'm just not a fan of Wilkins. I watched him a lot last year, not much this year for lack of time. I can't remember exactly what i didn't like (something to do with his power/hand usage/lack of counters on pass rushes) but he was neutralized for long stretches in the games i watched. Has he improved?

It didn't surprise me at all that he didn't enter the draft last year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      At the time of this post, I'm seeing Wilkins at 33%. Is this poll about who we think the Chargers will pick...or who we would pick if we could rub a little lamp, and wish our favorite of that bunch to slide into the 28 spot?

Yea...Wilkins was in my original mock...but I have come to grips with the fact that he will almost certainly be gone. I didn't count on James last year...and when a miracle happened, it was all the sweeter. In the meantime, I'm going back to reality this year. Especially with Simmons tearing that ACL, Wilkins is gone.

Another interesting thing...again, at the time of this post, Dex was getting 20% of the vote. Does anybody really think the Bolts are gonna spend the 28th pick on him...or are people just voting for what they would secretly like us to do? I haven't seen any indication that this staff covets that type of player...I do, personally...but the team seems to prefer the more athletic NTs, vs massive walls like Lawrence.
      It's who people want. I'd choose Elgton Jenkins, but he wasn't an option.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        I think the DTs get picked over pretty good...at least those we like...and I have a hunch, regardless of my own desires, or those of many fans on this forum, that the Bolts have no big plans to address oline...lot of young guys in that group, I think they are gonna get another year of evaluation before they figure out where it needs to be addressed

I see it being a skill position...most likely CB or Safety...lot of talent there, I think it will be the best value/BPA...and we can not only use a single high, but any team can always use a gifted cornerback.

For my money, I like Abram(who can cover, and does have range to play FS) Thornhill, CGJ...and then you also have to consider what to do if Byron Murphy slips down there, or if you think Rock Ya-Sin's meteoric rise is justified...

Again, my gut tells me DB, with a ton of scenarios where a high value is there for us at 28.
        I like your thinking: too much focus on DTs here and not enough on free safeties/corners.

With Tyreek Hill & the manner in which New England shredded the Charger D, making the pass rush irrelevant, that has to be Telesco's top priority.

They think they addressed that somewhat at linebacker with the signing of Thomas Davis, & the return to health of their other injured linebackers; now Telesco has to add speed to the defensive backfield: it's slow.

I think linebacker & the interior are the two prime areas they want to solidify. Having said that, if Christian Wilkins is the top football player at available at #28, that's who they will draft.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I seem to preface every post with
          "haven't been looking at film as much compared to years past"
          but the first CB I saw was Greedy, and while he's fallen out of favor with jist about everyone, I still see him as the best CB period.
          not like top half first round but damn close
          .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
          .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
          .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
          .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
          .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
          .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
          .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
          .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
          .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I like your thinking: too much focus on DTs here and not enough on free safeties/corners.

With Tyreek Hill & the manner in which New England shredded the Charger D, making the pass rush irrelevant, that has to be Telesco's top priority.

They think they addressed that somewhat at linebacker with the signing of Thomas Davis, & the return to health of their other injured linebackers; now Telesco has to add speed to the defensive backfield: it's slow.

I think linebacker & the interior are the two prime areas they want to solidify. Having said that, if Christian Wilkins is the top football player at available at #28, that's who they will draft.
            having good CBs is nice and wouldn't mind if they drafted another but I really don't think CB is a need for us.
            The only guy we lost was Verrett and we hadn't had him the last two seasons anyways. Havent had him much for 5 years lol. However if one is falling to us that is a good value then cool.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-07-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              I seem to preface every post with
              "haven't been looking at film as much compared to years past"
              but the first CB I saw was Greedy, and while he's fallen out of favor with jist about everyone, I still see him as the best CB period.
              not like top half first round but damn close

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

having good CBs is nice and wouldn't mind if they drafted another but I really don't think CB is a need for us.
                The only guy we lost was Verrett and we hadn't had him the last two seasons anyways. Havent had him much for 5 years lol. However if one is falling to us that is a good value then cool.
                I do see CB as a need with Hayward losing a step, but I see DT, S and OT as bigger areas of need. If, however, the Bolts have a CB clearly head and shoulders rated ahead of anyone on the board at these three positions at #28, then go with BPA...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I do see CB as a need with Hayward losing a step, but I see DT, S and OT as bigger areas of need. If, however, the Bolts have a CB clearly head and shoulders rated ahead of anyone on the board at these three positions at #28, then go with BPA...
                  It's clear to me but if a D. Sanders is there at 28...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

It's clear to me but if a D. Sanders is there at 28...
                    Saunders's stock sure is going up...I guess I'll have to revise my mock...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It's who people want. I'd choose Elgton Jenkins, but he wasn't an option.
                      Top 20 guy on my board.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• mecho
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

If he is on the board I think we go Adderley at 28 gives us a Seattle esqe vibe. Otherwise DT OT are also potential areas of need.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

That would be a fine addition....Nasir at 28

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀