• Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Let's go to Roger...
    in his basement...
    in his pajamas...
    With his kitten in his lap.

I am excited, but I have a feeling this is going to be hard to watch. Technically speaking.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Former friend of the Chargers program, Kyle Posey (aka KP Show ) with a look at this top 15. A few years ago, Posey was with I think Garrett Sisti and others on youtube moderating the draft and he had a couple nuggets IIRC correctly: 1) Rivers didn't want the team to take Watson 2) Bolles was pretty highly touted.
      Here is his top 15 and I like his #6 pick:

Lemme take a crack at the top 15: CIN - Burrow WAS - Young MIA- Thomas NYG - Wirfs DET -Brown LAC - Simmons CAR - Okudah TB - Wills ATL - Henderson CLE - Becton MIA - Herbert LVR - Lamb Philly - Ruggs AZ- Jones DEN - Jeudy Think Tua slides then someone trades up for him

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

I don't think the Chargers are taking QB. I think they might have smokescreen us with all the links to Herbert. Just the vibe I'm getting plus they've doubled down on the Tyrod talk. So I suspect Telesco will be targeting one of Andrew Thomas, Issiah Simmons, Jeffrey Okudah, the other OL with #6

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          I don't think the Chargers are taking QB. I think they might have smokescreen us with all the links to Herbert. Just the vibe I'm getting plus they've doubled down on the Tyrod talk. So I suspect Telesco will be targeting one of Andrew Thomas, Issiah Simmons, Jeffrey Okudah, the other OL with #6
          If you want to give Tyrod Taylor the best chance of being successful: the pick, probably in this order would be: top LT, Simmons, Brown, Okudah

And again, why sign Linval Bulaga and Harris. Those are more than stop gaps at OT, DL and CB. They could have signed "stop gaps" for cheaper dollars to roll out Tyrod and let a rookie sit.

(maybe I am overthinking it but truly - if a team wants Tyrod to succeed - give him a player at 6 that can help him or the team the most)

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            You may not think the Bolts are taking QB...but the Dolphins sure do!!
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You may not think the Bolts are taking QB...but the Dolphins sure do!!
              I hope they do think the Bolts are taking QB - maybe they are doing enough talking to make it seem like they are taking QB and they take Derrick Brown

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Picking Derrick Brown would piss me off.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Not quite sold on Herbert. Tua's injury history is worrisome. Got a good gut feeling about Love.
                  I'd rather take the chance with both over Love.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ]....TE=Lone Bolt View Post
                    GOOD MORNING WEST COASTERS!!!!

I was gonna start an Official Draft Day Thread, but I will leave that to some of the more esteemed elders here...after all, I had the privilege of representing the Bolts in the forum mock...let someone else have this dubious honor...

But while I am waiting for you sleepy heads to wake up, and I have the stage mostly to myself, wanna lay out some last minute thoughts...

Seem to say this every year about one position or another, but...this seems like a really deep draft, across the board, especially first two days...particularly skill position players like wr and qb...but also offensive tackle. This was a pretty good year to have had injury misfortune and an aging QB who got a little desperate...

Simmons, Tua, Herbert...in that order. Seems to come down to those three for the most part, yes? Honestly, there are quite a few other players I would be good with also...Thomas, Okuda, Bechton, Brown, Wirfs....but I figure the first three are the big ones, the ones in play.

I think it will be hard to be disappointed for me...very open minded this year, as I really don't have a clue which way we are planning to go... but trading a great deal to move up, or making a big reach at 6(Love, for example) would do the trick.

If Simmons is gone, and we like one of the second tier QBs, would love a trade down. I have always been a quality over quantity guy, but I like a lot of players in this draft, but would also like to add a QB to the room...getting an extra couple of picks would be a nice way to reap the best of both worlds, and I like some of those second round tackles like Prince, Josh, Lucas, and Ezra...

Happened to watch some film with Swift in it late last night....I had him fall in our laps in that forum mock and took him...and I really kinda got a crush. Up to now, I have been more a Taylor guy, but also felt (like many) that adding a late round RB to our committee would suffice...but watching Swift's jump cuts and acceleration....? Shades of LT...I could get over it if we nabbed him at the top of the second.

Jake Fromm guys....don't be pissed if we take him...most underrated QB prospect in this draft...Drew Brees 2.0...4th or trade back into the 3rd, he would be a bargain as a potential francise guy, who's floor is outstanding career backup/clipboard guru. Let's just hope he goes to somebody in the top 100...gotta bet going with Ninja...

I won't hog any more space, so I will close with a final thought. As much as I would like to add a QB to the room, be it Tua/Herbert, or one of the second tier guys....if we roll through this draft without picking a QB, I will have a ton of respect for TT and Lynn. Don't trade away the future for the guy...and if the guy doesnt' fall to you, don't reach for another guy, just to pick a QB.

I don't think I have been this excited/revved up for a draft since 2004...can't wait!!
                    Well, I do not think he is Drew Brees 2.0. However, though I am not a nicname advocate,...... but if we did draft him, he will have the best nicname here with

Jake Fromm Statefarm

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      ....TE=Lone Bolt;n985386]GOOD MORNING WEST COASTERS!!!!

I was gonna start an Official Draft Day Thread, but I will leave that to some of the more esteemed elders here...after all, I had the privilege of representing the Bolts in the forum mock...let someone else have this dubious honor...

But while I am waiting for you sleepy heads to wake up, and I have the stage mostly to myself, wanna lay out some last minute thoughts...

Seem to say this every year about one position or another, but...this seems like a really deep draft, across the board, especially first two days...particularly skill position players like wr and qb...but also offensive tackle. This was a pretty good year to have had injury misfortune and an aging QB who got a little desperate...

Simmons, Tua, Herbert...in that order. Seems to come down to those three for the most part, yes? Honestly, there are quite a few other players I would be good with also...Thomas, Okuda, Bechton, Brown, Wirfs....but I figure the first three are the big ones, the ones in play.

I think it will be hard to be disappointed for me...very open minded this year, as I really don't have a clue which way we are planning to go... but trading a great deal to move up, or making a big reach at 6(Love, for example) would do the trick.

If Simmons is gone, and we like one of the second tier QBs, would love a trade down. I have always been a quality over quantity guy, but I like a lot of players in this draft, but would also like to add a QB to the room...getting an extra couple of picks would be a nice way to reap the best of both worlds, and I like some of those second round tackles like Prince, Josh, Lucas, and Ezra...

Happened to watch some film with Swift in it late last night....I had him fall in our laps in that forum mock and took him...and I really kinda got a crush. Up to now, I have been more a Taylor guy, but also felt (like many) that adding a late round RB to our committee would suffice...but watching Swift's jump cuts and acceleration....? Shades of LT...I could get over it if we nabbed him at the top of the second.

Jake Fromm guys....don't be pissed if we take him...most underrated QB prospect in this draft...Drew Brees 2.0...4th or trade back into the 3rd, he would be a bargain as a potential francise guy, who's floor is outstanding career backup/clipboard guru. Let's just hope he goes to somebody in the top 100...gotta bet going with Ninja...

I won't hog any more space, so I will close with a final thought. As much as I would like to add a QB to the room, be it Tua/Herbert, or one of the second tier guys....if we roll through this draft without picking a QB, I will have a ton of respect for TT and Lynn. Don't trade away the future for the guy...and if the guy doesnt' fall to you, don't reach for another guy, just to pick a QB.

I don't think I have been this excited/revved up for a draft since 2004...can't wait!!
                      Well, I do not think he is Drew Brees 2.0. However, though I am not a nicname advocate,...... but if we did draft him, he will have the best nicname here with

Jake Fromm Statefarm[/QUOTE]

LOL, I forgot about that handle...Boomer will come out of retirement for that alone.

Interesting I like him...Corporate and Regional HQ of State Farm is right here in Bloomington, Il. My wife worked there for a few years.
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Jake Fromm Statefarm
                        LOL, I forgot about that handle...Boomer will come out of retirement for that alone.

Interesting I like him...Corporate and Regional HQ of State Farm is right here in Bloomington, Il. My wife worked there for a few years.
                        Yeah...everytime he throws a TD we can yell STATEFARM!

That can be fun at least.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

According to L. Zierlein, J. Herbert will slide to 18th.
                          According to P. Schrager, it will be Tua at 16th.
                          Which scenario is the most probable ?

Comment

Working...
                          X