• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EnglishBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • UK
    • Send PM

I mean TT has hit on his draft picks more times than he has missed.

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      will also add for anyone willing to give him slack picking @28 and the back of every round.... the Pats kicked our arse selecting at the end of every round.

learning how to stockpile more than the standard issue seven selections would help things quite a bit.... can you say Ingram/Gordon going forward.

also wonder if peoples surmise the same as eye, that if you're a good Catholic and/or young god fearing Christian man, that that goes a long way in Charger draft circles ??

and team captain, not to mention once or twice over.... is that objectively weighted in Chargers draft circles ??

and as have said many times, am an intangibles guy, and am not aware of any Chargers scout or director who has that sixth sense when it comes to drafting ??

we need one of those peoples.... along w/the metrics and other stuff.
      I thought by posting all the drafts people would look at his draft patterns somewhat, his early years werent that great but ge was young so you cant really put to much weight on it.

I do find it interesting the olinemen he always draft, typically " strong upper body, slow to average foot speed, often seen as a intelligent player" yet we've missed on literally every one * this year is dan feeneys redemption year, and lamp chance to prove himself*

When i rate drafts i rate them on did we fill position of need? Did we get good value?? Did we get starters??? Its pretty hard to get an A from me, it takes luck to be on your side, Cuz A to A plus drafts are hard to get.

But i do think tommy has to stop acting so smug, and just do his job. He knows what Bpa isand he brushed it off when asked saying we've never heard of that.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by EnglishBolt View Post
        I mean TT has hit on his draft picks more times than he has missed.
        2013 >> 1
        2014 >> 1 (if you count Verrett.... I do)
        2015 >> 3.5
        2016 >> 4 or so
        2017 >> 4 or so
        2018 >> 4 or so
        2019 >> 3.5

if you give him the benefit of the doubt, think he's a pretty solid 50 percent in his picks, which is pretty much avg for an NFL GM.

hopefully he is getting better @things and which will come out in the wash....
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

the draft is a (very) tough biz.

that said, do think the Coupon God is gonna have to take his game up a notch, and sooner than later, and....

to be fair, when you talk about Telesco, and when related to personnel, you're really talking 'bout team Tommy John, as young Spanos stirs the pot as much as anyone me suspex.

that said again, Tom's job title is GM, so in effect it's his job to tell the HC and Director of Football Operations when they're off base and that they need to reevaluate things, and....

of which I don't see/sense as Telesco's strength/way in the world, as he seems to be a master of herding cats, and keeping consensus in the order that keeps most peoples happy enough, and.... don't know if that's gonna be enough/cut it going forward.

looking over Denver's roster will be surprised if they don't win the division w/about eleven wins, and think Reid and Mahomes will keep the Chiefs afloat long enough to reach the playoffs and make double digit wins, albeit prolly falling behind/being overtaken by the Bronks.

think we're looking @third in the division w/Mayock and Co. closing fast.... they have the same problems we do on their Oline, and perhaps going to replace their QB sooner than later, but their secondary just got worlds better, along w/a very decent receiving corps.... they are no gimme going forward.

Telesco's best asset is also perhaps his achilles heel (in the draft and in making personnel decisions).... he is sentimental, and of which we all love post AJ, and.... sooner or later he's gonna have to answer to the public @large, and not find himself susceptible to being smug or answering questions w/you're only as good as your (12-4) record.

enjoy it while you can Tom, and.... game needs to go up a notch.

grading drafts is tough.... would say his first couple were very avg, and after our record fell and our draft slotting rose, so did his draft selections, as would call his third and fourth years hauls a bit above avg, albeit now back to selecting at the rear of the caboose, he just returned to a (very) avg draft.... and of course that could change based on Pipkins or one of the other longshots that he took in the middle stanza, and.... don't like who he left on the table.... guys like Cajuste, Stidham, Prince, Oruwariye and Kelvin Harmon.

he has done the same thing in the past w/Star Lotulelei and Ryan Ramczyk, and....

like eye said, the draft is a tough biz.... just ask Malik McDowell and many, many others.

all that said, he did sign up for the job, and his title does read GM.

if he wants to continue to just be the de facto GM and defer to young John, then so be it and the best of luck to the all of 'em.

if he wants to do otherwise, think he's gonna have to gain some of that proverbial sand in his pants and call it like he sees it, and run astray of consensus when he deems it necessary.

and not sure he doesn't need to (Spring) clean out some AJ residue/holdover from his scouting ranks ??
          So lemme guess and just throw this out there.

Had Telesco drafted Stidham at 28, Cajuste at 60 and Love at 91, you would be loving this draft and declare us as the division favorite?

​​​​Is that accurate?

Even though Stidham won't play for three years, Love = Ekeler and Cajuste may or may not be able to start as a rookie and be better than Tevi?

Because as i see it, you are just kind of complaining that we didn't get your guys.
          ​​ Prince imo isnt that impression of a OT prospect. Pipkins very well may have a lot more upside.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-30-2019, 12:12 PM.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• EnglishBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • UK
            • Send PM

2013 >> 1
            2014 >> 1 (if you count Verrett.... I do)
            2015 >> 3.5
            2016 >> 4 or so
            2017 >> 4 or so
            2018 >> 4 or so
            2019 >> 3.5

if you give him the benefit of the doubt, think he's a pretty solid 50 percent in his picks, which is pretty much avg for an NFL GM.

hopefully he is getting better @things and which will come out in the wash....

I don't think you can rate this year's draft yet. We don't really know enough about these guys yet.

The first two drafts haven't been great, but he has consistently hit on the last five drafts. Heck, if you want to go even further we've hit on some great UDFA, such as Tyrell Williams, Austin Ekeler, Trevor Williams and Adrian Phillips...

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So lemme guess and just throw this out there.

Had Telesco drafted Stidham at 28, Cajuste at 60 and Love at 91, you would be loving this draft and declare us as the division favorite?

​​​​Is that accurate?

Even though Stidham won't play for three years, Love = Ekeler and Cajuste may or may not be able to start as a rookie and be better than Tevi?

Because as i see it, you are just kind of complaining that we didn't get your guys.
              ​​ Prince imo isnt that impression of a OT prospect. Pipkins very well may have a lot more upside.
              yes I woulda been quite happy w/that draft.... surprised but satisfied, and....

from my pov, the FO gets all the intel, so 'tis only fair that I get hindsight in amassing my draft haul: have already listed my trade down scenario w/NY, of which would not only include those three, but Prince, Oruwariye, Harmon and Coney, along w/Adderley and either AJ Brown or Erik McCoy.

so yeah, that draft haul woulda been pretty darn impressive, and....

you're happy w/the middle three picks ??

and Rivers/Rodgers didn't play for how many years ?? and yeah, who knows how Stidham pans out, and yeah.... very much like the guy's odds.

and Love is an injury train wreck waiting to happen, and.... if I've got a boatload of picks, 'tis easier to take a flyer on him (I liked Steve's breakdown where there was an option to add explosive running plays to the equation.... B. Love does that)

and I get it that Cajuste is much more a pass blocker and not so much a run blocker.... Pipkins passes the eye test.... hoping he pulls it off.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

yes I woulda been quite happy w/that draft.... surprised but satisfied, and....

from my pov, the FO gets all the intel, so 'tis only fair that I get hindsight in amassing my draft haul: have already listed my trade down scenario w/NY, of which would not only include those three, but Prince, Oruwariye, Harmon and Coney, along w/Adderley and either AJ Brown or Erik McCoy.

so yeah, that draft haul woulda been pretty darn impressive, and....

you're happy w/the middle three picks ??

and Rivers/Rodgers didn't play for how many years ?? and yeah, who knows how Stidham pans out, and yeah.... very much like the guy's odds.

and Love is an injury train wreck waiting to happen, and.... if I've got a boatload of picks, 'tis easier to take a flyer on him (I liked Steve's breakdown where there was an option to add explosive running plays to the equation.... B. Love does that)

and I get it that Cajuste is much more a pass blocker and not so much a run blocker.... Pipkins passes the eye test.... hoping he pulls it off.
                Can't say I'm happy or upset. They did a lot more homework on these guys than I did and they are paid to study these guys all year. I'm just rolling with it and hope for the best. Telesco has been drafting pretty well lately.

They may all contribute a lot in time. Perhaps this year.
                I didn't like Phillips his rookie year at all but then he improved a lot playing elsewhere than safety and I think Tranquill can be better than him.

I certainly wouldn't say that we will be third in the division over it. I don't think Denver roster is better than ours.
                For one, Flacco isn't that great and Elway can say he is coming into his prime all he wants but his best days are behind him. Their OL isn't.great and I like Lindsey but the other RB is meh. I'd rather have Ekeler.

Gruden and Mayock got ripped on the radio yesterday over their draft although I like what they did for the most part
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-30-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

22-8...the Chargers record since Oct. 2 2017.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    I certainly wouldn't say that we will be third in the division over it. I don't think Denver roster is better than ours.
                    For one, Flacco isn't that great and Elway can say he is coming into his prime all he wants but his best days are behind him. Their OL isn't.great and I like Lindsey but the other RB is meh. I'd rather have Ekeler.

Gruden and Mayock got ripped on the radio yesterday over their draft although I like what they did for the most part
                    was a big fan of Courtland Sutton last year and he did not disappoint, and feel similar re: Noah Fant.... thought he woulda been good w/Mariota, but don't doubt that Flacco will take full advantage, and.... DaeSean Hamilton is a solid.

if Ja'Wuan James and/or Bolles do anything, Connor McGovern is a straight baller, and Dalton Risner very much a solid.... their Oline should be (much) better.

and Dre'Mont Jones in the sub package is gonna be an added thorn in the side of peoples more oft than not.

think Flacco's gonna show up and will be surprised if we take either game from 'em.

and the Raiders secondary added Abrams, Mullen and Isaiah Johnson.... all very solid additions.... they already have two first rounders and LaMarcus Joyner back there to start with.

Ferrell helps solidify a fairly formidable/decent front four.

they're @least four deep @wideout and they added Renfrow who might be another one of those thorns in yer sides.

Josh Jacobs is gonna help and Foster Moreau won't hurt, and....

like it or not, Derek Carr was once upon a time a 12-4 QB as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

was a big fan of Courtland Sutton last year and he did not disappoint, and feel similar re: Noah Fant.... thought he woulda been good w/Mariota, but don't doubt that Flacco will take full advantage, and.... DaeSean Hamilton is a solid.

if Ja'Wuan James and/or Bolles do anything, Connor McGovern is a straight baller, and Dalton Risner very much a solid.... their Oline should be (much) better.

and Dre'Mont Jones in the sub package is gonna be an added thorn in the side of peoples more oft than not.

think Flacco's gonna show up and will be surprised if we take either game from 'em.

and the Raiders secondary added Abrams, Mullen and Isaiah Johnson.... all very solid additions.... they already have two first rounders and LaMarcus Joyner back there to start with.

Ferrell helps solidify a fairly formidable/decent front four.

they're @least four deep @wideout and they added Renfrow who might be another one of those thorns in yer sides.

Josh Jacobs is gonna help and Foster Moreau won't hurt, and....

like it or not, Derek Carr was once upon a time a 12-4 QB as well.

Yeah the ESPN guys don't like Mullin and said Abrams can't cover lol. Seriously that is what they said. Box safety is what they called him. They like Johnson.
                      young team who is maybe 8-8 next season and I think we split with Denver.
                      I'm not a fan of Gruden either. He complicates things and not a big fan of Joyner. They had some good player in that Rams defense and it was terrible

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                        22-8...the Chargers record since Oct. 2 2017.
                        Beachcomer says dont get used to it and we will be lucky to keep up with the Raiders. The Chiefs and Broncos are running away with this division because Flacco is awesome and Tyreek Hill will be suspended.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Beachcomer says....
                          that yes, the Raiders are coming on (still might only win maybe six games ?), and that the Chiefs might slip a bit (to 10-6 ?), but should prolly finish ahead of us behind Reid and Mahomes, and that Denver may well surprise (11-5 ?) as they have improved, and....

had the Bolts @11-5 last year, so my expectations were exceeded, and.... suspecting in the neighborhood of 9-7 this year.... it's a push/last year in the Stub Hub ??

will go out on the proverbial limb and say we split w/(both) Oaktown (and KC)....

Comment

Working...
                          X