• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    that yes, the Raiders are coming on (still might only win maybe six games ?), and that the Chiefs might slip a bit (to 10-6 ?), but should prolly finish ahead of us behind Reid and Mahomes, and that Denver may well surprise (11-5 ?) as they have improved, and....

had the Bolts @11-5 last year, so my expectations were exceeded, and.... suspecting in the neighborhood of 9-7 this year.... it's a push/last year in the Stub Hub ??

will go out on the proverbial limb and say we split w/(both) Oaktown (and KC)....
    I think without Hill the Chiefs will still be good but that is a huge hit to their offense. Hill set the table for Maholms and everything they did in the passing game. The decline will be noticeable.I think you are WAY overestimating the Broncos, if they play perfect with no injuries maybe 8-8 and the Raiders 6-10 would be akin to a SB run for most teams.

Just like last season we will fight down to the wire with the Chefs while the Raiders look up at everyone and the Broncos celebrate mediocrity.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Beachcomer says dont get used to it and we will be lucky to keep up with the Raiders. The Chiefs and Broncos are running away with this division because Flacco is awesome and Tyreek Hill will be suspended.
      That's just Beachcomber being Beachcomber. I'll put money on the Chargers sweeping the Raiders and Broncos and splitting with the Chiefs in the regular season.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

That's just Beachcomber being Beachcomber. I'll put money on the Chargers sweeping the Raiders and Broncos and splitting with the Chiefs in the regular season.
        I'll take that wager.... six pack/growler of 'booch ??

g4LsiyQlwKNR3t2TY5L8HBgeJFOjDC5veXRP7JNa.jpg
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I'll take that wager.... six pack/growler of 'booch ??

g4LsiyQlwKNR3t2TY5L8HBgeJFOjDC5veXRP7JNa.jpg
          It's a bet. But if the Bolts sweep the division I still win.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

It's a bet. But if the Bolts sweep the division I still win.
            :More Q Please:well then.... hopin' you win,
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

This draft confused me. But the more I look at it, the more I think that TT is drafting for speed. I've seen many GMs say they want speedy teams but they never get there.

And how do you get there? Well, if you only want fast players, you eliminate slower guys from your board. If you want a fast team, you don't even consider slow players, no matter how good they are.

For example, you can set a standard that only players in the top 25% in 40 time in a particular position group will be on your board (or some other speed/quickness standard). Now instead of having a top 300, you have a top 75. Split those guys into rounds by production and upside and you have a draft board. And you stick to your board.

Now at 28, Tillery could easily be the top player on your board. Same with every round.

And in a couple of years, you have a fast team. And the Bolts are fast.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                This draft confused me. But the more I look at it, the more I think that TT is drafting for speed. I've seen many GMs say they want speedy teams but they never get there.

And how do you get there? Well, if you only want fast players, you eliminate slower guys from your board. If you want a fast team, you don't even consider slow players, no matter how good they are.

For example, you can set a standard that only players in the top 25% in 40 time in a particular position group will be on your board (or some other speed/quickness standard). Now instead of having a top 300, you have a top 75. Split those guys into rounds by production and upside and you have a draft board. And you stick to your board.

Now at 28, Tillery could easily be the top player on your board. Same with every round.

And in a couple of years, you have a fast team. And the Bolts are fast.
                The AL Davis way of drafting. That didn't work in his late years. I still think having "football players" is valid. Terrell Suggs wasn't/isn't fast at all..... Football player.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The AL Davis way of drafting. That didn't work in his late years. I still think having "football players" is valid. Terrell Suggs wasn't/isn't fast at all..... Football player.
                  apparently we were first overall in avg RAS score for our draftees.... feast or folly ??

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

The 2017 draft was outstanding.
                    Maybe 4 or 5 starters and 2 or 3 backups in 2019.
                    Only Lamp is doubtful.
                    Grade possible: A+

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

TT does not draft that way. Who did he draft that isn't a "football player"? He drafted skill sets and attributes, but first and foremost they were all damn good football players that project well in our system.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

:umno:
                        Beachcomber, you collected yet?

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

:umno:
                          Beachcomber, you collected yet?
                          can't get too high on my horse as think I suggested that MW wouldn't eclipse 50 catches/700 yards.... still underwhelming @49 receptions and 2 touchdowns, and.... did avg 20.4 yds/reception for just over 1k yards on the season.

and yeah, wasn't overly optimistic for this last season as we had to overcome the soccer stadium, and as it turns out the League and their "dazzle" of zebras....

was a little surprised/disappointed that we didn't win a bit more near season's end after the return of Derwin and some others.... had originally forecast nine wins, and then upped it to ten after Luck was retired outta the game we had against them, and.... then the wheels came off.

doesn't seem likely now, albeit really think that if we would stick w/Phil and the core talent on this team, and while moving on from some of the vets, that think we'd be right there.... now, not so sure ??

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍