• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Tranquill and Egbule are #6 and #8 rated LB's on Draft Network

Even though they were taken in rounds 4 and 6, respectively, LB's Drue Tranquill and Emeke Egbule are the #6 and #8 rated LB's in Draft Network's rankings. Looks like we got pretty good value with the pair.

Last edited by Topcat; 04-29-2019, 05:22 AM.
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Great find. Happy w those picks. Overall a decent draft just a couple picks head scratchers

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Also didn't three ILBs go in the first round? Insane we got the two we did where we got them.

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Tranquil can be special in that adrian phillips role.
        my only concern are those 2 acl surgeries. Im not gonna lie knee injuries and back injuries terrify me. So if he can stay healthy we got a good player if he cant then it was a missed pick.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
          my only concern are those 2 acl surgeries. Im not gonna lie knee injuries and back injuries terrify me. So if he can stay healthy we got a good player if he cant then it was a missed pick.
          For a 4th round pick, the gamble on a player who has had injury issues is very much worth it.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I put them in the order taken
            Dru Tranquill was the 8th true LB taken, and Emeke Egbule was the 20th LB taken.

2 in the 1st round (Devin White, Devin Bush)
            1 in the 2nd (Jahlani Tavai)
            4 in the 3rd (Germaine Pratt, Sione Takitaki, Cody Barton, Bobby Okereke)
            1 in the 4th (Dru Tranquill)
            7 in the 5th (Ben Burr-Kirven, Ryan Connelly, Vosean Joesph, Dre Greenlaw, Andrew Van Ginkel, Mack Wilson, Cameron Smith, EJ Speed, Cole Holcomb)
            5 in the 6th (Sutton Smith*, David Long Jr, Emeke Egbule, Ulysse Gilbert, Deshaun Davis)
            3 in the 7th (Ty Summers, Kaden Elliss, Dakota Allen)

* I remove the guys who are obvious edge rushers, except for Sutton Smith, who lacks the bulk and frame to be an edge rusher.

I think the number of LB taken in the 5th demonstrates, there were a lot of players at LB who had very similar grades. There was not much of a point reaching for the LB class until the 5th round, and the run started. Then the 5th and 6th round run happened, (12 of 22 LB taken in those two rounds) and, then teams figure they can get similar players if they wait till the UDFA, so little need to take them in the 7th.

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

For a 4th round pick, the gamble on a player who has had injury issues is very much worth it.
              If the gamble pays off im happy. Im hust not a fan of drafting players with injury history. That was the main reason i didnt want verrett back in the draft, plus he was undersized it was a injury waiting to happen. But thats just how i look at it. Some injuries im cool with. But knee and back injuries will almost always make me take the player off my board

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                • Jun 2013
                • Palm Springs
                • I know nothing
                • Send PM

I read recently that these days surgically repaired ACLs are stronger than original. Do you disagree?

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Thomas Davis should be able to pass on a thing or 2 about recovering from and training after multiple ACL tears. Not ideal, but guys do work through these things to be productive.

Comment

• charger1993
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Thomas Davis should be able to pass on a thing or 2 about recovering from and training after multiple ACL tears. Not ideal, but guys do work through these things to be productive.
                    I remember that, thomas davis had what 3 acl surgeries?? Idk how he ever came back and became the player he is. It honestly blows my mind. Theres dudes who tear their acl 1 time and they're never the same. Its kinda crazy to think about how some players had the chips fall just the right way for them.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I remember that, thomas davis had what 3 acl surgeries?? Idk how he ever came back and became the player he is. It honestly blows my mind. Theres dudes who tear their acl 1 time and they're never the same. Its kinda crazy to think about how some players had the chips fall just the right way for them.
                      The ACL tears vary so much as the amount of damage, how hard they work in recovery, how skilled the surgeon was, etc. all factor in. The fact he came back and put up those combine numbers on his repaired knees is mind blowing and he clearly is recovered. How long will it hold up and was it bad luck or is he injury prone are the obvious concerns.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The ACL tears vary so much as the amount of damage, how hard they work in recovery, how skilled the surgeon was, etc. all factor in. The fact he came back and put up those combine numbers on his repaired knees is mind blowing and he clearly is recovered. How long will it hold up and was it bad luck or is he injury prone are the obvious concerns.
                        Good point.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡