• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Actually, if Herbert or Tua is still there at 6, and we wanna go in a different direction, there could be a lucrative market there for us...lot more teams out there that would like to pick up a top tier QB prospect than some here realize...but I see your point. Say they actually like Eason better than Herbert...then somebody else might too...in fact, it's probable....cuz to take Eason over Herbert, he pretty much has to blow him away in the process, and that will be observed. Risky moving back, if a QB is what you want...just take the guy you want when you pick,don't get cute.

On the other hand, if QB is not the priority, and you get offered a nice package of picks, move back.

Sure...if they love Eason, I would love for them to pull off a Blue chip player in the first, and then packaging a third or fourth to move back up and snatch him...but I have no faith in that type of deal...you can't rely on that type of plan to actually work...too many variables. Unless Rivers comes back cheap...then you have a plan B.
    sort of my thoughts. love the idea of pulling the double switcharoo off, but you have to be ready to assume your second guy is gone.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Food for thought, 'Roo.
      Thank you for your wisdom and insight.

Here's a statement for consideration.

Philip Rivers is as much
      a victim of the move to LA
      as Charger fans.

I consider the situation as untenable.
      Very much agree. Rivers tried his best, just didn’t work out.

Moving on: Thomas then either sit tight or trade back up for a QB. And like with every year, I think there will be a couple solid QB starters not picked in round one, hopefully we snag one.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        You folks go ahead and dream a little dream...but while you are drooling over a prospect that will never see Bolts, I'm gonna be checking out Herbert vs Wisconsin on Monday. Of course, if he looks good, and nails the process...then we gotta worry about Miami. Unless Tua comes out, and checks out healthy...and then all you have to worry about is people behind you trading in front and stealing him...
        Gonna be some drama in the month of April for Charger fans...
        OOOps...went to tune in the game...I must be getting senile...I thought that Oregon played the Badgers today...not til Wed. LOL
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

We should have drafted Mahomes in 2017 when we had the chance. It was obvious to me he was the best pick for us. Him or Watson. Because we did not do that this team will likely suck for another 3-5 years at least. The o-line would not have been such an issue with either of those two QB's.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

AJ Smith peaked too early as a GM.

Telesco never even did that.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              AJ Smith peaked too early as a GM.

Telesco never even did that.
              AJ just got a big ego and thought he had a stacked roster so he was playing with house money with many draft picks. I get Weddle was a good player but he cost a lot; Hester he overvalued; Crompton and Waters were just bad picks. Telesco needs a bit of humility. I wish he was closer with McDaniels and he could go with Josh. I would take Jimmy Raye or Louis Riddick

Comment

• bartman83642
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

7 years! Who is the idiot who broke the mirror for the bad luck. Really though lots of bad decisions from all areas of the team. Ownership, GM, coaches, players. It has really been a whole team effort. Now that the 7 years is up lets hope we can start turning things around since the bolts will be playing in a shiny new stadium. Not counting on it but we can always dream.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                  ~ Charger Fan ~
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Jupiter, FL
                  • Send PM

When does the NFL announce the compensatory picks?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
                    When does the NFL announce the compensatory picks?
                    They announced 2019 order on Feb 22, so extrapolate from that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                      We should have drafted Mahomes in 2017 when we had the chance. It was obvious to me he was the best pick for us. Him or Watson. Because we did not do that this team will likely suck for another 3-5 years at least. The o-line would not have been such an issue with either of those two QB's.
                      You don't just draft a first round QB when you aren't looking for one just for the hell of it.
                      So funny we keep seeing these types of comments three years down the road. Where were you in the 2017 draft giving this opinion?
                      Some still think Rivers can play another 2 years. I think he can too it's just evident we can't get a OL for him and just roll with turd bags like Scott, Tevi and Feeney.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-30-2019, 07:02 PM.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                        Welcome to the board, good to have you here :hello:

I disagree about Watson though. He's had his share of injuries already in his career, and I think he wouldn't have survived behind this line.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                          ~ Charger Fan ~
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Jupiter, FL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

They announced 2019 order on Feb 22, so extrapolate from that.

Comment

Working...
                          X