• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post

lol,
    costello is moving on to leach after playing for shaw.. watch his stats lol
    newman had a good year at wake and is the number 1 grad transfer in the ncaa. lol
    if you watch a texas game you see the leadership, toughness, football player ehrliger is. those are the qualities everyone talks about here. lol

this year you have teams shitting because they don't want to make a mistake draft whomever is the @2 qb. lol
    If you say so.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Tua with a 13 Wonderlic score. I don’t put too much stock in the Wonderlic as some really good QB’s have had less than flattering scores and had HOF careers. However, when your number of college injuries and Wonderlic score are only separated by single digits it’s not a great look.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
        Tua with a 13 Wonderlic score. I don’t put too much stock in the Wonderlic as some really good QB’s have had less than flattering scores and had HOF careers. However, when your number of college injuries and Wonderlic score are only separated by single digits it’s not a great look.
        Guys...you do realize those are not official results, but supposed leaked results? The Wonderlic is condfidential, and for team eyes only. The Athletic has historically reported "leaked" info that later turned out to be bullshit...

There have been multiple tweets(Albert Breer, Chase Claypool) challenging these results. Herbert supposedly got a 39, which matches his academic prowess...Tua actually may have scored a bit higher, 19? But again, we don't really know...

In any event, it means nothing to me...so a QB can't do math, which is part of the test. I just want him eat up playbooks, and to read and adjust to defenses on the fly. Tua does that. Once again, people finding an excuse to not draft Tua. Just grab your little raisins, and say no because you think he is gonna get hurt...cuz it's really the only reason not to take him at #6. A good enough one? Maybe...that's a matter of opinion, and I happen to think it's reasonable to think either way...but I give zero fucks about his wonderlic score.
        Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
        (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
        23. A. Mitchell WR
        37. K. Jenkins DT
        69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
        110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
        181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hurts and Tua were very close talent wise at Bama. Hurts took his demotion like a man and moved on and produced. I’m supposed to buy that Tua is a top 6 pick and Hurts in a 2nd rounder because Hurts struggled in first half against GA in title game and Tua took over. I’ll just ignore that they were a coin toss apart over which should start for Bama. The gap between these two is Top 6 vs 2nd rd even with a scary as hell injury history on Tua? Not buying it and wouldn’t draft a QB at 6 regardless of who it is with that medical report.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The values of the Wonderlic probably mean nothing to selection, but maybe some teams like to see if there are outliers to evaluate commitment to the evaluation system, or maybe for how they might coach the player if they do pick them. To me, it's just a McGuffin, meant to cause controversy for us fans who have no say in the draft process.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

I dont have exact numbers, but sub packages on defense are used around 70% of the time. That right there, means Simmons would have a bigger impact. The closer we get to the draft, the more I feel Simmons won't be there. That's how talented he is. But for some reason he makes it to six, that will be an even bigger gift than James was at 17.

The roster now, does not have an impact linebacker on James level. That couldn't be said with Simmons there. And you think the same could be said of a IDL. I just have to disagree.

Bottom line for me, at 6 we should be able to get a blue chip stud.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                I dont have exact numbers, but sub packages on defense are used around 70% of the time. That right there, means Simmons would have a bigger impact. The closer we get to the draft, the more I feel Simmons won't be there. That's how talented he is. But for some reason he makes it to six, that will be an even bigger gift than James was at 17.

The roster now, does not have an impact linebacker on James level. That couldn't be said with Simmons there. And you think the same could be said of a IDL. I just have to disagree.

Simmons would be a huge get. Huge

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                  Hurts and Tua were very close talent wise at Bama. Hurts took his demotion like a man and moved on and produced. I’m supposed to buy that Tua is a top 6 pick and Hurts in a 2nd rounder because Hurts struggled in first half against GA in title game and Tua took over. I’ll just ignore that they were a coin toss apart over which should start for Bama. The gap between these two is Top 6 vs 2nd rd even with a scary as hell injury history on Tua? Not buying it and wouldn’t draft a QB at 6 regardless of who it is with that medical report.
                  Hurts and Tua are not faintly close, talent wise. There is a reason Hurts transferred and it's because he realized he wouldn't come close to sniffing the field as long as Tua was there. I would probably pass on Tua because of the injury fear but he might have challenged Burrow for the #1 pick if he hadn't gotten hurt. He did, so that has to be a huge factor but his ceiling, IF healthy, is way higher than Hurts.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Man this draft's QB landscape is like walkin thru a minefield.Good luck TT.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      Just saw some video of Jonathan Taylor. He seems able to make decisions quicker than MG, which tells he probably has better vision. Not sure he's as explosive at the top end but did notice his ability to step out of shoe string tackles, something MG never seem to do.
                      Most boards showing him going in the 2nd, maybe 3rd. Not sure I'd be comfortable taking him that high. But if he makes it to the 4th........
                      Taylor ran a 4.39 and MG ran a 4.52, so I'd have to guess he's got the better top end. And Taylor ran that lightning quick 40 carrying 11lbs more than MG.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I understand that a draft class is just not about the current year. Hence drafting the RIGHT QB for the future is an understandable selection at 6, 37 or 71.

That being said - I cannot think of another player that probably impacts the team more than Simmons except maybe LT. First, there is the need at LB to be sure. So this is where the stars align (need meets best player- this might apply to Brown, and an OT). But the Chargers have the pieces of a good defense but having that linebacker to work with DJ and Bosa - really could make this a top 5 defense.

I am not discounting Ingram, Harris, Hayward, Joseph -- but those guys can just do their jobs to allow Bosa, James and potentially Simmons to be the game wreckers.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I just don't think that LB's have as big an impact on the game as OT's. To predict that Simmons will be a bigger gift than James (82.5 pff) is a big order.

Even with his sophomore slump, Kyzir White had a pff score of 66.6. And Drue Tranquil scored a 66.6 as well. These are not great pff scores (I prefer 70+ scores) but much better than the OL scores: Pipkins (63.3), Lamp (59.3), Feeney (51.7), Pouncey (58.2), Quessenberry (58.4).

I think the upgrade at 1-tech with Joseph (71.2) from Mebane (48.7) will help several players. I think Joseph will demand more double teams. That will give Tillery (34.0) more one-on-one opportunities. I think that will better protect White, Tranquil, and Perryman at the 2nd level.

I understand everyone's fascination with Simmons athleticism, but I believe people are over-estimating a LB's impact when chosen that high. Here a list of highly drafted LB's from recent drafts: Devin White (#5 in 2019), Roquan Smith (#8 in 2018). Most of the high pick LB's are pass rushers, too (usually 3-4 systems). I believe we find a solid LB in the 2nd thru 4th round.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍