• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Again...Hurts finds a way to win...but he doesn't blow you away with any pro like skills. Gonna keep an eye on him, cuz I don't think he is done...I think they get to the playoffs when LSU knocks off Georgia...and I will also want to see him produce some pro type throws consistently in his spring workouts...still evaluating.
    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Proctor a back up is playing LT with the young RT Ealy sliding in at LG and Swenson another young OT sliding over to RT. That OL at this point is Humphrey and then everyone else. He is the glue and didnt have a great game. On that last FG drive hes lucky Hurts one handed a bad snap. Nice recovery by Jalen. They have Lamb and Humphrey. They dont have the monster TE like Mark Andrews was. Rambo is a decent WR but still not a major guy like Lamb.

There was no room to run. Hurts was playing behind a shaky OL that got beat a lot and he remained calm and poised. No panic. Always overcomes. Makes thr ight plays when he has to. Doesnt kill the team with monumental mistakes. Pretty solid showing considering he isnt surrounded by much other than Lamb.

That pass he threw for the TD was throwing his WR open and threading a back shoulder needle. Really pretty. Baylor really showed up prepared for his mobility. And he did enough with his arm to get his team the win.

Hes a good little QB. Again im not talking about him with our 1st round pick.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

Tell you what....next couple of years, keep an eye out for that Jacob Zeno...the true freshman Baylor trotted out there?...he fuck near won them the game with a number of beautiful, highlight worthy throws...put Baylor back in it single handed...he develops the rest of his game to match that arm talent, he will be a big commodity in a near future draft.
        Last edited by Lone Bolt; 12-07-2019, 01:21 PM.
        The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Proctor a back up is playing LT with the young RT Ealy sliding in at LG and Swenson another young OT sliding over to RT. That OL at this point is Humphrey and then everyone else. He is the glue and didnt have a great game. On that last FG drive hes lucky Hurts one handed a bad snap. Nice recovery by Jalen. They have Lamb and Humphrey. They dont have the monster TE like Mark Andrews was. Rambo is a decent WR but still not a major guy like Lamb.

There was no room to run. Hurts was playing behind a shaky OL that got beat a lot and he remained calm and poised. No panic. Always overcomes. Makes thr ight plays when he has to. Doesnt kill the team with monumental mistakes. Pretty solid showing considering he isnt surrounded by much other than Lamb.

That pass he threw for the TD was throwing his WR open and threading a back shoulder needle. Really pretty. Baylor really showed up prepared for his mobility. And he did enough with his arm to get his team the win.

Hes a good little QB. Again im not talking about him with our 1st round pick.
          Fleet, yep, what impresses me about Hurts is that when he is flushed out of the pocket, he slides over calmly, scrambles if he has to, and throws well even when scrambling...Hurts puts nice touch on his passes, making for a very catchable ball...Hurts is the kind of game-managing QB I like for us--makes the short and intermediate passes, throws very few picks (31 TD's / 6 picks this year), throws the ball away if the receivers are covered, and extends a lot of plays with his legs. Plus, he's played for two big time programs with Alabama and OU...I don't think he lasts until round 2...tough choice, because I want an OT bad in round 1...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Tell you what....next couple of years, keep an eye out for that Jacob Zeno...the true freshman Baylor trotted out their?...he fuck near won them the game with a number of beautiful, highlight worthy throws...put Baylor back in it single handed...he develops the rest of his game to match that arm talent, he will be a big commodity in a near future draft.
            Man, u got that right, Lone...had Zeno started, I think Baylor may have won this one...they said Zeno was the #135 overall HS recruit out of ALL positions...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

On to the SEC championship...to drool over Joe, who we will never get to pick...but while you are at it, check out these guys...

LT Andrew Thomas Georgia
              QB Jake Fromm Georgia
              RB D'andre Swyft Georgia
              OG Solomon Kindley Georgia
              CB Kristian Fulton LSU
              S Grant Delpit LSU
              OC Lloyd Cushenberry LSU
              DT Rashard Lawrence 1 Tech LSU
              The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Love the little back, Edwards-Helaire...if we didn't have Ekelor, I would be all over that...I think he is a change of pace back at the next level.
                The TPB makes plans....

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Good amount of game film on some prospects.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt2...uziASpg/videos

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Love the little back, Edwards-Helaire...if we didn't have Ekelor, I would be all over that...I think he is a change of pace back at the next level.
                    He is Darren Sproles 2.0. Great player

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I guess I’m the only one fine with dropping a 1st on Hurts lol. Seems cheap.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I’m with Critty. Put Burrow on this squad and we’re golden

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I guess I’m the only one fine with dropping a 1st on Hurts lol. Seems cheap.
                          Blue, depending on how high the Bolts have Hurts rated at draft time, I might be with you. Hurts is a winner, can scramble, moves easily out of the pocket, is cool under pressure, and throws very few picks. I think those traits alone with our team this year win us 2-3 more games so far...

Comment

Working...
                          X