• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Begs the question on how many QB in this draft are worthy of a top 10 grade?

My grading it is only 2. Reaching to take a guy way too early doesn't make him a top 10 pick.

And with Tua being disqualified due to injury, it seems like the only true top 10 QB in Burrows, who is going to Cinci.

Every QB who had a major injury in college who has been taken in the 1st round has had had injury issues as a pro QB.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Begs the question on how many QB in this draft are worthy of a top 10 grade?

My grading it is only 2. Reaching to take a guy way too early doesn't make him a top 10 pick.

And with Tua being disqualified due to injury, it seems like the only true top 10 QB in Burrows, who is going to Cinci.

Every QB who had a major injury in college who has been taken in the 1st round has had had injury issues as a pro QB.
      Thats why he’s there to break our hearts at 6.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Taking Tua at 6 is a scary risk.
        With Simmons there ?
        No way.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          Taking Tua at 6 is a scary risk.
          With Simmons there ?
          No way.
          I had to hit "like" as there is no "ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY" option!

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
            Interesting stats according to PPF:

If a team has Top 10 pass rusher but no top 10 QB = 47% winning percentage and zero SB’s…..

If a team has Top 10 QB without a top 10 pass rusher = 62% winning percentage including last 2 SB’s……
            so that means you're trading Bosa to WashDC or Detroit for the chance to draft Tua ?? !!
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes...and i really like Reagor. Would be estatic if we got him but he isnt a 4.22- 4.28 guy lol. Hand timed is always faster. But yes fast is fast and 4.45 is pretty fast. I would much rather have him over Hamler and wouldnt hesitate. He and Gibson are my favorite offensive draft picks for us.

I dont know if he will go round 1 as you never know what other teams are looking for but im sticking with us going after Hurts in round 2. Not my choice , think thats Lynns.
              wouldn't your mock be better if you put Reagor in there @37 and then Jalen @71 ??

is it so wrong to make a mock how you'd like things to unfold, rather than predicting what team TommyJohn will do ??

do you know Rumi @all.... "I'll meet you in a field out past right and wrong.... "
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

wouldn't your mock be better if you put Reagor in there @37 and then Jalen @71 ??

is it so wrong to make a mock how you'd like things to unfold, rather than predicting what team TommyJohn will do ??

do you know Rumi @all.... "I'll meet you in a field out past right and wrong.... "
                Yes...but my reason is TT thinking Indy, Tampa, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas all may take him ahead of us in round 2.
                I could be wrong but I think he is Lynn's kind of guy.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Yes...but my reason is TT thinking Indy, Tampa, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas all may take him ahead of us in round 2.
                  was thinkin' Chi town 'til they signed Foles, and doubtful he ends up w/the likes of Reich or Arians, and that could be a PR disaster in Dallas if they brought him in to upend Dak ??

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

I don't think a ton of teams like Hurts, could be wrong...I do think he is a Lynn type of guy...but wouldn't be surprised to see him fall to the 4th like Prescott if we don't target him...

I agree with Beach...you should put Reagor in there, and drop Hurts to the third....why should I care, you ask? Because I got a million scenarios I like, but can only fit a couple in my sig, so I have to live vicariously through others...:lol:
                    The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

What if in the 2nd round when the Chargers were on the clock, WR-Brandon Aiyuk, WR-Justin Jefferson and OT- Austin Jackson were all on the board?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Probably Jackson...even deeper WR class this year than OT, and I wonder just how sure they are about Pipkens after facetiming so many of the top OT prospects this year.
                        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          What if in the 2nd round when the Chargers were on the clock, WR-Brandon Aiyuk, WR-Justin Jefferson and OT- Austin Jackson were all on the board?
                          OT Jackson unless we get on OT in the 1st. No brainer.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X