• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I don't think there is anything wrong with Adams, save his medical issues. He has a bit of "Animal House" in him...so what? I don't believe he would be a distraction in the locker room...in fact, he was well liked by team mates, great locker room guy. He didn't do drugs, beat up his girlfriend, or have a weapons charge. I would take a late round flyer on the hopes that he stays healthy, returns to form, and reaches that potential he flashed as an underclassman.
    first Tua and now Adams.... the unbothered (Lone) Bolt.... holy guacamole.... (did I miss anyone ?)

* you do recall the Craig Davis/Anthony Waters draft of AJ days bygone, yes ??

ps. isn't Niang a bit of an injury concern as well.... (healing up from a shoulder injury ?)
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how is that.... ?? !!

one guy says he has a longtime/solid source in the org and gets the feeling that we're gonna pass on QB altogether, and then another infantry of pundits claim that we like the all of 'em ?? !!

wiggle room or what....
      Because none of the scouts have been hanging out, slamming tequila shots and oversharing. And there's been no personal interaction between pundits and football people since the combine.

On your 2nd sentence, was that the Burmeister interview?

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Because none of the scouts have been hanging out, slamming tequila shots and oversharing. And there's been no personal interaction between pundits and football people since the combine.

On your 2nd sentence, was that the Burmeister interview?
        never heard of the guy, and.... made it to the three minute mark on the DP show.... what'd I miss ??
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

never heard of the guy, and.... made it to the three minute mark on the DP show.... what'd I miss ??
          Paul Burmeister's been a college FB guy forever. I saw an interview with him recently where he said he had a contact in the Chargers who said QB wasn't happening @ 6 for sure. I don't necessarily agree with him, bit it's in line with what you were saying.

Do you mean McAfee?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

first Tua and now Adams.... the unbothered (Lone) Bolt.... holy guacamole.... (did I miss anyone ?)

ps. isn't Niang a bit of an injury concern as well.... (healing up from a shoulder injury ?)

My reason for not wanting Jeffrey Simmons last year was he wouldn't play because of his knee injury.
            Had I known he would in fact play last season I'd have been on board with drafting him.

Last season was supposed to be a playoff run for us and Simmins wouldn't help as far as I knew.
            So here we are, we sucked without him and now wish we had him.

Niang will be playing this season but I don't know his injury history.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Paul Burmeister's been a college FB guy forever. I saw an interview with him recently where he said he had a contact in the Chargers who said QB wasn't happening @ 6 for sure. I don't necessarily agree with him, bit it's in line with what you were saying.

Do you mean McAfee?
              yeah, think it was Burmeister w/someone else.... Simms or ??

think that link went to the Dan Patrick show and that wasn't the guy there....

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

02) DC * LT Andrew Thomas * gotta have someone to spell TW
                03) Lions * DE Chase Young * Motor City madness will ensue
                04) Giants * RT Tristan Wirfs * for various reasons, other three tackles eliminated from consideration
                05) Miami * LT Mekhi Becton * South Beach left holding the tank and the rebuild continues
                06) LAC * QB Justin Herbert * TT likes him, he fits what AL wants to do, only young John needs to sign off
                07) Carolina * DT Derrick Brown * old habits die hard here and they go IDL once again
                08) Az * WILLIS Isaiah Simmons * addin’ some sizzle on D to go w/the sizzle on other side of the ball
                09) Jax * CB Jeffrey Okudah * well whattya know, the top CB falls right into their laps (again)
                10) Browns * OT Josh Jones * don’t know what his metrics say, but do know what eye think of Wills
                11) Jets * WR CeeDee Lamb * common sense/consensus would slot Jedrick here, and….
                12) Vegas * SS Xavier McKinney * they surprised last year w/Clelin and will prolly do it again
                13) SF * DT Javon Kinlaw * no Lamb, they’re goin’ beef and spelling Buckner @the IDL
                14) Bucs * WR Justin Jefferson * do you really think Brady survives/thrives without his proverbial SR
                15) Denver * ILB Kenneth Murray * or is it Queen here
                16) Atlanta * CB CJ Henderson * Chaisson is too much of a risk as he lacks production
                17) Dallas * DE AJ Epenesa * when you’re still bitter ‘bout missin’ out on Bosa you’re going DE here
                18) Miami * OC Cesar Ruiz * gotta say would gladly trade down if eye knew we were going Herbster
                19) Vegas * CB Kristian Fulton * think most peoples have AJ Terrell penciled in here atm
                20) Jax * QB Tua Tagovailoa * can pick up where Gardner Minshew’s sophomore slump leaves off
                21) Philly * WR Jerry Jeudy * just like Young to Detroit, think the other JJ fits well in the City of bro love
                22) Minny * OT Ezra Cleveland * they coulda, woulda, shoulda drafted Fromm, and they don’t
                23) Indy * QB Jake Fromm * but Reich does and will have a gem after two years behind PR
                24) Saints * WR Jalen Reagor * Jordyn Brooks and KJ Hamler gettin’ some run here as well
                25) Vikes * CB Jeff Gladney * reminds me of Desmond who eye had slotted early to Pitt that year
                26) Miami * QB Jordan Love * does come off the board round one as they like him better than Justin
                27) Seattle * LEO Yetur Gross Matos * the best and maybe only chance for Austin Jackson to go day one
                28) Ravens * RB JK Dobbins * he won’t be there in the second for ‘em
                29) Titans * RT Isaiah Wilson * have seen this guy slotted almost to 200, but many have him here
                30) GBay * ILB Patrick Queen * they’d prefer a lineman here, albeit waiting on a WR or two (ten picks)
                31) SF * CB Jaylon Johnson * or does Lynch look for a safety here, someone like Antoine Winfield
                32) KC * WR Henry Ruggs * lacks production despite speed, and JoTay could well be there in the second

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Disagree...I think the craziness with start with later first round where teams are taking chances on QB prospects with 5th year option.
                  Could be.
                  Have a great draft, gzubeck !
                  Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                  Ben Herbert

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

how is that.... ?? !!

one guy says he has a longtime/solid source in the org and gets the feeling that we're gonna pass on QB altogether, and then another infantry of pundits claim that we like the all of 'em ?? !!

wiggle room or what....
                    Could be from the draft gods mouths to beaches ears.

Have a great draft beach !
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                    Ben Herbert

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

I'm talking 6th 7th rounder for Adams...and Tua isn't my first choice, but understand and respect daring to be great, and taking a chance on a guy widely considered a can't miss, francise prospect without the rash of injuries...

Can't go though life scared, widdle wabbit....
                      The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

If you are trading back - good thing the Chargers are ahead of Arizona and Carolina as they also want to trade back possibly. That is if Simmons and maybe even Tua are off the board

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I'm talking 6th 7th rounder for Adams...and Tua isn't my first choice, but understand and respect daring to be great, and taking a chance on a guy widely considered a can't miss, francise prospect without the rash of injuries...

Can't go though life scared, widdle wabbit....
                          But you can become unemployed............

Comment

Working...
                          X